OEM Bluetooth streaming

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Rick_RS4
Cruising

Re: OEM Bluetooth streaming

Post by Rick_RS4 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:23 pm

if i didnt have to change the rnse id get one but no point as i dont really like that the unit doesnt have full post code

on a plus i do have bluetooth phone, bluetooth music, controlled by phone, reverse cam, aux in, and changer but i think it needs to go,

pioneer have some app radios that look interesting and you can connect anything to aftermarket units without the pain

Cerec1
Neutral

Post by Cerec1 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:55 pm

Rick_RS4 wrote:if i didnt have to change the rnse id get one but no point as i dont really like that the unit doesnt have full post code

on a plus i do have bluetooth phone, bluetooth music, controlled by phone, reverse cam, aux in, and changer but i think it needs to go,

pioneer have some app radios that look interesting and you can connect anything to aftermarket units without the pain
If this VAG head unit works, surely a smart phone with Google Maps allows post code sat nav anyway?

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:49 pm

Cerec1 wrote:surely a smart phone with Google Maps allows post code sat nav anyway?

yeah but its just a pain in the ass, the text screens look dated too, it works yeah but not amazing

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:19 am

Rick_RS4 wrote:pioneer have some app radios that look interesting and you can connect anything to aftermarket units without the pain
But only a few aftermarket units display radio data in the DIS and none display navigation data in the DIS, so you'll always end up with a blank area in the DIS - which I personally hate so it has to be OE for me.

I know lots of people complain about the lack of full postcode entry, but TBH even on smartphone nav apps I never use it so I don't see the lack of it as a problem - anyway full postcode entry isn't accurate, when I enter the full postcode for home or work onto Google maps on my PC or the apps on my iPhone it's several hundred metres out!
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:52 am

Also having experienced an aftermarket head unit when I first bought this cabby , the functionality is endless BUT to be able to use it when DRIVING, I.e when your attention is on the road, their ergonomics and ease of use was left far from wanting

This is where the OEM comes into it's own as it's been specifically designed to be of use whilst driving

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:48 pm

I know what you mean about the dis I still want it to be able to have track display on there, MikeFish has. Not fussed about the navigation display on there as I didn't really use it anyway, looks cool tho.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”