Used Car Dealers - Rant

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
FaisalJ
Cruising

Used Car Dealers - Rant

Post by FaisalJ » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:53 am

Sorry, a bit of a rant...

So as well as looking for an RS4, I'm looking for a 5dr golf gti DSG for the wife. In doing so, have had 3 bad experiences with used car dealers in just 4 days!! Is that a record?

Car 1 - Advertised as having an issue with the instrument cluster, otherwise good. Slowly over a series of conversations it emerges that there are actually a number of issues not mentioned initially, was painful getting info from them too. Final nail in the coffin though; the HPI check showed a rather large mileage discrepancy! Turns our the dealer advertised using the mileage at an MOT about 18 months ago. With the instrument cluster out of commission, a buyer who hadn't done a HPI check wouldn't notice. Persuaded them to change the mileage in the ad.

Car 2 - My perfect spec. Called up the dealer as soon as the ad was live, first person he spoke to about it. Offered a small holding deposit to secure first refusal. He declined the cash and said he would give me first refusal anyway, although I couldn't view till the following day. We make arrangements for a viewing. However, on the day of the viewing I can't get through to him (although he was easy to get hold of previously. ) Thought I'd try calling from my work phone instead, and he answers, and then hangs up on me! I gave it an hour and called again from my work blackberry this time, and just immediately ask is the golf gti sold? Yes. What a nob.

Car 3 - Went to see this one last night, cost me 2.5 hours. Dealer was asking a high price for this one as it was low mileage, one owner, decent spec, and "absolutely immaculate". He made a point about how clean the exterior was. I get there and it had large rusty stonechips, scratches and scuffs on most panels, really bad touch ups, a big patch of flaking paint on the rear bumper, and a smashed wing mirror housing. Immaculate my arse.

Aaaaghhh!!!!!

Woooo-sa
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

bam_bam
Cruising

Re: Used Car Dealers - Rant

Post by bam_bam » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:30 am

Wooooo-saaaaa.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Ozzyz
3rd Gear

Post by Ozzyz » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:51 am

:nodder:
Attachments
244dd78e28052d4292a272d48f022b8c.500x203x17.gif

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:00 am

Surprised? Not a jot

hvm5
Neutral

Post by hvm5 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:27 am

It's even as frustrating just browsing online, why can't dealers(even Audi dealers) list the correct spec of their cars???? It's a real pain looking through to find the exact spec.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... t/postcode

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:08 pm

dealers don't give a crap! all that matters to them is getting your hard earned cash asap!!!! regardless if its the top end or bottom end of car buying..they all thieving bar-stuarts!!! I learned that...if you buy a car with good service history and the owner had it for a while it says it all about owner and car and most times cant go wrong buying private...that's not to say you still got to do your homework..

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”