Wanted - RS4 B7

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
neilparf
Cruising

Re: Wanted - RS4 B7

Post by neilparf » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:03 pm

Blake-O wrote: Keep the RS4 and Drive it: Sure, you may encounter some large repair bills from time to time, but car ownership costs you either way. I'd rather reinvest in my RS4, than lose the money via depreciation (the RS4 is depreciating at a much slower rate than a new car and I do think the price will hit a certain mark and not go any lower). At least I get something back for my money when I reinvest in my RS4. And, there is not another car that really interests me anyway. I'm going to drive the RS4 for many years to come. I plan on putting 200,000+ miles on her. Enjoy life while you can. Life is too short to drive a boring car or worry about putting miles on a car.
This.
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:57 pm

neilparf wrote:
Blake-O wrote: Keep the RS4 and Drive it: Sure, you may encounter some large repair bills from time to time, but car ownership costs you either way. I'd rather reinvest in my RS4, than lose the money via depreciation (the RS4 is depreciating at a much slower rate than a new car and I do think the price will hit a certain mark and not go any lower). At least I get something back for my money when I reinvest in my RS4. And, there is not another car that really interests me anyway. I'm going to drive the RS4 for many years to come. I plan on putting 200,000+ miles on her. Enjoy life while you can. Life is too short to drive a boring car or worry about putting miles on a car.
This.
+2

I'm going to own and drive my RS4 until either it disintegrates or it bankrupts me.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Or run a daily. :thumbs:

P_Dave, you had a C1/107/Fabia for a while? Our family A3 is at 110k now, people might take the piss, but I still love driving it, hard to believe its ten years old in September, keeping an eye on its replacement prices on Audi Approved, nice Monsoon grey @ Grimsby.....

Sam, I take it you don't still have two RS4s then.....

:sekret:
B5 B6 B7 B9

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:14 pm

Jules Loose is selling his. You won't find a better one than Jules' RS4.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

gt2
3rd Gear

Post by gt2 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:34 pm

Covkiller wrote:Jules Loose is selling his. You won't find a better one than Jules' RS4.
Cheap as chips too no doubt ha

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:09 pm

Ian_C wrote: Sam, I take it you don't still have two RS4s then.....

No, I still have the black one as well but that's on 62k and not quite as well spec'd as the blue one whose keys I'd reach for first.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:21 am

Surrey Sam wrote:

No, I still have the black one as well but that's on 62k and not quite as well spec'd as the blue one whose keys I'd reach for first.
What's your plans for the black one then Sam? I thought you were just buying it for the ceramics, but it's been with you a while now. Do you just like having two RS4's to choose from so you can match the best one to your suit, etc? :lol:

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:46 am

Surrey Sam wrote:

Well there you go then - keep the Sprint one pristine and rack up the miles in the 'donor' Phantom car. :thumbs:
B5 B6 B7 B9

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:30 am

marc1 wrote:What's your plans for the black one then Sam? I thought you were just buying it for the ceramics, but it's been with you a while now. Do you just like having two RS4's to choose from so you can match the best one to your suit, etc? :lol:
Yeah it has been a while since I got it, to be honest I was never in a hurry to turn it around with the solid residuals they have. It needed a number of little bits sorting on it before I felt comfortable selling it; so I've just been tinkering around with those, as and when I have the free time.

Ian_C wrote: Well there you go then - keep the Sprint one pristine and rack up the miles in the 'donor' Phantom car. :thumbs:
A little over indulgent having two on a permanent basis :D

Also with time, having a fantastic car as a daily driver makes the car numb in the end. You just get use to it and the specialness becomes weaker when you go drive it. I can't afford anything exotic for the weekend, so I'd rather have something a little more mundane for the mileage work. Anyway, it's a lucky conundrum to have :thumbs:
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:08 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:
Ian_C wrote: Well there you go then - keep the Sprint one pristine and rack up the miles in the 'donor' Phantom car. :thumbs:
A little over indulgent having two on a permanent basis :D

Also with time, having a fantastic car as a daily driver makes the car numb in the end. You just get use to it and the specialness becomes weaker when you go drive it. I can't afford anything exotic for the weekend, so I'd rather have something a little more mundane for the mileage work. Anyway, it's a lucky conundrum to have :thumbs:
I agree, I never used the S4 weekdays, found it so frustrating sat in traffic, almost wasteful. My 5pm commute home is faster by bicycle no matter how fast your car! There were times when I wouldn't drive it for a week or two, and you forget how explosive the V8 is when you open it up at the NSL signs leaving town. Definitely made me appreciate it more and kept it feeling 'special' etc

DK will disagree, but there are plenty of four pot diesels out there nowdays that are fast enough and have enough toys to keep you comfortable. Good choice of new shape Sept 2012 '62' onwards A3 2.0 TDi Sport for 14,000-15,000. Cruise and SD Navigation easily retrofitted etc. £20 a year tax and 60 mpg vs £495 (ish) and 20 mpg etc
B5 B6 B7 B9

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:26 pm

Sorry Ian, I have to disagree

A 4pot diesel is hateful

And a cardboard A3 diesel is worse than jumping off the top of a building

A silky V6 diesel is where it's at.

Done 14k in my XF S and still love it to bits for a DD.

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:37 pm

Hahaha I know you have a hatred of four pot tractors. How many miles did you rack up in that Freelander?! :shock:

I wouldn't *quite* say driving a current shape A3 Sport (in a decent spec) is worse than jumping off the top of a building though....

XF 3.0 diesel with a huge torque is a damn nice daily, no contest! 8)
B5 B6 B7 B9

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:08 pm

I've got my sisters Q5 170PS 2.0TDI quattro on my drive as I'm selling it now she picked up her Evoque and honest to god it is hateful!!!

Missus drove it and commented it was a tractor

The torque band is so narrow

And don't get me started on the exterior and interior looks

The Jaaaaaaag does spoil you when it comes to pure comfort and luxury

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:18 pm

Imagine SQ5 would be nice to live with, but generally not a fan of the Q3 Q5. Had a Q3 2.0 TDI as a loaner this time last year, didn't even have quattro, didn't even realise you could buy a Q3 without! S4 was kept in overnight for service, have never been so glad to get my car back!

Imagine for long distance the Jag is superb
B5 B6 B7 B9

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:35 pm

Q5 is very average and the Q3 awful, the 2.2 SD4 in the Evoque is not too bad when mated to the later 9 speed box. BMW probably make the best 4pot diesels though but even those are not that inspiring.

V-engines are where it's at; the Porsche V6 diesel in the Macan is a lovely package. Not driven a JLR V6 diesel, need to buy some slippers first :lol:

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”