Faisal's RS4

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
docurley
5th Gear

Re: Faisal's RS4

Post by docurley » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:50 am

Love the wheels, I have been looking at these for some time it was the caliper clearance that bothered me and the spacers. I'm sure I have seen lower offset versions so you don't need such wide spacers but again I'm not sure if the concave will miss the calipers.
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:05 am

Thanks for the comments on the wheels! Docurley - You're right that they do these wheels in a lower offset, but I was told I had to go to the ET45 to get the caliper clearance (slightly less concave than the lower offset versions).

Wouldn't you know it, no sooner had they been fitted, my wife kerbed the 2 rears! One wheel on the very first time she drove the car. Aghghhhh!!! :cry:

Luckily they were very minor grazes and a mobile repair guy was able to repair them easily, painting only a very small section. I couldn't tell where he had done the repair, needed him to point it out to me.

On the same theme, got my original wheels back from lepsons. Happy with the colour and finish! It's the Audi L8AU (ala titanium finish), but a gloss rather than matt lacquer:

I'd like to do a trackday soon, so will put them on then, without spacers.

Next up, booked in for bumper respray next week, and planning to swap out the factory xenon bulbs for 6000K versions (thanks to Trups), and possibly paint the inside of the headlights black (although the bodyshop seem reluctant to do this).

I also need a trip to MRC soon, getting some judder on low load/slow acceleration. Currently solved by sticking it in sport and accelerating like I mean it :biggrin3:
Last edited by FaisalJ on Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:52 pm

new rims look great, sits well too, those rear tyres look close or is it the pic

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:24 am

Rick_RS4 wrote:new rims look great, sits well too, those rear tyres look close or is it the pic
Cheers Rick.

You're right, they were rubbing over big bumps and if I had rear passengers, only on the rear right though. I thought about changing the camber settings, but ended up going to 5mm smaller rear spacers and that cured it (cheers Virdee!). No rubbing at all now, which I'm pleased about at my ride height.

It's probably not conventional running slightly bigger spacers at the front than the rear. However; As standard the RS4 has a 37mm wider track at the front than a B7 A4, and 47mm wider at the rear (1559mm F and 1569mm R)...so mine is 55mm wider than an A4 all round (1577mm all round). Don't think I'll even notice it!
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:21 am

Need more pictures. :biggrin3:

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:24 pm

marc1 wrote:Need more pictures. :biggrin3:
Since you asked, i'll take any excuse....

Had the front bumper resprayed last week to get rid of stone chips, and treated the car to a snowfoam wash after just getting a lance and some Bilt Hamber snow foam. First time I've used snow foam, and I think I put too much water in the mix, but results were still great:

Post wash beadage:
IMG_0250.JPG
IMG_0251.JPG
Also had the standard xenon bulbs swapped out for some 6000K ones from Trups:

Working on some more plans on the headlights with Trups, waiting for some parts to arrive though. Will hopefully be making a trip over to see him in a couple of weeks.
Last edited by FaisalJ on Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:48 pm

I use the Valet Pro PH neutral snow foam. I do like Bilt Hamber for the wheels though. Bilt Hamber is fine stuff whatever product, in my books.

With a snow foam lance (mine is for a Karcher) the bottle on the lance should hold neat snow foam, and the lance using the pressure wash feed 'mixes' the required amount of foam depending on the dialled setting. Heavy dirt and I use a nice thick coat and let it 'dwell' for 3-5 mins before pressure rinsing. Gtechnic G-Wash follows that...

Looking good though Faisal ;)
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:58 pm

neilparf wrote:I use the Valet Pro PH neutral snow foam. I do like Bilt Hamber for the wheels though. Bilt Hamber is fine stuff whatever product, in my books.

With a snow foam lance (mine is for a Karcher) the bottle on the lance should hold neat snow foam, and the lance using the pressure wash feed 'mixes' the required amount of foam depending on the dialled setting. Heavy dirt and I use a nice thick coat and let it 'dwell' for 3-5 mins before pressure rinsing. Gtechnic G-Wash follows that...

If you have the autobrite snow foam lance then you have to use a lot less water than recommended to get a nice thick foam. Try filling to the bottom of the label (about 2 inches) with with snow foam (as recommended) but only fill with water up to half way.

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:13 pm

MikeFish wrote:
neilparf wrote:I use the Valet Pro PH neutral snow foam. I do like Bilt Hamber for the wheels though. Bilt Hamber is fine stuff whatever product, in my books.

If you have the autobrite snow foam lance then you have to use a lot less water than recommended to get a nice thick foam. Try filling to the bottom of the label (about 2 inches) with with snow foam (as recommended) but only fill with water up to half way.
I tried my bottle with water and foam mix, but it came out very weak. My lance has a dial on the neck in increments 1-6 for strength to add more or less water to the foam on the fly, so to speak.

Twisting the main body of the lance adjusts the ratio of product to water, altering the thickness of the foam created. The adjustable nozzle on the front of the lance allows the user to select either a horizontal or a vertical spray pattern: http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/ulti ... roved.aspx
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Foam baby!
Attachments
image.jpg

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:00 pm

Like the new wheels, they sit really nice with the stance you have.

Good choice with the OEM Titanium colour for the others as well, think I'll be doing the same on my Black one but will get the mirrors done at the same time.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:23 pm

Wow, that puts my foaming effort to shame!!

Thanks for the advice guys, will try neat snowfoam next time and adjust the lance and karcher settings.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant

RS6BRIT
3rd Gear

Post by RS6BRIT » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:02 pm

love snow foam !! I haven't a pic on the RS but here's one from a couple of years back...

she was red by the way !!

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:29 pm

FaisalJ wrote:Wow, that puts my foaming effort to shame!!

Thanks for the advice guys, will try neat snowfoam next time and adjust the lance and karcher settings.
That should do the trick...

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:41 am

Using neat will help but the Bilthamber Autofoam doesn't foam as much as the Valley Pro stuff Neil pictured. I've used both and prefer the performance of the Bilthamber, it's easy to fall into the placebo of thicker foam = better cleaning.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Return to “Readers' Rides”