My n/s/r door wont open

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
denboy1
2nd Gear

My n/s/r door wont open

Post by denboy1 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:07 pm

Happened this weekend, will not unlock by key fob OR from handle inside. Can't work it out. :?
MRC STAGE 2 RE-MAP

Harris.
4th Gear

Re: My n/s/r door wont open

Post by Harris. » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:39 am

My old A4 did this , so I took it to Audi and the guy in the service yard thumped the door next to the handle and it stated working !!!! Weird I know

denboy1
2nd Gear

Post by denboy1 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:16 am

Harris. wrote:My old A4 did this , so I took it to Audi and the guy in the service yard thumped the door next to the handle and it stated working !!!! Weird I know

Lol, i'll give it a go, not very hopeful though.
MRC STAGE 2 RE-MAP

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:42 pm

It could be one of two things and one being the rod that pulls the door handle which can become unlatched if it's been off before and not fitted correctly the other is the solenoid if that's what they call it on our cars; either way to get to it all till mean trashing the door card to get to it.
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:06 pm

It could be the lock microswitch that has jammed/gone. New lock which is an expensive pain or this: http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/show ... G-vehicles

Godo luck!
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:32 pm

I have a couple of rear doors and parts hanging around so if you need something I'm sure I will have it but no door cards I'm afraid, need a drivers door card myself.
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

denboy1
2nd Gear

Post by denboy1 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:44 pm

If I lower n/s/r window, is there any way I could stick something like a coat hanger etc in the gap and pull the rod to get it open?
MRC STAGE 2 RE-MAP

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:02 pm

denboy1 wrote:If I lower n/s/r window, is there any way I could stick something like a coat hanger etc in the gap and pull the rod to get it open?
possible...... yes maybe, I would popthe other door card off to see if there is a way.

denboy1
2nd Gear

Post by denboy1 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:16 pm

docurley wrote:
denboy1 wrote:If I lower n/s/r window, is there any way I could stick something like a coat hanger etc in the gap and pull the rod to get it open?
possible...... yes maybe, I would pop the other door card off to see if there is a way.

Good idea. :wink:
MRC STAGE 2 RE-MAP

Cabar Feidh
1st Gear

Post by Cabar Feidh » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:17 pm

I had the same problem with my drivers door. Put it into Aberdeen Audi and they had it for 2 1/2 days until I got it back with a bill for £750! It was the deadlock motor that had failed and they had to wreck the door card to get it open before the could fix it. Would have been another £300 if I'd let them replace the carbon fibre trim which they slightly marked as well. Can't really see it unless you know where it is so didn't get it done. Probably be slightly less for a rear card but getting a 2nd hand one in advance would be beneficial. I did manage to get a free service after I KUF with Customer Services and wrote to the MD. There's some more detailed posts if you search for them.

Mike

denboy1
2nd Gear

Post by denboy1 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:34 pm

Cabar Feidh wrote:I had the same problem with my drivers door. Put it into Aberdeen Audi and they had it for 2 1/2 days until I got it back with a bill for £750! It was the deadlock motor that had failed and they had to wreck the door card to get it open before the could fix it. Would have been another £300 if I'd let them replace the carbon fibre trim which they slightly marked as well. Can't really see it unless you know where it is so didn't get it done. Probably be slightly less for a rear card but getting a 2nd hand one in advance would be beneficial. I did manage to get a free service after I KUF with Customer Services and wrote to the MD. There's some more detailed posts if you search for them.

Mike

Cheers Fella, £750 seems well steep, if it comes to it, i'll try the door card first, failing that , i'll just leave it for now...............................or sell it. :lol:
MRC STAGE 2 RE-MAP

Grandadg90
3rd Gear

Post by Grandadg90 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:24 pm

The locking of the door and the electric window is controlled by a control module located in the rear door. If the module fails, you cant open the rear door or lower the window.

Check with Audi for prices of the module.
Daytona Grey, Bilstein Coilovers, Pre-cat delete, Centre resonator delete, IM flaps/vains delete, Interior/Exterior LED kit, CAI, Black Optics.
Other car: Bread Van

denboy1
2nd Gear

Post by denboy1 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:33 pm

Grandadg90 wrote:The locking of the door and the electric window is controlled by a control module located in the rear door. If the module fails, you cant open the rear door or lower the window.

Check with Audi for prices of the module.
Window goes up and down fine.
MRC STAGE 2 RE-MAP

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”