Been to see the Wizard (of MRC)

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
NJMAudiRS4
4th Gear

Been to see the Wizard (of MRC)

Post by NJMAudiRS4 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:03 pm

Booked in tomorrow at MRC to work their magic, Full carbon clean, stage 2 Manifold, cold air feed (rad is already deleted)
and Stage 2 Re-map with flat shift & launch control :biggrin3:
Will be interesting to see what power it was putting out before the work is completed, already looking forward to the Drive home next weekend.

I recently had ECS Engine mounts fitted, new front discs and yellow stuff pads, now just ordered some new boots Michelin PSS for £788.36 inc vat from Tyreleader 255/30/20 as the Conti's are almost down to there tread depth wear indicators.

There goes my Xmas bonus !! :boohoo:
Last edited by NJMAudiRS4 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Audi RS4 Avant. MRC Stage 2 Manifold, caf, Map, JCWF Manifold back Exhaust with Sports Cats, H&R spacers, 449ps & 483nm

Tile Diver
4th Gear

Re: Off to see the Wizard (of MRC)

Post by Tile Diver » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:46 pm

Enjoy!!! It'll feel like a new motor!!! :bigblink:
B7 RS4 Avant 2007 Daytona Grey
Black Optics / Ti Pack
SS Suspension +
Sunroof
H&R Hubcentric Spacers
Milltek Res / Valved Cat Back
Stage 2 MRC Map
Cold Air Feed
Carbon Clean
Pre-Cats Gutted
447 PS

If in doubt.. Power out!!

NJMAudiRS4
4th Gear

Post by NJMAudiRS4 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:03 pm

Thanks I so hope it will
Audi RS4 Avant. MRC Stage 2 Manifold, caf, Map, JCWF Manifold back Exhaust with Sports Cats, H&R spacers, 449ps & 483nm

JCviggen
5th Gear

Post by JCviggen » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:04 am

Sounds pretty awesome with the exception of the EBC pads. Those should never go anywhere near an RS, just imho of course. With brake pads you really do get what you pay for - even though I never understood quite what makes them so expensive.

When "upgrading" from OEM the lowest I'd get is a set of Ferodo DS2500. Properly good pads start with the Pagid RS series. Like the RS-4-2. Aptly named I think you'll agree...
RS-14 or RS-19 for track use. Carbotech makes fantastic pads too, similarly priced to the Pagids.
B7 RS4 saloon Misano red, comfy seats, JHM tune & JHM full exhaust with cats and resonators - gone.
C5 RS6 Avant Daytona/Cognac - gone.
981 Cayman GTS Gray/Orange.
My youtube

SuprSi
5th Gear

Post by SuprSi » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:39 am

I've never had a problem with yellow stuff, they didn't fade even after being hammered round Bruntingthorpe to the point of smoking profusely!

I'm trying something else next but just saying they're not that bad.
2003 C5 RS6 Avant Daytona Grey

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:43 pm

The yellow stuff pads are no worse than the OEM pads, possible even slightly better.

JCviggen
5th Gear

Post by JCviggen » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:30 pm

I guess part of the problem is that once you've used great brake pads everything else feels kind of crappy. And they cost a fortune, unfortunately. As long as one doesn't know any better, I suppose EBC can be all right to live with. Probably better than overpaying for OEM stuff. But EBC are low budget brake pads by every standard. Cold and hot bite, modulation, wear, ...

You don't need new pads every week, so no reason not to get the quality stuff on a car like this. EBC are cheaper for a reason. It's not like that with all parts, but for brake pads, it is.
B7 RS4 saloon Misano red, comfy seats, JHM tune & JHM full exhaust with cats and resonators - gone.
C5 RS6 Avant Daytona/Cognac - gone.
981 Cayman GTS Gray/Orange.
My youtube

SinghB7
2nd Gear

Post by SinghB7 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:11 pm

Whats the charges for carbon clean and stage 2 by MRC? Tried to find info but found nothing. Also what mods are needed to support stage 2? cheers
Audi RS4 B7 Saloon 456ps MRC
Audi S3 8P 310bhp Revo
Audi S4 B5 Saloon 504ps MRC
Audi S4 B5 Saloon 320bhp Revo
Audi A4 B7 TDI Saloon 215bhp R TECH
:kissmyrings:

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:33 pm

SinghB7 wrote:Whats the charges for carbon clean and stage 2 by MRC? Tried to find info but found nothing. Also what mods are needed to support stage 2? cheers
carbon clean £816.42,,,,stage 2 remap £650....its all on website :biggrin3:

http://www.mrctuning.com/index.php/audi ... ns/rs4-b7/

RsReilly
1st Gear

Post by RsReilly » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:09 pm

I had my rs4 in at Mrc in June last year, must say its the best money I've spent, they certainly know their stuff, you will really feel the difference!!

RichT128
2nd Gear

Post by RichT128 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:58 pm

Really interested if how it goes - want to put my car in with them but it's getting two days down in Oxford that I'm struggling with!

Ferrari 360 Modena F1
No isofix!

jangol
4th Gear

Post by jangol » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:47 pm

It's defo worth the money & time, I've collected mine today.. Was very pleased with what they've done to my car!!

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:01 am

RichT128 wrote:Really interested if how it goes - want to put my car in with them but it's getting two days down in Oxford that I'm struggling with!
Stick it on the back of a flat bed truck to send it there then collect a few days later when it's ready and have a great drive home with a big smile on your face.

NJMAudiRS4
4th Gear

Post by NJMAudiRS4 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:40 pm

JCviggen wrote:I guess part of the problem is that once you've used great brake pads everything else feels kind of crappy. And they cost a fortune, unfortunately. As long as one doesn't know any better, I suppose EBC can be all right to live with. Probably better than overpaying for OEM stuff. But EBC are low budget brake pads by every standard. Cold and hot bite, modulation, wear, ...

You don't need new pads every week, so no reason not to get the quality stuff on a car like this. EBC are cheaper for a reason. It's not like that with all parts, but for brake pads, it is.
After having a search on the forum it seemed that EBC Yellow stuff pads were a better option to OEM and to most others, I'm not really a fan of pagid pads although the aptly named RS 2-4 was an option I looked at but alas I could not find many reviews to convince me to opt for them. As for price I thought them to be a decent mid range compromise and definately not a budget brake pad as you seem to suggest.
With regard to cold and hot bite modulation they are leagues better than standard pads and so far seem another level up on the ferodo premiere pads I had previously before I changed the discs, as for wear I can't comment as yet as I've only done around 400+ miles.

NJMAudiRS4
4th Gear

Post by NJMAudiRS4 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:49 pm

Thanks for your comments, I'll let you know next Saturday what it it feels like, I'm expecting to be grinning like a Cheshire cat :jump:

They dropped me off at the station in Dougs development car, his B8 S4 that's runnig 500bhp !!! It felt a little bit special so if that's anything to go by I'm in for a treat !!

I'm a little undecided at the moment wether to have the flat shif & launch control as I really like my clutch !! Hmmmm

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”