I said i wouldn't mod!

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Dallas83
2nd Gear

I said i wouldn't mod!

Post by Dallas83 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:49 pm

I've had various different sports cars over the last few years and the RS4 was always one that i never purchased, but always wanted. I was in the market for a new RS6, but in the end just couldn't justify the amount of money that i was going to spend (especially with a wedding at the end of the year!) and just thought why not just buy the RS4 outright instead of having a PCP deal hanging over my head with a final payment at the end.

I can assure you that this option to buy the RS4 was far more acceptable from the better half and i am now in the good books , but that could change once i start modifying :lol: . Bless her, i think i've bought about 6 cars in the last 2 years so i think i'm needing to keep this one and stay off auto trader or piston heads when i come home from work. She says that if there was an illness like alcoholism , but for buying cars then i'd definitly have it :lol: !

I searched for a while and found a great 35k mile example in yellow (Yes, Yellow!) which i'll make the painful 8 hour drive to collect next week (I am however looking forward to the drive back :mrgreen: with my eyes pealed for cameras :shock: ) !

I said before making my mind up on this example that i wasn't going to modify it in any way and was going to keep it as original as possible , but after reading thread after thread about modifications i find myself now with a list of my own:

- Carbon Air Induction[/b][/b] from Revolution
- Change silver trim all black or change the grill back to silver trim (not quite sure why the grill is black tbh?)
- Steering wheel trimmed in Alcantara with yellow stitching from Royal Steering Wheels
- 20" V Spoke RS4 wheels from Revolution
- Spacers (if i don't go down the route of 20" wheels)
- Exhaust (Stock w/Piggies , Full Cat-back, Straight pipe), i have no idea as i just can't decide without really hearing in person. I don't want to spend an absolute bomb on a full system, so was thinking maybe Straight pipe would work. Anyone have a stock system with this ?
- Remap (after exhaust decision has been made) from MRC
Suspension - I will have the SS+ on mine , so won't be able to decide on that until i get a proper drive in it, but if its too high for my liking i'll probably want to change it to coilovers

My question to everyone else on here is if you could pick one modification that you did that made a massive difference then what would that be?

Obviously each to there own , but i'm intrigued to see what everyones favourite and best one is.

Sorry for the long winded thread to get to the point, just rather excited to collect her now :biggrin3:

Cheers
Michael (aka Dallas)
Current Cars:

- B7 RS4 (Imola Yellow) - SOLD

- 2013' BMW X5 (White) - NEARLY SOLD

- 2016 RS6 C7 (Exclusive Paint: Porsche Voodoo Blue) - NEARLY HERE

toyneg
5th Gear

Re: I said i wouldn't mod!

Post by toyneg » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:59 pm

I'm happy to say all the mods I done to mine I have been more than happy with. if i had to pick one then it would be the Milltek :)
Glacier White 2017 S3 Saloon with all the Tech.
Gone but not forgotten - B7 RS4 Saloon Black - H&R spacers, Tints, Gun Metal Alloys, MRC Stage 2, Pre Cats, Milltek Non Res, K/W Springs, MRC Full Carbon clean - 431ps
previous - B6 A4 1.8T S-Line 215PS

R1RS4
5th Gear

Post by R1RS4 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:33 pm

Nice colour, be good to see the photos

My advice on the exhaust and revolution intake, do not buy anything until you have decided and listen to the set you want, save yourself £'s

It makes a big difference if you driving the car every day verses a Sunday car, ie revo,non res great sound but a bit much for a daily drive (drone) but great weekend car

I won't mention my best addition

Good luck with your project,
RS4 B7 Avant,2007
Metallic black, Black optics pack, Black gloss Wheels, Milltek black tipped -valved, MRC Installed TTS Supercharger 610ps/626nm, MRC stage 3 remap, CAF, DRC/SS+ with H&R spacers, carbon race splitter, carbon trim

Dallas83
2nd Gear

Post by Dallas83 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:41 pm

R1RS4 wrote:Nice colour, be good to see the photos

My advice on the exhaust and revolution intake, do not buy anything until you have decided and listen to the set you want, save yourself £'s

It makes a big difference if you driving the car every day verses a Sunday car, ie revo,non res great sound but a bit much for a daily drive (drone) but great weekend car

Thanks for the advice mate. Yes i can imagine your best addition would also be mine if i could bring myself to do that kind of money down. If i truly feel as though i'm going to keep the car for some time then i may consider :biggrin3:

Would be good to know what sort of money we are talking for the supercharger (that whine is so addictive to listen to :notworthy: ) !

Will get some pics up next week as soon as i collect her on Monday...
Current Cars:

- B7 RS4 (Imola Yellow) - SOLD

- 2013' BMW X5 (White) - NEARLY SOLD

- 2016 RS6 C7 (Exclusive Paint: Porsche Voodoo Blue) - NEARLY HERE

R1RS4
5th Gear

Post by R1RS4 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:55 pm

Dallas83 wrote:
R1RS4 wrote:Nice colour, be good to see the photos

Thanks for the advice mate. Yes i can imagine your best addition would also be mine if i could bring myself to do that kind of money down. If i truly feel as though i'm going to keep the car for some time then i may consider :biggrin3:

Would be good to know what sort of money we are talking for the supercharger (that whine is so addictive to listen to :notworthy: ) !

