Faisal's RS4

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
FaisalJ
Cruising

Re: Faisal's RS4

Post by FaisalJ » Tue May 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Kids asleep + Wife out with a friend = Quiet night in with a bottle Image

2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Tue May 10, 2016 11:18 pm

Now all sealed with gTechniq wheel armour and ready to go on the car Image

2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

rspj
4th Gear

Post by rspj » Tue May 10, 2016 11:19 pm

You get pissed on c5 haha
rs4 b8 Suzuka, grey 14

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sun May 15, 2016 5:01 pm

Right, I think I'm done messing around with wheels at least until next winter. Very pleased with how the titanium coloured 20" speedlines look. The mirrors have been swapped for titanium coloured ones too.

A few pics from just before the boxhill meet yesterday, and a couple more taken there (courtesy of Surrey Sam).

Next up:

- Rear bumper respray next week
- JCWF full exhaust the week after
- KDS detailing paint correction end June

:thumbs:
2007 RS4 B7 Avant

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Sun May 15, 2016 5:31 pm

Car is a real credit to you Faisal and looks even better in person :thumbs:
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Mon May 16, 2016 6:55 am

Surrey Sam wrote:Car is a real credit to you Faisal and looks even better in person :thumbs:
Cheers Sam Image

You going to get a thread going on your B8? Looks great in sepang!
2007 RS4 B7 Avant

Punz
Neutral

Post by Punz » Mon May 16, 2016 10:32 am

This is one of my favorite b7's with lots of subtle mods. I was fortunate enough to get a ride in this over the weekend (while looking at the exhaust) and the MRC map does really make a considerable difference.

TobyRS4
2nd Gear

Post by TobyRS4 » Mon May 16, 2016 12:14 pm

sits really well on those wheels, good choice with the colours too!
Sprint Blue B7 RS4 - Black/Titanium optics, Anthracite OEM 19's, De-resonated OEM Exhaust, TTRS FBSW, MRC Stage 2 De-flapped manifold, Full Carbon Clean, MRC Stage 2 Re-map, 431.5 BHP...... must...not...spend....more...

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Mon May 16, 2016 4:02 pm

Thanks gents

The MRC map is well worth it - the instant throttle response in sport mode makes the car come alive.

Puneet - you should definitely consider the map in your plans for yours. With the added bonus then that the lambda sensor warning from non-standard downpipes is no longer an issue :bigblink:
2007 RS4 B7 Avant

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sun May 29, 2016 3:42 pm

This made me laugh, had to share...!

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

daytonamart
5th Gear

Post by daytonamart » Sun May 29, 2016 7:38 pm

Love this Faisal.

Clean your car in under 5 hours? Yeah, like that's possible.

Happy b,day.
Gone B8.5 A5 Sportback Black Edition Plus Floret Silver
Current C6 A6 Avant Silver TDi S line snotter
Gone B7 RS4 Sprint Blue Avant
Gone 8P A3 Sportback Reflex Silver
Gone 8V A3 Saloon Daytona Grey
Gone B7 A4 Reflex Silver
Gone B7 RS4 Daytona Grey Avant

FaisalJ
Cruising

Faisal's RS4

Post by FaisalJ » Tue May 31, 2016 9:45 pm

Just got the car home from JCWF. I'm still grinning like an idiot!

The exhaust has a Jekyll and Hyde character to it, that just makes it perfect for me.

With valves closed it is not much louder than my old setup - very similar volume level, but a nicer tone. To be honest , there is a little drone around 2k revs, but it's not bad.

However, put it in S mode and open the valves ....holymotherfu**kinsh!t!!!

All hell breaks loose! And it's addictive.

On the motorway home, I even had a minicab driver undertaking cars to get alongside me, then dropped his window and gave me the universal "give it some" sign. I of course obliged. He seemed to enjoy it.

Ilya (pule333) kindly posted a couple of short clips after I met him to drop off my old system. I may have scared that learner driver a bit...oops.

https://vimeo.com/168835534
https://vimeo.com/168835629

I'll get the GoPro and camcorder and make some proper vids in the coming days.

The one thing missing is the valve flapper mod; I supplied JCWF with a dash switch to do the mod, but we needed a connector which of course was not available in time. I'll get someone local to do the mod for me, and then I'll be able to get the valves open throughout the rev range. In sport mode at the moment, valves open above 4K revs in gears 1 to 3, and fully open only in gears 4 upwards (as Audi intended).

Thanks to JCWF for a great product, and excellent service.

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

rspj
4th Gear

Post by rspj » Tue May 31, 2016 11:05 pm

Looks nice can you take me for spin at next box hill meet please good to hear and go in by on road only driven one on face track
rs4 b8 Suzuka, grey 14

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Tue May 31, 2016 11:29 pm

What have you done with me :( all I want now it that sound in my life :(
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Tue May 31, 2016 11:49 pm

After fitting that exhaust, I'm looking forward to what your next Birthday Card has to say :lol:
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Return to “Readers' Rides”