Newbie making a introduction

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
birdiemachine
4th Gear

Post by birdiemachine » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:32 pm

Long time lurker on here trying to part ex my mk5 r32 against a b7. Finally got it sold privately and found the perfect spec that I was after in Suffolk from a dealer on pistonheads.

I am from Northern Ireland so 4am start this morning, flight to stansted and 500 miles later and a ferry to dublin I am in my local having a gin and tonic with a peroni.

Quick spec : mrc map of some sorts, not sure and previous owner doesn't want to be contacted for some reason, full milltek, Gruppe m, saloon, black, black optics, half leather recaro's, has some kind of radar jammer built into it need to figure out want that is about, 3 owners, last bloke owned it for 4 years and was a train driver so seems to have been looked after by someone with some degree of mechanical sympathy.

Quick question how do you get the car to connect to your phone via Bluetooth? It doesn't appear when I scan on my phone, there is a Bluetooth menu in setup on the Rns?

First thing it needs a serious clean!!!!

Even though I was knackered I didn't want to get out of it this evening!

Apologies about grammar my head is busting.

Cheers and thanks for looking.

birdiemachine
4th Gear

Re: Newbie making a introduction

Post by birdiemachine » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:36 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420324598.096879.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420324579.579299.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420324559.929312.jpg

andyg72
4th Gear

Post by andyg72 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:39 pm

Hi I'm new too and had an r32 tho mk4 so I may know you ?
Any how's my phone connected fairly easy via the Bluetooth settings in the menu you stated
try refering to you user manual :)

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:50 am

Looks like a nice motor,Shame you missed out on my old b7
Congrats and enjoy it :thumbs:

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:54 am

hi, welcome

jaysrs4
5th Gear

Post by jaysrs4 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:50 pm

birdiemachine wrote:Long time lurker on here trying to part ex my mk5 r32 against a b7. Finally got it sold privately and found the perfect spec that I was after in Suffolk from a dealer on pistonheads.

I am from Northern Ireland so 4am start this morning, flight to stansted and 500 miles later and a ferry to dublin I am in my local having a gin and tonic with a peroni.

Quick spec : mrc map of some sorts, not sure and previous owner doesn't want to be contacted for some reason, full milltek, Gruppe m, saloon, black, black optics, half leather recaro's, has some kind of radar jammer built into it need to figure out want that is about, 3 owners, last bloke owned it for 4 years and was a train driver so seems to have been looked after by someone with some degree of mechanical sympathy.

Quick question how do you get the car to connect to your phone via Bluetooth? It doesn't appear when I scan on my phone, there is a Bluetooth menu in setup on the Rns?

At last!!! FON!
Interested to see the Recaro's are they the comforts?
Unfortunately the RNS has no Bluetooth connectivity, you can upgrade to the newer one, however that involves some cosmetic changes to the unit.
Let's see some pre and post clean pics :thumbs:

birdiemachine
4th Gear

Post by birdiemachine » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:29 pm

jaysrs4 wrote:
birdiemachine wrote:Long time lurker on here trying to part ex my mk5 r32 against a b7. Finally got it sold privately and found the perfect spec that I was after in Suffolk from a dealer on pistonheads.

At last!!! FON!
Interested to see the Recaro's are they the comforts?
Unfortunately the RNS has no Bluetooth connectivity, you can upgrade to the newer one, however that involves some cosmetic changes to the unit.
Let's see some pre and post clean pics :thumbs:
Cheers Jay.

There the recaro buckets but the centre is the fabric material? I've attached a photo.

My car has the phone cradle so I have bought a genuine Audi iphone 5 cradle, is it a simple swap and that will mean my phone starts appearing on the Rns?

I love this car, makes me realise how disappointing my r32 was. This is on a different level.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420374609.041103.jpg

birdiemachine
4th Gear

Post by birdiemachine » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:32 pm

Also has sports suspension. Not sure if it is the plus version or not. Definitely sitting lower than standard though.

How could I find out guys? There's a code list somewhere of everything the car has specced yea?

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:33 pm

There the recaro buckets but the centre is the fabric material? I've attached a photo.
That's the high tech material, not many like that :thumbs:

birdiemachine
4th Gear

Post by birdiemachine » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:36 pm

RIV wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up Silas, the rears are similar designs.

The bolsters are in perfect condition as is the whole seat itself I wonder does that material wear better than full leather?

Forgot to mention also had a decoke by mrc in 2012.

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:50 pm

Sounds like you have bought a good car, one tip for keeping the seats in good condition is to slide the seat back before you get out of the car, this saves the the bolsters. Little tip from jeezer on the b8 forum and it works

andyg72
4th Gear

Post by andyg72 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:29 pm

RIV wrote:
I looked at one with half leather / fabric seats really nice looking seats :)

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:29 pm

jaysrs4 wrote:Unfortunately the RNS has no Bluetooth connectivity, you can upgrade to the newer one, however that involves some cosmetic changes to the unit.
Changing to the newer RNS-E makes no difference to Bluetooth hands-free connectivity - hands-free Bluetooth is a separate module (8Pn 862 335 nn) that can be used with any OE radio from Concert right through to 2010+ RNS-E.

Having said that, changing to the newer RNS-E does allow you to change the CD changer to an AMI, which can have a Tune2Air connected to it which will give A2DP for music streaming via Bluetooth.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

birdiemachine
4th Gear

Post by birdiemachine » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:45 pm

All sorted now lads. The iPhone 5 cradle just clipped on and I am in business.

Going to load up two sd cards with my music.

I have some more noob questions if someone could answer them I would be most grateful :

1. When drilling out the holes in the discs is their anything to be careful about?

2. I have VCDS, is it possible to make the car have the beams on when you unlock it?

3. The front parking sensors don't seem to activate or do anything but the rears do? Is there anything I am missing here in terms of turning them "on" and if not, has anyone any ideas on where to start in trouble shooting?

4. The battery is in the boot, is the compartment in the engine bay marked with a battery symbol a point for jump starting?

5. I was checking the tire pressures and there are pressures for 235/35 19 and another set for 235/35 XL, what are the differences?

Sorry for all the daft questions and thanks for looking.

andyg72
4th Gear

Post by andyg72 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:03 pm

hi may i ask what you payed for the i phone 5 cradle ? i was thinking of taking mine out and replacing with a cradle less center dash till i read you post
thanks andy

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”