School Boy Error

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Surrey Sam
Cruising

Re: School Boy Error

Post by Surrey Sam » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:32 pm

Sorry guy's just got back in.

Yes, as Marc has just mentioned £49.99 was what I've paid and that included a heath check for what ever that is worth :lol:

I will phone the service advisor tomorrow to make sure it's been carried over but it has FASH and all MOT's carried out by them.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:32 pm

boombastik wrote:why would head light washers fail the MOT if they are INOP
Since 2012 the MOT Test has required that IF if you have Xenon headlights and either headlight washers or headlight levelling are fitted they MUST work - but if they're not fitted there's no problem passing the MOT.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:36 pm

MB2 wrote:I believe for Xenon lights you must have headlight washers & self-levelling to be road legal so I suspect this is the reason behind an MOT fail for this.
The MOT Test only requires them to be working IF fitted, it doesn't require them to be fitted. This is how aftermarket Xenon kits pass the MOT Test without either washers or levelling - all that's needed for them is the headlight alignment to be correct and the main beam warning bulb to work.

This is one of several areas where the MOT Test requirements are different to the UN and EU (and hence UK) legal requirements for a vehicle to be Type Approved.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:10 pm

For those who were asking about the MOT insurance aspect, it's all detailed on Audi's website using the below link :thumbs:

https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/serv ... t/mot.html
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

stu
5th Gear

Post by stu » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:00 pm

Under the lighting conditions:
Exclusions: Bulbs, fuses, wiring and connections.

...did I read on here that headlight washer fuses are the most frequent cause? I wonder what would happen. If that turned out to be the case.

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:42 pm

I would imagine that as the Headlight system is specifically mentioned in the items that are covered, it would be fine regardless of a fuse being the culprit of the failure.

toyneg
5th Gear

Post by toyneg » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:26 am

mine def don't work Sam but I kept quiet while putting it in for its MOT today and nothing was mentioned and it passed fine :)
Glacier White 2017 S3 Saloon with all the Tech.
Gone but not forgotten - B7 RS4 Saloon Black - H&R spacers, Tints, Gun Metal Alloys, MRC Stage 2, Pre Cats, Milltek Non Res, K/W Springs, MRC Full Carbon clean - 431ps
previous - B6 A4 1.8T S-Line 215PS

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:32 pm

:lol: makes life a little easier for you. Was it Audi or a back street garage doing the MOT?

toyneg
5th Gear

Post by toyneg » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:30 pm

Surrey Sam wrote::lol: makes life a little easier for you. Was it Audi or a back street garage doing the MOT?
back street for £35 jobbie
Glacier White 2017 S3 Saloon with all the Tech.
Gone but not forgotten - B7 RS4 Saloon Black - H&R spacers, Tints, Gun Metal Alloys, MRC Stage 2, Pre Cats, Milltek Non Res, K/W Springs, MRC Full Carbon clean - 431ps
previous - B6 A4 1.8T S-Line 215PS

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”