Headlight love (upgrade)

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
docurley
5th Gear

Headlight love (upgrade)

Post by docurley » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:18 pm

Well Trup came round on Saturday to apply his latest RS4 upgrade to the projectors. The lenses come in plain and etched and the etching does not effect the output.

I measured the light output using a android app on my Samsung which was not calibrated in anyway so the readings as in figures should be ignored but the varrient is what we are looking at.

Stock showed 1990 lumens and Trup's showed 2300 lumens.
20150418_112827.jpg
Stock
20150418_124337.jpg
Trup doing his thing
20150418_132620.jpg
20150418_161200.jpg
20150418_161212.jpg
20150418_161234.jpg
Tuned in the car park
What was found is that I had two different bulbs in the car and the colour difference is now quite apparent with the new lenses.
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Re: Headlight love (upgrade)

Post by Rick_RS4 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:04 pm

these look awesome,

unfortunatly ive already swapped my lense tor the STI ones they are loads clearer,

i love the RS logo in then thats really trick.

how do i order some sidelight resistors please?

pixsaudisex2
2nd Gear

Post by pixsaudisex2 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:56 pm

Nice.. :rocker :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Trups
Trader (Expired)

Post by Trups » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:23 pm

Rick_RS4 wrote:these look awesome,

unfortunatly ive already swapped my lense tor the STI ones they are loads clearer,

i love the RS logo in then thats really trick.

how do i order some sidelight resistors please?
How much trimming to the frame or lens did you have to do the get the sti r ones on? I had a read that it's a lot more involved doing them.

You got a picture of your output?

Send me a pm for the sidelights and I can go through the order.

Thanks
Trups
Phantom Black C6 RS6 - ex Classba battleship
Mugello C6 RS6 5.0 TFSi AVANT - Gone.

If you have any quieries for interior or exterior LED's then get in touch.

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:49 pm

Looks good.

Trups
How much are you looking at for this set up? An what is includded or needed to get most out of it whilst doing the job.
Cheers
Current-saloon rs4,Full decat Xpipe miltek,cold air feed,BMC air filter, TTS supercharged, MRC stage 3 L/C F/S,hell s+s brake lines,AP racing rotors + vagbremtechnic bells, kw v3s clifford 650mk2

Gone-audi s3 8p stage2+ with loba lo400 turbo.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:57 pm

Lukes3 wrote:Looks good.

Trups
How much are you looking at for this set up? An what is includded or needed to get most out of it whilst doing the job.
Cheers

And how long does it take? And can you tint the insides while you have the headlights open?

Trups
Trader (Expired)

Post by Trups » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:14 pm

Trups
Cheers
So new bulbs and the lens, lens can be plain clear or etched, both give same 30% upwards of extra light, when working on them if you wanted to change the reflector bowls I also have brand new ones in stock, I would only supply this if your are burnt out via usage or if you have had any water damage as they are expensive for two small pieces of chrome.

Clear lens are £40
Clear etched are £75
New bulbs start from £50 upto £130 going for a more branded name upgrade such as the osram CBi and the Philips ultinon but all down to what colour you want it and personal preferences

Thanks
Trups

Trups
Trader (Expired)

Post by Trups » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:17 pm

MikeFish wrote:

Trups
Cheers

And how long does it take? And can you tint the insides while you have the headlights open?
if you wanted painting done depending on what it is, if its that trim at the front then I can pre paint a set as I have a few laying around, then if you wanted me to come fit it it would take a couple of hours, painting in advance will save a lot of time but I was only with doc for a couple of hours, no painting, just the lens swap and then had to find somewhere to align. as I have a separate D1s ballast i can power with a jump pack i managed to tune the sharpness and colourfull cutoff in his living room, if you can then its on the car in the evening before putting it back together.

Tuning is easy, there is a little screw on the projector, you turn it and see the difference and the sharpness will change.

Trups

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:29 pm

I just had Trups work on my lights a few days ago (see my thread for more info). He asked I post this pic here of the light output after the clear lens mod and 6000K morimoto bulbs. Took this on my way home on a pitch black country road.

I haven't doctored the image at all, it really is that bright! If anything the pic doesn't do the brightness justice. Even the Mrs noticed the lights were a lot brighter (that's saying something).

Well worth doing if you have your headlights open for painting etc.

:thumbs:

2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:31 pm

And I I've just ordered a set of bulbs and that evil eye kit you got. :thumbs:
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:09 pm

FaisalJ wrote:I just had Trups work on my lights a few days ago (see my thread for more info). He asked I post this pic here of the light output after the clear lens mod and 6000K morimoto bulbs. Took this on my way home on a pitch black country road.

I haven't doctored the image at all, it really is that bright! If anything the pic doesn't do the brightness justice. Even the Mrs noticed the lights were a lot brighter (that's saying something).

Well worth doing if you have your headlights open for painting etc.

:thumbs:

That's like the headlights on the first B6 S4 I owned back in 2003, definitely a great improvement over the B7 headlights.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:30 am

docurley wrote:And I I've just ordered a set of bulbs and that evil eye kit you got. :thumbs:
Haha!

I should be on commission.

Just be warned that the demon eyes aren't particularly bright. Still worth it as a bit of fun I reckon, and can be left turned off when you don't want to be all "look at me"!

Regarding the B6 S4, I had one of those too and I don't remember the headlights being as bright as mine are now. The B6 S4 xenons were similar to the B8 A4 I had, which were both better than the standard B7 RS4 lights...weird.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:39 pm

FaisalJ wrote:Regarding the B6 S4, I had one of those too and I don't remember the headlights being as bright as mine are now. The B6 S4 xenons were similar to the B8 A4 I had, which were both better than the standard B7 RS4 lights...weird.
I had two B6 S4s - an early 2003 one which had fantastic lights (that's the one I compared against) and a 2005 one which had lights that were not as good but still better than any B7.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

pcorpe
2nd Gear

Post by pcorpe » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:55 pm

Trups applied his knowledge to my headlights a while back, some painting, lens swap, and replacement. very pleased
Attachments
IMG_2427.JPG

RichieRS
4th Gear

Post by RichieRS » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:22 pm

Whats the cost of the "demon eye" kit Trups?

Is it a DIY job to fit?

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”