front bumper

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
kev4
Neutral

front bumper

Post by kev4 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:11 pm

First of all i would like to say thanks to this forum for information involving rear parking sensors and the removal of the back bumper.

This is the first big job that i have ever done on a car and all the info in here helped to make it a sucessfull job, me being a complete novice on car maintenance.

I searched on the forum for removal of the front bumper, and a couple of links came up for audizine .com which are a very good step by step guide, are they the same for rs4 as they are for a4/s4? are there any other little screws/fittings/elec connectors/etc that are specific to the rs4 which i need to know about before i start removing the bumper using this guide, as i have found one of the front parking sensors has failed as well, thats the reason iam removing the bumper.

I have elsawin cd manual but i can't seem to follow that very well.

Thanks in advance,
Kev.

docurley
5th Gear

Re: front bumper

Post by docurley » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:24 pm

Yeap they are the same just a different looking bumper that's all.
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:29 pm

If you are taking the bumper off to do the lights then you don't need to fully remove it, just tilt it forward so you can remove the lights I leave the middle front sump guard screws in when just doing the lights makes it a lot easier to do.
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

kev4
Neutral

Post by kev4 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:10 pm

Thats good news, i will just follow that linkfor bumper removal.

cheers :beerchug:

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”