Faisal's RS4

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
ChrisW
3rd Gear

Re: Faisal's RS4

Post by ChrisW » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:12 pm

+1 for Speedlines :thumbs:

Current: 07' B7 RS4 Avant
Previous: Mk2 Golf VR6 conversion, Mk2 Golf GTi 16v, Mk2 Golf 1.6 GL Auto, Mk3 Golf R32 conversion, BMW Z4 Coupe, BMW 430d, Audi S3, Defender 90 XS, Alfa Romeo 145

FaisalJ
Cruising

Faisal's RS4

Post by FaisalJ » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:29 am

Looks awesome Chris! Thanks again on the advice on the wheels, still seems wrong I have 0 rubbing! Very happy with them, but then I would say that, I think I have a bit of a speedlines fetish...

The golf:

My old S4:

Now sat in my garage:

I see a trend emerging!

No views on the tyres then? I put the ones that need replacing up front at the moment, so they'll get swapped for fresh rubber when the car is at MRC next week.

Marc - I do hear a lot of people have good experiences with those michelins, but the conti's seem to also be extremely good.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Conti ... tact-5.htm
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:10 pm

The conti's are ok. I've used most now and would only ever choose MPSS. If for some reason I couldn't obtain them, I would settle for MPS2's as they are a great tyre. After that Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric. You've now become an official wheel whore, so rude to not treat them to new shoes! :twisted:

ChrisW
3rd Gear

Post by ChrisW » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:08 pm

Whatever you do go for 30 profile and a bit of stretch (245 for the complete win), 35's look too big on a 20" wheel.

:thumbs:
Current: 07' B7 RS4 Avant
Previous: Mk2 Golf VR6 conversion, Mk2 Golf GTi 16v, Mk2 Golf 1.6 GL Auto, Mk3 Golf R32 conversion, BMW Z4 Coupe, BMW 430d, Audi S3, Defender 90 XS, Alfa Romeo 145

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:24 pm

marc1 wrote:The conti's are ok. I've used most now and would only ever choose MPSS. If for some reason I couldn't obtain them, I would settle for MPS2's as they are a great tyre. After that Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric. You've now become an official wheel whore, so rude to not treat them to new shoes! :twisted:
It's a fair cop. These are the 4th set of wheels the car's had in 7 months of ownership!

Do I get a badge? :biggrin3:

I like the Eagle F1's too, I'd fitted a fresh set of those to the wheels that came off the car.

The new 20" speedlines already have 255/30/20 continental sportcontact 5's, and they seem to get rave reviews, so I'll give them a go. Ordered a pair from tyreleader, should hopefully be with me by the end of the week. Chris - they are indeed pretty stretched!
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Neutral

Post by 5681 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:14 pm

Lovely example of a rs4 love the Alcantra steering wheel very nice

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:48 am

5681 wrote:Lovely example of a rs4 love the Alcantra steering wheel very nice
Thanks Mate!

Just leaving this dyno plot before and after carbon clean here, to ensure continuity and have all my car history on this thread.
faisel rs4 before vs after0001.jpg
Full discussion here
2007 RS4 B7 Avant

Wotsirb
2nd Gear

Post by Wotsirb » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Just complete my first Faisal mod thanks to Trups...

All LED interior and exterior lights. Very happy with the results! Keep this thread going, makes me want to spend :p
Toy: '07 B7 RS4 Avant Sprint Blue
Daily: 06 B7 2.0T Special Edition Avant

Previous: '09 B8 2.0T Quattro S line Avant

- OEM Defined - Instagram: @OEMDefined - Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OemDefined/ -

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:57 pm

Those grey 19" speedlines found a new home in Wales, wanted to share the pic as I think they look outstanding on this car! Much better on his car than mine!

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

Wotsirb
2nd Gear

Post by Wotsirb » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:59 pm

Faisal,

Just upgraded to the Fog lights from Trups and now even on auto my car doesn't allow the coming home/leaving home lights when unlocking UNLESS I've been out in the car and turned off the ignition. Have you had any experience with this?
Toy: '07 B7 RS4 Avant Sprint Blue
Daily: 06 B7 2.0T Special Edition Avant

Previous: '09 B8 2.0T Quattro S line Avant

- OEM Defined - Instagram: @OEMDefined - Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OemDefined/ -

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:37 pm

Not something I've noticed to be honest. I'm sure Trups will help you out if you contact him though.

The only issue I've had with Trups LEDs is the number plate lights (which were installed a couple of years back I believe) started intermittently triggering an error recently. Trups has a loom which I got next day delivery and plugs into the number plate lights connection in the tailgate, and that sorted that. I have Trups LEDs everywhere!
2007 RS4 B7 Avant

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:28 pm

A few pics from Donington trackday yesterday :thumbs:

]Image

We had a casualty though (the wife's car):

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

Trups
Trader (Expired)

Post by Trups » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:50 pm

Nice.

The demons are on :)
Phantom Black C6 RS6 - ex Classba battleship
Mugello C6 RS6 5.0 TFSi AVANT - Gone.

If you have any quieries for interior or exterior LED's then get in touch.

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:49 am

Donington's a great circuit. What happened to the golf?

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:31 am

Trups wrote:Nice.

The demons are on :)
Ha, trust you to notice! Believe it or not, I got told to turn my DRLs off for being too bright!? Odd.
marc1 wrote:Donington's a great circuit. What happened to the golf?
It was indeed! I'd do it again, but not with Javelin trackdays (too busy).

Copied and pasted from my post in the trackdays section:

"My Mrs' poor golf had to be recovered back to Sutton after my brother in law entered the chicane at an optimistic velocity, and Sir Isaac Newton intervened and told him he's not making the corner. There are particularly nasty sausage kerbs there...smacked the front left wheel pretty hard, and put a hole in the sump. Cheers bruv! I've got to say that the amount of help we got from other guys at the track was amazing and much appreciated. Recovery driver was excellent too."

New sump + gaskets + oil + oil filter = £250ish. Found a replacement 18" speedline wheel and part worn michelin on ebay for £112. Wheel alignment seemed ok, and no other damage noted, Not too bad, and should be back on the road today.

Just disappointed for bro-in-law as he didn't get to enjoy the day, and that I didn't get to play with the golf on track. :thumbsdown:

I see there is a bit of discussion on PH about those sausage kerbs; vicious.

Before it all went Pete Tong:

Damaged wheel:

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

Return to “Readers' Rides”