Stealers!

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Ianth
Neutral

Re: Stealers!

Post by Ianth » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:44 pm

R1RS4 wrote:
Ianth wrote:I do leave the handbrake off when I park it up,however that's just going to have the effect on the rear brakes,the ones causing my wobble are the front ones.
The pads was changed every time the discs have been changed.the callipers have been inspected and found to be ok.
The tech has felt the vibration,he acknowledges that there is a issue,he suspects that its high spots on the discs,when I asked what the run out on the discs are he didn't seem to understand what I meant.to be honest I have no faith in them,however for warranty purposes its all about procedures unfortunately.
I appreciate all this advise guys,thanks a lot.
Applying brakes before parking up foot pressure and hand brake, but if the discs show none of the making issues and still look new then that rules that out

Yes the discs still look as new,no obvious signs of any form of marking.the pads are as new,the callipers/slides etc all fine.
The last time they was changed it was noted that one of the discs had signs of blueing so the calliper and everything associated to that corner was thoroughly checked and all was ok.

R1RS4
5th Gear

Post by R1RS4 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:53 pm

Most of the tech's are fitters and not engineers, so they just follow a set of procedures and that's really what they get paid for, and from time to time you come across a tech that is up to the job and more, and it also depends on the experience at hand at the dealership, that's why members are always asking advice on where to take their pride and joy because so much depends on who working on it and how much they know.

Anyway digressing, stand firm just say the cars had 3 sets of discs and you have not got to the root cause of what's causing the judder, so if you don't know why should I ? Go talk to Audi UK and decide how your going to resolve the issue at Audi cost and call me when it's done, because I do not want to know the detail I just want to know it's been rectified. It's only a set of brakes!

Good luck
RS4 B7 Avant,2007
Metallic black, Black optics pack, Black gloss Wheels, Milltek black tipped -valved, MRC Installed TTS Supercharger 610ps/626nm, MRC stage 3 remap, CAF, DRC/SS+ with H&R spacers, carbon race splitter, carbon trim

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:55 pm

I went through 2 sets of discs on my b7, not once did I ever get wheel wobble in 60+k miles
Must be the driving style causing problems

R1RS4
5th Gear

Post by R1RS4 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:04 pm

RIV wrote:I went through 2 sets of discs on my b7, not once did I ever get wheel wobble in 60+k miles
You won't have a prob if you don't go over 50mph lol

Hi mate,

Are you going Sat ?
RS4 B7 Avant,2007
Metallic black, Black optics pack, Black gloss Wheels, Milltek black tipped -valved, MRC Installed TTS Supercharger 610ps/626nm, MRC stage 3 remap, CAF, DRC/SS+ with H&R spacers, carbon race splitter, carbon trim

Ianth
Neutral

Post by Ianth » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:09 pm

RIV wrote:I went through 2 sets of discs on my b7, not once did I ever get wheel wobble in 60+k miles
Well my driving style must be similair to the previous owners,he went through 3 sets in 5000 or so miles and I have just gone through a set in 1500 miles. :-)

Pistolpete2543
3rd Gear

Post by Pistolpete2543 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:35 pm

I'd be a bit concerned if one of the discs was showing signs of "blueing" as you say. This would indicate a sticking or seized caliper binding and causing heat. I've had this previously despite removing caliper and all seeming ok. And after a new set of discs and pads, the juddering quickly reappeared. Replaced the front calipers and have been perfect since (not on my RS4 but happened on my Mk5 Golf GTi and wife's X3). So now I no longer wash car if it's going to be parked up for a few days as this was most likely the cause of the calipers sticking.

Ianth
Neutral

Post by Ianth » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:46 am

Personaly I haven't seen any bluing,the previous owner told me that's what he was told by Audi slough,so I take that with a pinch of salt as they don't even recognise wet drc shockers on a service.lol

Ianth
Neutral

Post by Ianth » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:00 pm

Just looking through all my paperwork and something else has occurred to me.it was motd on 16/01/15 at a mileage of 21293.it was serviced and the brakes replaced on 29/01/15 and the mileage was 21303,now after reading all the threads on brakes I gather the official bedding in process of the discs/pads takes 75-80 mile.
Confused now as to how the master tech has managed to do this in less than ten miles,unless of course he didnt but gets paid for saying he did,of course that kind of thing doesn't happen so maybe there is another explanation,no doubt I will get one from the Audi official get out of a warranty check list.

Incidentaly does anyone know when the mileage is logged on service repairs at stealers?
I assume the jobs are done then the time/work sheet filled out along with the current (at that time mileage),then passed along to accounts etc to make the bill up.

