Newbie making a introduction

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
RichieRS
4th Gear

Re: Newbie making a introduction

Post by RichieRS » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:33 pm

TAB1S wrote:Should be in the back of your service book :-)
birdiemachine wrote:
RichieRS wrote:Looking awesome :-). was there a lot of difference pre and post CC and map?.

Maybe a silly question but how did you go about finding out what recall work has been done. I spoke to Audi about my cars history and they sent me a sheet confirming the times/dates and mileage of my previous services, but nothing about recall work?
I bought it like that mate so not sure, I phoned mrc and they confirmed it all for me.

I have the Audi telephone number somewhere they have a special department for it I'll dig the number out for you tomorrow ImageImageImage

Cheers guys. Appreciate the help :thumbs:

birdiemachine
4th Gear

Post by birdiemachine » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:00 pm

So had the dreaded drc rattle....

Dropped it into audi and they done a pressure test the drc was at 1.5 bar, should be almost 15. Leak from front left shock and front right weeping, also needed new discs and pads all around i was trying to postpone that one for as long as i can, so a 2400 bill :audibash:

On top of 4 new tyres all round it's been a expensive first 3 months of ownership but love it to bits!

Cheers

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:07 pm

So are you having the DRC work done or considering coilovers? Was the 2.4k bill for DRC and discs or just for one? Seems cheap if it's for both.

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Ouch, perhaps that's why the previous owner didn't want to be contacted. Did the supplying dealer not give you any warranty?

Hopefully the central valve didn't suffer any internal damage with the serious lack of pressure and fluid.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

birdiemachine
4th Gear

Post by birdiemachine » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:31 pm

2400 all in for two new front shocks and the system recharged, and also for front and rear discs and pads all fitted and got them bullied into new wiper blades as well lol :audibash:

Sam - Beginning to think that, i drive on almost all really good roads and only tootle about on bad roads so it was never too apparent the rattle, but being ocd and knowing i am keeping this car a long time i wanted it all sorted. Glad i didn't go with the independent recommendation now of 800 of work and rear subframe bushes being replaced.

I thought 2400 for all that work was pretty decent too, on the plus side the master tech said it was one of the best rs4's he's ever saw and i got a bodywork friend to give it the once over yesterday and he said it's never been painted or hit.

Beginning to look like the previous owner knew the drc was on the way out and traded it in, that's life i guess, i new it needed discs and pads.

Just whining i guess lol :boohoo: :blackrs4: :blackrs4: :blackrs4: :audibash:

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:44 pm

Yeah it's a tough one but the cars do get under your skin, so it will be worth the expense in the end. I think the price you've got is very reasonable as there's circa 2k in parts alone.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

birdiemachine
4th Gear

Post by birdiemachine » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:55 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:Yeah it's a tough one but the cars do get under your skin, so it will be worth the expense in the end. I think the price you've got is very reasonable as there's circa 2k in parts alone.
Yea i'm really pleased with the price just didn't think i would need the drc sorting for a long time! They do get under your skin, can't wait to get it back now feels like it's been away for ages and it's only been since yesterday.

Not too fussed on coilovers as the drc is a brilliant setup, fingers crossed the uprated versions will hold out longer than the originals did, how long of a warranty will audi give me on them?

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:32 pm

Audi parts will come with a two year warranty but the later revision DRC dampers seem to be reliable now. All 4 of mine have been fitted since 2009 and are trouble free.

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:58 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:Yeah it's a tough one but the cars do get under your skin, so it will be worth the expense in the end. I think the price you've got is very reasonable as there's circa 2k in parts alone.
+1 and at least you have the peace of mind it's all done now. V3 DRC should hold up well. Hopefully you can just enjoy it from here on. :beerchug:

+1 on discussing warranty with the dealer too.

birdiemachine
4th Gear

Post by birdiemachine » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:40 am

Update : phone call from Audi today they ordered in two rear shocks instead of two front ones. Not happy as needed my car this weekend as heading away to play in a competition in south of Ireland. So after plenty of moaning I am getting a very nice loaner for the next week as there closed till Wednesday! Plus more discount, I hope.

CellDamage
3rd Gear

Post by CellDamage » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:20 am

What did they give you?

birdiemachine
4th Gear

Post by birdiemachine » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:09 am

CellDamage wrote:What did they give you?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428390563.166292.jpg
1.2 litre : ( nice little car though might get one for the ball and chain.

birdiemachine
4th Gear

Post by birdiemachine » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:13 am

It's backkkkk!!!!

Two new front shocks and drc recharged

New front discs and pads

New rear discs and pads

New wiper blades (foc very nice of them)

Feels like a totally different car, I knew the brakes weren't great when I bought it but hadn't bargained for the drc issues. Fingers crossed that's it sorted now, no rattles anywhere on all the usual spots on my local roads where I used to hear it.

The handling is out of this world, when I first got the rs4 I thought yea this handles well but truth be told I had more confidence driving my mark 5 r32. Since this work however the difference is night and day, it's absolutely razor sharp and responsive.

4 new tires and the work above and a service in a months time coming up so has been a expensive first couple of months but that should be it for a long time now as I intend to keep this car for a long time.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428567199.290339.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428567182.289897.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428567162.307363.jpg
Next on the list is a serious clean!!!

birdiemachine
4th Gear

Post by birdiemachine » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:23 am

Rs4 claimed its first victim today : /
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429169002.696813.jpg

bluenosewrx
4th Gear