Faisal's RS4

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
FaisalJ
Cruising

Re: Faisal's RS4

Post by FaisalJ » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:31 am

I really didn't mean to buy this, it just sort of popped up in the classifieds, and next thing I knew it was being shipped down to MRC (thanks Dallas83) to meet my car there while it was in for a health check. Someone stop me spending on this car!!! :?
IMG_0277.JPG
IMG_0265.JPG

My wife was complaining that a couple of people have been tailgating/egging her on to go faster...not sure if this will help or make it worse, but I was quite proud of this find:
Stig Sign.JPG
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:53 am

Headlights.

Big thanks to Trups for working late into the night last night to get all of the following done, great bloke, and knows automotive lighting inside out! I didn't get home until the small hours, but it was worth it!

I wanted a couple of bits inside the headlight painted black, but my bodyshop didn't want to do it, so I contacted Trups. Whilst we were exchanging messages, we decided to also do the clear projector lens mod for better light output. I thought I'd ask if he had any other tricks up his sleeve whilst we had the headlights split, and well, yes...he did!

The bits I wanted painted:

Headlight before shot for comparison:

Headlight after painting:

I think they give the car a more aggressive look now:

And in the daytime:

The increase in light output is very noticeable. I was always disappointed with the light output vs. my B8 A4 xenons (with upgraded 6000K bulbs), but no more! I normally flick on high beams on this road, but main beams are now like having my own floodlight! :D

Now, that trick up his sleeve, just for a bit of fun...colour changing demon eyes! :FIREdevil:

This is a new morimoto kit released last week, so I'm told I may be the first in the UK with it. It consists of a remote controlled module, connected to colour changing LEDs which sit inside the projector units in the headlamps. You can have them set to white or a range of colours, turn on or off, or even have some funky disco effects, all from a small remote control. Unlike other similar products, the remote can be operated from inside the car (or as we tested, standing 10-15 feet behind the car!) I asked Trups to wire to an ignition live, as I intend to use them on the white setting in place of DRLs, so wanted them always powered when the ignition is on, although I can still turn them off from the remote if I want to. I doubt I'll use the colours much to be honest, but I thought it was a bit of fun and I can just have them white/off 99.9% of the time if I want to. Perhaps red in the outside lane on the motorway might be handy... :twisted:

Anyway, some pics:

Red nightime shot:

White, at night:

Some daytime shots, with a couple of the other colour options:

So, in summary, all the mods to my adaptive headlights:

- 6000K Morimoto bulbs
- Clear projector lens
- Chrome L-shaped reflector, and grey plastic interior components painted in gloss black
- LED DRLs
- LED sidelights
- Morimoto LED "demon eyes" kit (colour changing on a remote)
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:39 am

Nice mod with the reflector painting, I've had great problems with Trupps stuff though - fitment and soldering is poor.

Can't fault his customer service and the 'look' of the product if/when it works.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

RichieRS
4th Gear

Post by RichieRS » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:14 pm

Lovely work Faisal.

Those headlights look the biz with the newly painted parts.

Loving the red lights. Seeing them come up behind me on a motorway would certainly get me out of the way :thumbs:

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:06 pm

Have you got any pictures of the tail lights at night Faisal?

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:48 pm

marc1 wrote:Have you got any pictures of the tail lights at night Faisal?
Sorry, I don't, but to be honest I think I'll be changing them soon. The tabs holding the bulb units in one of the tail light units have broken, allowing a lot of condensation build up. Not good.

If you're still interested, do a google image search for "depo tail lights audi a4 b7 avant" there are a few pics and vids of the units online.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:08 pm

Cheers mate, Kev sent me the details. Just wondered on the night shot as always best to see a 'decent' picture. No bother. :thumbs:

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:49 pm

Looks great

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:29 am

Got my first ever trackday under my belt on Wednesday, awesome fun! :jump_clap:

Had an instructor for the morning session, which was incredibly useful. Got much better through the morning, but still loads to learn about track driving. Was good to meet some fellow forum members there too.

A few pics, and video of one lap. Apologies for the slightly dodgy angle, suction mounts not allowed so had to improvise!

Video Clip:

https://youtu.be/E-Bm-gmEP6E
2007 RS4 B7 Avant

JCviggen
5th Gear

Post by JCviggen » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:51 am

Car looks awesome on track. And the driving in the vid is nice and smooth, well done! :thumbs:
B7 RS4 saloon Misano red, comfy seats, JHM tune & JHM full exhaust with cats and resonators - gone.
C5 RS6 Avant Daytona/Cognac - gone.
981 Cayman GTS Gray/Orange.
My youtube

otterolly
2nd Gear

Post by otterolly » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:49 pm

Good job out there !!

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:57 pm

Been a while since I had any updates, been busy having sprog no.2, a daughter! Well the wife did some of the work, but I did the hard bit...Surrey to central London hospital in 23min :thumb: Takes about an hour in the day, 1:15 if traffic is bad

Anyway, my LED tail lights were falling to pieces, and water was getting in, so they had to go. At the same time, the spring in my rear wiper arm popped out.

New red/smoked tails from BM town, and had a Q5 wiper arm and blade fitted:

I think the new taillights go better with the rest of the car, seeing as the headlights are blacked out internally too now. Deliberating plati-dipping the audi rings up front, and the wing mirrors, and tinting the side repeaters. I also have a new set of dark coloured wheels. 19" Audi Speedline split rims. I bought them at a good price intended for my wife's golf, but then the tyres would have been so stretched I decided I'll keep them as my second set (sold my OEM set of wheels to a forum member) and have bought her a set of 18's instead. Have sent the 19's off to be fully refurbed in a gun metal grey, keeping the bolts silver, should get them back tomorrow!
2007 RS4 B7 Avant

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:03 am

Got any night shots of the lights? What is the fit like? Looking forward to seeing the Speedlines too.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Faisal's RS4

Post by FaisalJ » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:33 pm

marc1 wrote:Got any night shots of the lights? What is the fit like? Looking forward to seeing the Speedlines too.
The fit seems pretty good to me, no big gaps or misalignment with the body.

Just grabbed this night pic at the airport after dropping my parents off tonight, not the best pic:

Plastidipped the chrome Audi rings up front this morning:

Also picked up the wheels, but didn't get a chance to swap them onto the car though. Fully stripped down, then powder coated in a custom gun metal grey, with a satin finish over the top:

They were done by "wheeldoctor" (Nigel) based in Horley. Great bloke, very enthusaistic about wheels, and did a great job at a reasonable price. (£100 a corner for full strip down and rebuild of split rims, with powder coat finish)
Last edited by FaisalJ on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant

birdiemachine
4th Gear

Post by birdiemachine » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:29 am

FaisalJ wrote:
marc1 wrote:Got any night shots of the lights? What is the fit like? Looking forward to seeing the Speedlines too.
The fit seems pretty good to me, no big gaps or misalignment with the body.

Just grabbed this night pic at the airport after dropping my parents off tonight, not the best pic:

Plastidipped the chrome Audi rings up front this morning:

And picked up the wheels, but didn't get a chance to swap them onto the car though. Fully stripped down, then powder coated in a custom gun metal grey, with a satin finish over the top:

They were done by "wheeldoctor" (Nigel) based in Horley. Great bloke, very enthusaistic about wheels, and did a great job at a reasonable price. (£100 a corner for full strip down and rebuild of split rims, with powder coat finish)
Looks well matey. I have a set of Speedlines exactly like this from my r32, I always assumed they wouldn't fit over the rs4 brakes?

Return to “Readers' Rides”