coming soon!!

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
geordie jay
5th Gear

Re: coming soon!!

Post by geordie jay » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:26 pm

I think the majority of people would like this to work but I feel that the main talking point is it wont be practical,will it handle the day to day running activities or is this just gunna be parked on a trailer and drove to a 5 mile straight road just to do a zillion mph then taken back home.if you catch my drift :bash: :biggrin3:

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:35 pm

geordie jay wrote:I think the majority of people would like this to work but I feel that the main talking point is it wont be practical,will it handle the day to day running activities or is this just gunna be parked on a trailer and drove to a 5 mile straight road just to do a zillion mph then taken back home.if you catch my drift :bash: :biggrin3:
+1

Remember the engineers' phrase "the impossible we do at once, miracles take a little longer" so I REALLY want this to work (as so many have said a TT RS4 is impossible), but 40 years as an engineer (including 6 years as a department head for a sports car manufacturer) means I look for answers to key questions that suggest the OP has a good understanding of the problems that need to be overcome. Sadly I'm not getting that warm glow from some of the, what appear to me to be, over simplistic answers.

Go on, chargedrs4, make it happen - and give us the videos etc. to prove it's a reliable usable road conversion.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm

the problem on this forum is theres to many passionate people that speak the truth and know what they talking about ....and that hurts people sometimes..but hey that's life!! suck it up or hit the road !!

jaysrs4
5th Gear

Post by jaysrs4 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:17 pm

My first reaction was all I know and have read - 'there just isn't the room for cooling and legitimate and reliable pipe work'.

I guess for me, I feel that in a reliable modified car, it should be well 'over engineered', something used daily needs to have good tolerances to stand thousands of miles without it breaking on a weekly basis. Why? Because I don't have the mechanical knowledge, facilities or time to be constantly underneath it fixing broken bits and melted plastic!

However, if the OP is happy and knowledgeable enough to be developing his custom work by himself, then that's a hobby in itself and I for one commend that ability and drive - it's no mean feat.

I respect a lot of enthusiasts on here but totally hating on the guy is a bit unfair, and I don't like the mob mentality which is tantamount to bullying on a guy, who's (from what I can gather) native language may not be English and has more knowledge and balls than many of us. Ok there's some rumours floating about, let's see where this goes before he's HUGELY flamed.

I remain to be proven wrong and there's plenty of time for it. If I have to show my arse on the town hall steps at 12pm on a Friday afternoon, then I may just have to do that!!

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:31 pm

so chargeds4 is this just a project for using this day to day or is it to just go fast down a straight and that's it?? might help fella if it was known

Chargedrs4
2nd Gear

Post by Chargedrs4 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:19 pm

geordie jay wrote:so chargeds4 is this just a project for using this day to day or is it to just go fast down a straight and that's it?? might help fella if it was known
We are building a daily driver tt rs4
one and only street twin turbo rs4 b7 in the world with 640 plus awhp and 520 awtorque at 11.7 psi
800 plus bhp

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:27 pm

jaysrs4 wrote:My first reaction was all I know and have read - 'there just isn't the room for cooling and legitimate and reliable pipe work'.

I guess for me, I feel that in a reliable modified car, it should be well 'over engineered', something used daily needs to have good tolerances to stand thousands of miles without it breaking on a weekly basis. Why? Because I don't have the mechanical knowledge, facilities or time to be constantly underneath it fixing broken bits and melted plastic!

However, if the OP is happy and knowledgeable enough to be developing his custom work by himself, then that's a hobby in itself and I for one commend that ability and drive - it's no mean feat.

I respect a lot of enthusiasts on here but totally hating on the guy is a bit unfair, and I don't like the mob mentality which is tantamount to bullying on a guy, who's (from what I can gather) native language may not be English and has more knowledge and balls than many of us. Ok there's some rumours floating about, let's see where this goes before he's HUGELY flamed.

I remain to be proven wrong and there's plenty of time for it. If I have to show my arse on the town hall steps at 12pm on a Friday afternoon, then I may just have to do that!!
All valid points well made, however, he put the build thread up and it's hot topic so it was always going to create a certain type of commentary. This is a forum, it is a mob, so it's not unusual to experience mob mentality, what's important in this case is the OP hasn't bitched once about any bullying, if indeed there was any.

Said it a billon times, everything on here is opinion, even facts. Try not to take it sorely, the OP hasn't.
No matter where you go, there you are.

jaysrs4
5th Gear

Post by jaysrs4 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:38 pm

I agree Bam, he seems a good sport, I'd just hate to see a line being crossed.

If it runs and holds good boost I may just get a hard on.

TonyHayers
5th Gear

Post by TonyHayers » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:50 pm

What I like about this forum is that there is generally a good balance between welcoming new "stuff" and being healthily skeptical. Sometimes the balance gets skewed one side or the other.

Whether or not the allegations are true that the OP is a troll on other forums, there does appear to be a rather high teaser-to-detail ratio!

But, again, I do hope this works as a twin turbo RS4 would be pretty awesome.
06 Phantom Black Saloon:
DONE: Water Meth Injection, Carbon clean at 64k, CAI, Gutted Precats, Non-res x-pipe, H&R 8mm spacers, H&R springs
^ GONE :cry:

Chargedrs4
2nd Gear

Post by Chargedrs4 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:18 am

todays update
all lines are in place,water,oil feed,oil return all connected to a cavenger pump,also billet cross trans mount is almost done we had to make one to clear downpipe,tomorrow another long day
one and only street twin turbo rs4 b7 in the world with 640 plus awhp and 520 awtorque at 11.7 psi
800 plus bhp

Chargedrs4
2nd Gear

Post by Chargedrs4 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:20 am

jaysrs4 wrote:I agree Bam, he seems a good sport, I'd just hate to see a line being crossed.

If it runs and holds good boost I may just get a hard on.
i m already getting a hard on ! :boots: :nogarors4:
800 plus bhp

Shinobi675
5th Gear

Post by Shinobi675 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:25 am

Don't let us down chargedrs4.

The pace you're setting is great to see. When are you hoping to have it running for the first time?

Get this working and I might well be looking to ditch the c6 and get a TT RS4!
996 C4S, B8 RS4, CBR600RR & a little ZXR400

Chargedrs4
2nd Gear

Post by Chargedrs4 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:31 am

Shinobi675 wrote:Don't let us down chargedrs4.

The pace you're setting is great to see. When are you hoping to have it running for the first time?

Get this working and I might well be looking to ditch the c6 and get a TT RS4!
Maybe by this week end we will start it up
800 plus bhp

Shinobi675
5th Gear

Post by Shinobi675 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:36 pm

Wow that's impressive!
996 C4S, B8 RS4, CBR600RR & a little ZXR400

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:47 pm

Maybe by this week end we will start it up
Good man!! sod all the negative vibes, at least it's not a tyre thread, or bloody RNSE :drink:

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”