Faisal's RS4

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
FaisalJ
Cruising

Re: Faisal's RS4

Post by FaisalJ » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:17 am

You've got me worried now Niall!

They're ET51, so I'll utilise my humongous spacers on the car already, so will hopefully clear! Will try to get them on this week sometime and make sure.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:20 am

Lights look good mate. Do you have auto lights? If so, do they cause a dash error on start up in the dark? All Dectane's seem to have a figment issue with the inner light (boot lid). They don't have a U shape clamp at the end like the OEM lights do. I might see if I can get an addition bracket made up for them, as I like the lights, just not the fit. :cry:

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:41 am

Yep and yep. Auto lights, and they do sometimes throw an error on startup...easily cured by flicking the lights off and then back to auto. Doesn't seem to happen that often though.

Have you seen the new units dectane have for the B7? They say they'll have them in stock on the 16th October...I can't decide if they'll look awesome, or well, the opposite:

https://www.dectane.de/TAILLIGHTS/Taill ... dsbhpghlq4
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:45 am

Yep seen those. I have these at the moment:

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:31 am

marc1 wrote:Yep seen those. I have these at the moment:

I take it they dont do these for the saloon yet?
Current-saloon rs4,Full decat Xpipe miltek,cold air feed,BMC air filter, TTS supercharged, MRC stage 3 L/C F/S,hell s+s brake lines,AP racing rotors + vagbremtechnic bells, kw v3s clifford 650mk2

Gone-audi s3 8p stage2+ with loba lo400 turbo.

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:50 am

As far as I am aware they don't. Dectane never seem to make the same lights for saloons and avants. Not sure why they do this though.

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:05 pm

I like those Marc - I have Dectane rear and fit is no issue - I did bounce one set and the second set was much better.

I have no issue throwing a dash error even with auto lights. I know clearing the green OK at startup helps with my rear plate lights, but the Dectanes are fine...
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:38 pm

Good to know Neil, I'll put a separate thread in and post a picture of the fitment, etc. To be honest I remember the ones I had on the saloon (same as yours but smoked) being the same. For those saloon owners out there, I think Neil's LED's are the ones to go for.

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:41 pm

marc1 wrote:Good to know Neil, I'll put a separate thread in and post a picture of the fitment, etc. To be honest I remember the ones I had on the saloon (same as yours but smoked) being the same. For those saloon owners out there, I think Neil's LED's are the ones to go for.
Cheers Marc - yes, the smoked looked a bit wrong on my saloon, and the red crystal have a bot more of an OEM feel...
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

duggy72
1st Gear

Post by duggy72 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:47 pm

FaisalJ wrote:Thanks for the comments on the wheels! Docurley - You're right that they do these wheels in a lower offset, but I was told I had to go to the ET45 to get the caliper clearance (slightly less concave than the lower offset versions).

Wouldn't you know it, no sooner had they been fitted, my wife kerbed the 2 rears! One wheel on the very first time she drove the car. Aghghhhh!!! :cry:

Luckily they were very minor grazes and a mobile repair guy was able to repair them easily, painting only a very small section. I couldn't tell where he had done the repair, needed him to point it out to me.

On the same theme, got my original wheels back from lepsons. Happy with the colour and finish! It's the Audi L8AU (ala titanium finish), but a gloss rather than matt lacquer:

I'd like to do a trackday soon, so will put them on then, without spacers.

Next up, booked in for bumper respray next week, and planning to swap out the factory xenon bulbs for 6000K versions (thanks to Trups), and possibly paint the inside of the headlights black (although the bodyshop seem reluctant to do this).

I also need a trip to MRC soon, getting some judder on low load/slow acceleration. Currently solved by sticking it in sport and accelerating like I mean it :biggrin3:
Hi,

Can you let me know who the mobile repairer was please? Pm me if preferred.

Many thanks.Image

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:38 pm

I used a company called "wheel devil" based in Sutton, but I've since found "wheel doctor" (www.wheeldoctor.biz) based in Horley, who I'd say is even better.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant

duggy72
1st Gear

Post by duggy72 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:38 am

FaisalJ wrote:I used a company called "wheel devil" based in Sutton, but I've since found "wheel doctor" (http://www.wheeldoctor.biz) based in Horley, who I'd say is even better.
Thanks mate.Image

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:11 am

So I tried the speedlines on the car...and I'm not keen on how they look in grey! :bash:

Balls.

These things happen when making alterations to cars I guess, took a risk and it didn't work. Hopefully the wheel refurb guy will do me a good deal on re-doing them in silver! :boohoo:

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

Donovan
Neutral

Post by Donovan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:30 am

marc1 wrote:Yep seen those. I have these at the moment:

Thinking of getting a set of these for mine, how troublesome were they?
'06 RS4 B7 Avant - Mugello Blue

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:17 am

FaisalJ wrote:So I tried the speedlines on the car...and I'm not keen on how they look in grey! :bash:

Balls.

These things happen when making alterations to cars I guess, took a risk and it didn't work. Hopefully the wheel refurb guy will do me a good deal on re-doing them in silver! :boohoo:

Got a picture of the whole car with them fitted? At least they cleared the calipers, that could have been another headache.

Return to “Readers' Rides”