Made a booboo... cheap fix?

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
CharlieD
2nd Gear

Made a booboo... cheap fix?

Post by CharlieD » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:49 am

So whilst rushing around prepping my car for a show, like a complete idiot I accidentally ran over my outdoor power reel and damaged my front wheel spoiler... :bash:

Also apologies for the vertical vid

Clearly my undertray is broken and I've already ordered a new one from this listing: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201276104986

Wanted to ask a couple of things:
1) Is the front wheel spoiler part different for the RS4 vs regular A4? Anyone happen to know a part number so I can order a replacement?
2) You'll see at the 10 second mark in the video that the screw fixing into the front bumper (or perhaps a wing panel brace?) looks like it has become detached (assuming it was attached to the bumper there to start with). From the video does it look like I will need another part? I'm praying the bumper is ok :cry:

So angry at myself :drink: :knob:
RS4 B7 Phantom Black Saloon
[ MRC Stage 2 Map w/ LC/FS @ 440 PS ] : [ TubiStyle Exhaust ] : [ Milltek Decat Downpipes ] : [ Deflapped Manifold ] : [ Cold Air Feed ] : [ Revo/Pipercross CF Induction ] : [ H&R ARBs Front+Rear ]
[
Forged Rotor RS5.0 OEM+ 20x10.5 ] : [ AccuAir Airlift Performance + e-Level Mgmt ] : [ Wrapped in 3M Black Rose ]

Build Thread

Ranger Rico
2nd Gear

Re: Made a booboo... cheap fix?

Post by Ranger Rico » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:44 pm

I don't think that's the correct undertray dude, there are no brake cooling duct holes
image.jpg

CharlieD
2nd Gear

Post by CharlieD » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:33 pm

Ah balls, you're right. Time to cancel the order!!
RS4 B7 Phantom Black Saloon
[ MRC Stage 2 Map w/ LC/FS @ 440 PS ] : [ TubiStyle Exhaust ] : [ Milltek Decat Downpipes ] : [ Deflapped Manifold ] : [ Cold Air Feed ] : [ Revo/Pipercross CF Induction ] : [ H&R ARBs Front+Rear ]
[
Forged Rotor RS5.0 OEM+ 20x10.5 ] : [ AccuAir Airlift Performance + e-Level Mgmt ] : [ Wrapped in 3M Black Rose ]

Build Thread

flylife2k
1st Gear

Post by flylife2k » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:52 pm

Was just going to say the same, RS4 has 5 colling ducts. I also broke my wheel spoiler a few months back and got another from Audi, can't remember how much but was cheap. Im out of country at moment but can get you part number when im back in a few days - alternatively you could just speak to Audi and they will locate it for you, simple to replace.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”