Another CAT C

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
docurley
5th Gear

Another CAT C

Post by docurley » Thu May 21, 2015 9:18 am

Well the main reason the RS4 gets hit with the CAT C brush is the same old trim theft.

http://www.hbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/zyview/D=v ... /R=5867882
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

Ozzyz
3rd Gear

Re: Another CAT C

Post by Ozzyz » Thu May 21, 2015 9:36 am

That is a sad sight. What are those pipes next to the header tank?

leericho
2nd Gear

Post by leericho » Thu May 21, 2015 9:45 am

crying shame, looks tidy

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:21 am

Ozzyz wrote:That is a sad sight. What are those pipes next to the header tank?

An attempt at a carbon catch tank which don't work.

No window broken either so they had the keys or did the lock in

Ellis
2nd Gear

Post by Ellis » Thu May 21, 2015 10:42 am

That makes for painful viewing. It would be devastating to have such done to your own car.

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Thu May 21, 2015 10:57 am

Very but they can be brought back like mine and that one looks like someone cared for it.
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

anawaz
1st Gear

Post by anawaz » Thu May 21, 2015 11:13 am

... there's pros and cons to having those buckets you know !

personally i wanted to reduce the risk (and pain), so opted for non-buckets.

Does anyone know if the problem has spilled over onto the B8s as well?

Ellis
2nd Gear

Post by Ellis » Thu May 21, 2015 11:23 am

anawaz wrote:personally i wanted to reduce the risk (and pain), so opted for non-buckets.
Each to their own and all that jazz but I find that a rather strange reason to opt for the comfort seats, particularly if you wanted the buckets.

On that basis, people should buy a Nokia 3310 as an iPhone is more desirable to thieves.

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Thu May 21, 2015 11:29 am

I might suggest to put thieves is to have the seats customised, I know not everyone wants to do that or have the money to do that but Joe blogs thieves would have to think twice

JCviggen
5th Gear

Post by JCviggen » Thu May 21, 2015 11:39 am

Ellis wrote:
anawaz wrote:personally i wanted to reduce the risk (and pain), so opted for non-buckets.
Each to their own and all that jazz but I find that a rather strange reason to opt for the comfort seats, particularly if you wanted the buckets.

On that basis, people should buy a Nokia 3310 as an iPhone is more desirable to thieves.
People don't have to leave their phones unattended at the side of the road at night...

Though I am somewhat amazed by the amount of reports from the UK of various levels of car theft. Seems like the worst place on the planet to own an expensive car pretty much. Around here the worst thing that can happen is some pillock nicking your headlights.
B7 RS4 saloon Misano red, comfy seats, JHM tune & JHM full exhaust with cats and resonators - gone.
C5 RS6 Avant Daytona/Cognac - gone.
981 Cayman GTS Gray/Orange.
My youtube

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Thu May 21, 2015 12:12 pm

JCviggen wrote:
Ellis wrote:

People don't have to leave their phones unattended at the side of the road at night...

Though I am somewhat amazed by the amount of reports from the UK of various levels of car theft. Seems like the worst place on the planet to own an expensive car pretty much. Around here the worst thing that can happen is some pillock nicking your headlights.
I know headlights being stolen was very much a US thing with headlights being stolen just for the projectors but not heard it ever being a big issue here in the UK.
Last edited by docurley on Thu May 21, 2015 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JCviggen
5th Gear

Post by JCviggen » Thu May 21, 2015 12:14 pm

It's isolated to a few car models here. I've seen a few Porsches missing headlights. And for some reason it's a big thing to steal the headlamp washers on Mazda 3s :lol:

Other than that it's perfectly safe to leave your car unattended here seats and all.
B7 RS4 saloon Misano red, comfy seats, JHM tune & JHM full exhaust with cats and resonators - gone.
C5 RS6 Avant Daytona/Cognac - gone.
981 Cayman GTS Gray/Orange.
My youtube

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Thu May 21, 2015 12:17 pm

JCviggen wrote:It's isolated to a few car models here. I've seen a few Porsches missing headlights. And for some reason it's a big thing to steal the headlamp washers on Mazda 3s :lol:

Other than that it's perfectly safe to leave your car unattended here seats and all.

Might go nick me a Mazda 3 washer just to see what all the fuss is about :biggrin3:

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”