Ianth
Neutral

Post by Ianth » Tue May 19, 2015 3:33 pm

Just a quick update on this.audi uk got back to me and basicaly said go f##k yourself.they had been in touch with Audi slough who are adamant that they was bedded in correctly even though I can actualy prove they did no more than 2 miles whilst in there possession and as bolton Audi are saying the cause of the judder was incorrect bedding in there's nothing more i can do.the parts aren't faulty its the fitting that's faulty and as they was fitted foc to someone else I don't have a contract with them so legally there is nothing I can do about it.
Morally they are a shower of c###s but nothing new there!

nastro azzurro
3rd Gear

Post by nastro azzurro » Tue May 19, 2015 4:47 pm

I took my brand new ( picked it up Friday ) rs4 in today as the steering wheel is slightly out of alignment; sits a little to the right @ straight ahead.
I waited 2 hrs for it. Ok though, leisurely read of the papers and a couple of ( rather nice ) coffees.
Anyway got it back and was told that it was adjusted ever so slightly. I said that's fine as it only needed a tiny adjustment.
Drove it home.
Within 100 yards I knew it was exactly the same. Didn't have time to take it straight back so I called the service dept this afternoon.
And you can guess what they said can't you. 'we spent 2 hours on it and couldn't find anything wrong with it' and 'can you come in and go for a road test with a tech ?'
'But you said you had adjusted it' no response to that was there!
So I have to waste some more of time now :audibash:

SuprSi
5th Gear

Post by SuprSi » Tue May 19, 2015 4:58 pm

This is an amazing show of incompetence.

I almost guarantee you that the hub isn't quite running true, same as my RS6. My advice is forget Audi for the moment as they are only causing stress and wasting time. Find a good garage that can skim your discs while on the car, this means even if the hub isn't quite running true the surface of the disc will be.

Mine was doing the same, every set of discs was juddering with light braking at high speed, and it was getting expensive. Just had my front discs skimmed (£40 per disc) and they're silky smooth now. The only bad thing is that when the discs are replaced they will start juddering again so I guess the permanent fix would be to have the hub itself replaced if that is definitely the cause.

It would be nice if they had the sense to put a run-out gauge on it and check it properly instead of just replacing the discs repeatedly. Bunch of idiots.
2003 C5 RS6 Avant Daytona Grey

Boggle73
4th Gear

Post by Boggle73 » Wed May 20, 2015 6:54 pm

Tough luck buddy, dealers seem terrible at the moment.
I've been without my RS4 Cab for 4 weeks now.
Went in with an alarm problem and has been there since. Car is under warranty and to be fair all stuff being done is covered.
Problem is, I called up 2 weeks ago for an update. They told me that it needed a new convenience ecu.
Anyway, last week I passed dealer every evening on the way home. The car had not even moved a wheel, and it's pretty hard there to get the same parking space twice. After being very patient, I called yesterday. I was told that Audi Germany were having to write a program for the car, as new ecu would not talk to all the gadgets in the car. This would be a bespoke thing that could take a while. What a load of bollocks, basically they are too busy to do the work of paying customers. I have complained about the courtesy car (1.6 s tronic A3) and now they have given me an A6 2.0 tdi.
I'm just sick of the lies, why can't we just get a straight answer?
Past - B7 RS4 Cabriolet - Silver - Resonated Valved Milltek
Past - TTRS - Suzuka Grey
Past - RS4 Cabriolet - Phantom Black

( I know what your all thinking, but I'm not )

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Wed May 20, 2015 7:01 pm

Boggle73 wrote:I'm just sick of the lies, why can't we just get a straight answer?
Because Audi's sales figures are up despite the appalling "customer service" from many of their dealers, so they don't see the need to spend on improving or even maintaining levels of "customer service".

IMHO it's a short term view that will backfire once the new-to-Audi owners experience the dreadful customer service for themselves. Audi need to re-learn the lesson that great customer service makes customers keep coming back.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Wed May 20, 2015 9:03 pm

It's an industry problem

stu
5th Gear

Post by stu » Fri May 22, 2015 2:08 am

I can guarantee you that unless your tech went out in the middle the night and drove your car for nearly eighty miles, your tech didn't bed in your discs as per official Audi protocol. I did it a few times before my ceramics.
Here is me bedding in my discs: http://tinyurl.com/puvow2u
Here is the offical protocol: http://tinyurl.com/oncsug9
Ignore the calories burned on the screen grab! I used Runkeeper on my phone to log the route and to prove my point to Audi. Quite accurately, with all the accelerations/decelerations, although without zooming in a out it's hard to see. I put the phone in the car to track them while they tried/lied/failed to bed in the discs themselves on a busy weekday morning. Muppets.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”