Audi Dealership Labour Cost... wow

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
R1RS4
5th Gear

Re: Audi Dealership Labour Cost... wow

Post by R1RS4 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:38 pm

+1 FASH

Don't quite understand why people accept what Audi tell them first time round, go armed with the local price to do oil change filter etc

I always found that they will match it or even improve it

I use Audi Camberley and found them reasonable for a main dealer

Last visit £50 to sort out TPMS fault, got the use of an A6 for the day, nice clean and vacuumed car to collect - an parked in its own bay - result
RS4 B7 Avant,2007
Metallic black, Black optics pack, Black gloss Wheels, Milltek black tipped -valved, MRC Installed TTS Supercharger 610ps/626nm, MRC stage 3 remap, CAF, DRC/SS+ with H&R spacers, carbon race splitter, carbon trim

mustdash
3rd Gear

Post by mustdash » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:44 pm

I tried that ^^ but was told "ah, they won't be using genuine Audi parts, so we won't match it"..... I gave up trying to tell them that they do use genuine Audi parts.
CURRENT: Montecarlo Blue Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifolglio, 2.9ltr bi-turbo, 510bhp
PREVIOUS: Volvo V60 Polestar, build number 149/700 worldwide - 3ltr straight 6 turbo. 350bhp remapped to 400bhp. Only one of 120 in the UK
PREVIOUS: Misano red B7 saloon, stage 2 map to 425bhp, manifold flap delete, KW V3 coilovers.

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:32 pm

I apoligise thought it was 11ltrs of oil.

TonyHayers
5th Gear

Post by TonyHayers » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:36 pm

ChrisW wrote:The net gain in sale price for having dealer stamps would be eaten up by their labour costs.
Hehe, yeah!
06 Phantom Black Saloon:
DONE: Water Meth Injection, Carbon clean at 64k, CAI, Gutted Precats, Non-res x-pipe, H&R 8mm spacers, H&R springs
^ GONE :cry:

TonyHayers
5th Gear

Post by TonyHayers » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:41 pm

My experience of main dealers is so terrible I wouldn't use them if it was half the cost of an independent tbh.

Ah, remembering the day when Audi Bradford left my DRC valves locked off and handed the car back.
06 Phantom Black Saloon:
DONE: Water Meth Injection, Carbon clean at 64k, CAI, Gutted Precats, Non-res x-pipe, H&R 8mm spacers, H&R springs

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:33 pm

My mot due sept.and i knew drc pipes were corroded and was a advisory so was expecting a nice bill this year to replace.took car in about 2months ago because the flexi pipe on drc was leaking.when they tried to screw flexi from main pipe the main pipe split...they phoned me up and explained what had happened and as im a customer they will replace all !!! Yes all pipes on drc...to say i was happy is a under statement...so the way i see it is keep your book stamped and service history up to date coz audi might actually save you money in the long run.and i think adds money and also is a deal breaker when selling car

coldo
2nd Gear

Post by coldo » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:52 pm

Why would you buy (what was) a top of the range 4.2 V8 Audi RS4 if you're worried about maintenance costs? Even my gran knows Audi are expensive! Yet you think you can run one of these cars on a shoestring?

Yes, for sure I agree it is expensive but we came into this with our eyes open and should have known it was never going to be cheap.

All that said... On one or two occasions I have been pleasantly surprised by Audi's prices, side repeater was £1.49!! They gave me a locking wheel nut key FOC and they dropped a front number plate plinth off at my house because it arrived to the dealer a day later than they told me. They also gave me a peach of an A7 courtesy car when i had my own car in for a service.
B7 RS4 Saloon - Sprint Blue

ChrisW
3rd Gear

Post by ChrisW » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:14 pm

coldo wrote:Why would you buy (what was) a top of the range 4.2 V8 Audi RS4 if you're worried about maintenance costs? Even my gran knows Audi are expensive! Yet you think you can run one of these cars on a shoestring?

Yes, for sure I agree it is expensive but we came into this with our eyes open and should have known it was never going to be cheap.
Call it "damage limitation".

I wouldn't piss on my local Audi dealer (Cheshire Oaks) if it was on fire, bunch of morons apart from the girl on the desk at the front. Unit 20 is 22 miles from my house, they've forgotten more than any Audi grease monkey knows about these cars.
Current: 07' B7 RS4 Avant
Previous: Mk2 Golf VR6 conversion, Mk2 Golf GTi 16v, Mk2 Golf 1.6 GL Auto, Mk3 Golf R32 conversion, BMW Z4 Coupe, BMW 430d, Audi S3, Defender 90 XS, Alfa Romeo 145

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:17 pm

[quote="coldo"]Why would you buy (what was) a top of the range 4.2 V8 Audi RS4 if you're worried about maintenance costs? Even my gran knows Audi are expensive! Yet you think you can run one of these cars on a shoestring?

i think you got to be a idiot if you buy a RS and don't know about costs they bring,but the issue here is theres a difference in paying costs and getting your eyes taken out
unless you got bottomless pockets then its good to haggle

CharlieD
2nd Gear

Post by CharlieD » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:09 am

coldo wrote:Why would you buy (what was) a top of the range 4.2 V8 Audi RS4 if you're worried about maintenance costs? Even my gran knows Audi are expensive! Yet you think you can run one of these cars on a shoestring?