Will get some pics up next week as soon as i collect her on Monday...
Hi mate,

The whine only comes from the roots style chargers (Mad Max) with gears, the TTS is a centrifugal supercharger, it's a blower style, nice and quite under normal conditions until the revs go above 3500 :biggrin3:

Price is dependant on the company and the deal you can obtain at the time of purchase, if you look on Flea bay that would give you a base price

Good luck
RS4 B7 Avant,2007
Metallic black, Black optics pack, Black gloss Wheels, Milltek black tipped -valved, MRC Installed TTS Supercharger 610ps/626nm, MRC stage 3 remap, CAF, DRC/SS+ with H&R spacers, carbon race splitter, carbon trim

rwilsonrs4
4th Gear

Post by rwilsonrs4 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:34 pm

https://www.facebook.com/andrew.breakel ... 417423322/
my rootes m112 charger with factory airbox , with the intake trunk removed its just too much lol, like an RAF typhoon , love the whine :bigblink:
Phantom black saloon ,PES M112 Supercharged 520ps/595nm K&N filter, 100 cell milltek cats,res valved milltek system. 8 and 10mm H&R spacers.H&R roll bars, "smoke chrome " alloy refurb. JHM Quickshifter, Bilstein B16 coilovers , uprated diff mount ,50/50 devils own WM kit so 1.4 litres/min in intake approx 10% more power and torque
1/4 mile 12.01 secs 123.5mph

R1RS4
5th Gear

Post by R1RS4 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:40 pm

rwilsonrs4 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/andrew.breakel ... 417423322/
my rootes m112 charger with factory airbox , with the intake trunk removed its just too much lol, like an RAF typhoon , love the whine :bigblink:

Mate that sounds the biz, I always said Mad Max would return in a B7 :blackrs4: :biggrin3: :FIREdevil:
RS4 B7 Avant,2007

R1RS4
5th Gear

Post by R1RS4 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:42 pm

rwilsonrs4 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/andrew.breakel ... 417423322/
Have you done any 3k to 8k times?
RS4 B7 Avant,2007

rwilsonrs4
4th Gear

Post by rwilsonrs4 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:08 pm

i did but i cant remember exactly , but it was around 6.5 secs on the dash timer , i need to use VCDS to do it accurately , there is nothin in it between this and the TTS until over 100 mph , the Rootes has totally differnt power delivery , mine was on a car that had a TTS kit fitted after and i have the dyno plots from MRC who mapped both on the same dyno and the plots are quite interesting , mine makes more power and a lot more torque until 5500 rpm then the TTS takes over.I would probably still opt for a rootes type ,maybe the APR TVS 1740 which is bigger and 2 generations newer than mine which is a bit outdated and is inneficient at high revs due to the 8300 rpm engine speed (that chargers are limited to 17000 rpm )so its underdriven to keep it safe and runs 7psi boost ,the TTS runs 12 iirc , but i still love it , turns heads everywhere ,that video was a 3rd gear pull from 50 mph to the limiter slightly uphill
Btw It has a full miltek, DP single 100 cell race cats which pass MOT no bother resonated center section and valved rear , Sport was on in the vid so valves open
Phantom black saloon ,PES M112 Supercharged 520ps/595nm K&N filter, 100 cell milltek cats,res valved milltek system. 8 and 10mm H&R spacers.H&R roll bars, "smoke chrome " alloy refurb. JHM Quickshifter, Bilstein B16 coilovers , uprated diff mount ,50/50 devils own WM kit so 1.4 litres/min in intake approx 10% more power and torque
1/4 mile 12.01 secs 123.5mph

R1RS4
5th Gear

Post by R1RS4 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:44 am

rwilsonrs4 wrote:i did but i cant remember exactly , but it was around 6.5 secs on the dash timer , i need to use VCDS to do it accurately , there is nothin in it between this and the TTS until over 100 mph , the Rootes has totally differnt power delivery , mine was on a car that had a TTS kit fitted after and i have the dyno plots from MRC who mapped both on the same dyno and the plots are quite interesting , mine makes more power and a lot more torque until 5500 rpm then the TTS takes over.I would probably still opt for a rootes type ,maybe the APR TVS 1740 which is bigger and 2 generations newer than mine which is a bit outdated and is inneficient at high revs due to the 8300 rpm engine speed (that chargers are limited to 17000 rpm )so its underdriven to keep it safe and runs 7psi boost ,the TTS runs 12 iirc , but i still love it , turns heads everywhere ,that video was a 3rd gear pull from 50 mph to the limiter slightly uphill
Btw It has a full miltek, DP single 100 cell race cats which pass MOT no bother resonated center section and valved rear , Sport was on in the vid so valves open

Over the coming weeks I will set up video doing my best time, will let you know cheers
RS4 B7 Avant,2007

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”