Stage 2 Temptation

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Deano_123
3rd Gear

Re: Stage 2 Temptation

Post by Deano_123 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:43 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Deano_123 wrote:Anyone know what MRC's current wait time is? I'll be calling them tomorow to book mine in.

Can the standard backboxes be retained at stage 2 or are they a restriction?
The standard exhaust is pretty good hence why people don't get much more power by changing them. A full 2.75" type system will bring the most gains but it is unlikely you will see anything other than minimal gains from back boxes alone.
If you want car remapped and it is standard then you'll have the stage 1. If you have any mods then it's a tailor made stage 2 map but standard exhaust is fine.
I have the revolution intake and non-res pipes/ tubi backbox but want to put the standard boxes on with the non-res pipe. Will get going CAF, manifold deflap, decoke and remap at MRC just need to sort out when as I'm not in country for much time

neilparf
Cruising

Re: Stage 2 Temptation

Post by neilparf » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:38 am

MikeFish wrote:I do love the sound of the JC weldfab though after hearing Nick's at the Midlands meet!!
I heard Nick's at the ADi last year - his race cats give it a different veneer to mine running Auid 200 Cel's - either way, they sound epic!
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”