Was waiting for someone to say something like that lol. You're missing the point entirely. Who said anything about running it on a shoestring? As it happens I've just spent £6k on mods for it tyvm (in addition to the £1000+ on new tyres/pads and getting it professionally detailed).
:beerchug:

Like I said already, more than happy to spend the money when it's needed. But only an idiot burns £200-£300 for no reason.

Never understood the mentality of people who say things like that, i.e. "if you are able to afford £XXXXX, you should not care about wasting £YYY"
:knob:

Did it not occur to you that one of the reasons people might have the money to spend on nice things is because they are not careless with their money in the first place? :roll: If I had £1million in my bank account right now and just bought a brand new Lambo, that automatically means I should be perfectly willing to pay £100 for a pint of beer? No of course not, because it's a total rip off and I'm not benefiting in any way from the additional spend... so why should the dealership be treated any different?
Last edited by CharlieD on Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:00 am, edited 6 times in total.
RS4 B7 Phantom Black Saloon
[ MRC Stage 2 Map w/ LC/FS @ 440 PS ] : [ TubiStyle Exhaust ] : [ Milltek Decat Downpipes ] : [ Deflapped Manifold ] : [ Cold Air Feed ] : [ Revo/Pipercross CF Induction ] : [ H&R ARBs Front+Rear ]
[
Forged Rotor RS5.0 OEM+ 20x10.5 ] : [ AccuAir Airlift Performance + e-Level Mgmt ] : [ Wrapped in 3M Black Rose ]

Build Thread

TonyHayers
5th Gear

Post by TonyHayers » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:32 am

All that said... On one or two occasions I have been pleasantly surprised by Audi's prices, side repeater was £1.49!! They gave me a locking wheel nut key FOC and they dropped a front number plate plinth off at my house because it arrived to the dealer a day later than they told me. They also gave me a peach of an A7 courtesy car when i had my own car in for a service.
I don't think anyone mentioned shoestring.

Look up "opportunity cost".
06 Phantom Black Saloon:

jaysrs4
5th Gear

Post by jaysrs4 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:52 am

CharlieD wrote:

Was waiting for someone to say something like that lol. You're missing the point entirely. Who said anything about running it on a shoestring? As it happens I've just spent £6k on mods for it tyvm (in addition to the £1000+ on new tyres/pads and getting it professionally detailed).
:beerchug:

Like I said already, more than happy to spend the money when it's needed. But only an idiot burns £200-£300 for no reason.

Never understood the mentality of people who say things like that, i.e. "if you are able to afford £XXXXX, you should not care about wasting £YYY"
:knob:

Did it not occur to you that one of the reasons people might have the money to spend on nice things is because they are not careless with their money in the first place? :roll: If I had £1million in my bank account right now and just bought a brand new Lambo, that automatically means I should be perfectly willing to pay £100 for a pint of beer? No of course not, because it's a total rip off and I'm not benefiting in any way from the additional spend... so why should the dealership be treated any different?
^ This

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:04 pm

Back on thread, slightly...

I had this service at Audi Wandsworth/Jack Barclay - master tech's there are brilliant. All in, including oil filter, drain plug, labour and health check and report any issues (all clear) was £224 inc VAT.

I supplied my own oil, Oil at the time was 10 ltrs (Sam is right, the RS4 takes 9.6) from Opie with, at the time a 15% discount code for Fuchs TITAN GT1 PRO C-3 XTL 5W-30 Synthetic was £68.00.

FASH so worth keeping up for me personally - I've leveraged Audi goodwill twice now due to FASH...
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

CharlieD
2nd Gear

Post by CharlieD » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:08 pm

Just had the car back from Walton Audi, ended up paying £211.68 inc VAT with my own supplied oil, (10L of Castrol EDGE 5w30 FST) which cost me £59.40 delivered. So £271.08 total expense. Health check etc all clear and opted out of the free swirl up service :D

Breakdown: 1.2 hours' labour @ £144.84/hr inc VAT, plus £37.87 for the new filter, drain plug, & cleaner.

One funny thing was that there was 5.5 miles on the odometer after they had reset it, the invoice said 32,607 mileage, but the clock on the dash said 32,612 :D. I'm guessing they'll just say they needed to "road test" it... yeah I bet they did, heh heh.
RS4 B7 Phantom Black Saloon
[ MRC Stage 2 Map w/ LC/FS @ 440 PS ] : [ TubiStyle Exhaust ] : [ Milltek Decat Downpipes ] : [ Deflapped Manifold ] : [ Cold Air Feed ] : [ Revo/Pipercross CF Induction ] : [ H&R ARBs Front+Rear ]
[
Forged Rotor RS5.0 OEM+ 20x10.5 ] : [ AccuAir Airlift Performance + e-Level Mgmt ] : [ Wrapped in 3M Black Rose ]

Build Thread

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:53 pm

CharlieD wrote:Just had the car back from Walton Audi, ended up paying £211.68 inc VAT with my own supplied oil, (10L of Castrol EDGE 5w30 FST) which cost me £59.40 delivered. So £271.08 total expense. Health check etc all clear and opted out of the free swirl up service :D

Breakdown: 1.2 hours' labour @ £144.84/hr inc VAT, plus £37.87 for the new filter, drain plug, & cleaner.

One funny thing was that there was 5.5 miles on the odometer after they had reset it, the invoice said 32,607 mileage, but the clock on the dash said 32,612 :D. I'm guessing they'll just say they needed to "road test" it... yeah I bet they did, heh heh.
there was about 5miles on mine aswell haha..just a excuse to get in them I think :biggrin3:

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”