Booked into MRC

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
chris_m
4th Gear

Booked into MRC

Post by chris_m » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:27 pm

Well I bit the bullet and am booked in on the 29th of this month. It's a 4 hour drive for me to get there but hopefully it's worth it.

I have been seriously thinking about putting it in against something different like a 997, gtr or m5 but I love the RS4 and just wish there was more you could do with them apart from spending 20k supercharging.

It's booked in for a service, CAF, carbon clean (subject to inspection), pre cat removal and stage 2 re-map.
Has anyone else done the stage 2 and any feedback? I'm not expecting miracles mind but curious to how they perform on stage 2?

Cheers.
2006 B7 RS4 Mrc stage 2
2000 evo VI tommi makinen red
1999 Evo V 370bhp white
1995 e36 m3 3.0 green
1988 Saff cosworth 2wd white

Tile Diver
4th Gear

Re: Booked into MRC

Post by Tile Diver » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:07 pm

Good call heading to MRC!!

I had a Stage 2 map, Carbon Clean (Doug said it was one of the cleanest he'd seen) Cold Air Feed, Gutted Pre Cats and a Milltek Cat Back Res with valves system

It went from 397ps to 447ps, I was more than happy with the outcome, worth the money I reckon!! :bigblink:
Attachments
MRC Tuning.pdf
(502.41 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
B7 RS4 Avant 2007 Daytona Grey
Black Optics / Ti Pack
SS Suspension +
Sunroof
H&R Hubcentric Spacers
Milltek Res / Valved Cat Back
Stage 2 MRC Map
Cold Air Feed
Carbon Clean
Pre-Cats Gutted
447 PS

If in doubt.. Power out!!

chris_m
4th Gear

Post by chris_m » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:07 pm

Cool. Based on the 3rd gear test taking well over 9 seconds, this may be a good sign the car suffers carbon build up. Can't wait to have it done. Are you allowed to watch/video it on the rollers.
2006 B7 RS4 Mrc stage 2
1999 Evo V 370bhp white
1995 e36 m3 3.0 green

Audi Pardner
4th Gear

Post by Audi Pardner » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:34 pm

Thinking along similar lines for mine in the Spring (and a decent exhaust system) so will be interested to see how you get on :thumbs:
Misano Red B7 RS4 Avant. 20" Rotors. KW adjustable spring kit. 8 & 10mm H&R spacers. MRC Stage 2 remap. Pre-cat delete & x-pipe.

chris_m
4th Gear

Post by chris_m » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:47 pm

I will post up the results when I get it back :beerchug:
2006 B7 RS4 Mrc stage 2
1999 Evo V 370bhp white
1995 e36 m3 3.0 green

Tile Diver
4th Gear

Post by Tile Diver » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:30 am

chris_m wrote:Cool. Are you allowed to watch/video it on the rollers.
Don't see ant reason why not, its been done before I believe, just speak to Doug when you drop it off, you might just have a bit hanging around until they get it up and running. :beerchug:
B7 RS4 Avant 2007 Daytona Grey
Black Optics / Ti Pack
SS Suspension +
Sunroof
H&R Hubcentric Spacers
Milltek Res / Valved Cat Back
Stage 2 MRC Map
Cold Air Feed
Carbon Clean
Pre-Cats Gutted
447 PS

If in doubt.. Power out!!

chris_m
4th Gear

Post by chris_m » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:31 am

Tile Diver wrote:
chris_m wrote:Cool. Are you allowed to watch/video it on the rollers.
Don't see ant reason why not, its been done before I believe, just speak to Doug when you drop it off, you might just have a bit hanging around until they get it up and running. :beerchug:
Good stuff, I don't mind waiting. I'll feel like a bit of a plum standing there with a vid cam but so :D
2006 B7 RS4 Mrc stage 2
1999 Evo V 370bhp white
1995 e36 m3 3.0 green

Spectre
2nd Gear

Post by Spectre » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:01 am

Stage II map - suddenly the sport button gains the grin effect all over again.
2013 Guards Red 991 Carrera - VERY MUCH Arrived.
2013 Ibis White RS4 B8 - Gone :)
2007 Phantom Black Avant RS4 B7 - Gone :(

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:21 pm

Don't worry they let you watch, and you won't be the 1st who wants to watch their car on it's run. They normaly film it too, got a much better sound from their camera than I did on my phone as I seemed to pick up a lot of fan noise.
This was mine on the rollers:
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10151214950761192

And their stage 2 map is the best, when you hit the Sport button the instant acceleration is awesome.
And if you find your 3rd gear runs are slow it might be down to a vacuum leak but if you're having a carbon clean they'll probably sort the leak as they put the car back together. You will know if it's a vac leak from the pre-upgrade run; anything upwards of 380bhp is normal. If you have less than that it's unlikely to be from just the carbon.

chris_m
4th Gear

Post by chris_m » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:30 pm

Thanks for the input mike. This has probably been covered 1000 times but isn't there a way of preventing the carbon build up? Super fuel is supposed to be cleaner but doesn't solve the problem. Seems a shame to have it done for it to happen again in future.

I will take mine just in case theirs is not set up but would be pretty cool to have it on vid :)

It's funny, sometimes the car feels great and very responsive and other times not so good even on the same run. Mind, that could be me also but don't think it is. The epc light keeps coming on and going off intermittent which could be related. I feel confident taking the car there and getting back the car it should be and some.
2006 B7 RS4 Mrc stage 2
1999 Evo V 370bhp white
1995 e36 m3 3.0 green

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:17 am

chris_m wrote:Thanks for the input mike. This has probably been covered 1000 times but isn't there a way of preventing the carbon build up? Super fuel is supposed to be cleaner but doesn't solve the problem. Seems a shame to have it done for it to happen again in future.

I will take mine just in case theirs is not set up but would be pretty cool to have it on vid :)

It's funny, sometimes the car feels great and very responsive and other times not so good even on the same run. Mind, that could be me also but don't think it is. The epc light keeps coming on and going off intermittent which could be related. I feel confident taking the car there and getting back the car it should be and some.
Yes been covered loads. No-one has yet to find a way to stop it. Sure cleaning will get rid of it, but it will keep coming back. I just accept the power it has when dirty is the normal power and forget about cleaning it.
The changes you feel could be down to heat soak; some days especially when the air is damp it really flies. Other days when the ambient temperature is high or even cooler days but lots of traffic it can fee lmuch slower.

toyneg
5th Gear

Post by toyneg » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:33 am

chris_m wrote:Thanks for the input mike. This has probably been covered 1000 times but isn't there a way of preventing the carbon build up? Super fuel is supposed to be cleaner but doesn't solve the problem. Seems a shame to have it done for it to happen again in future.

Hi Chris, I have the Stage 2 and you shouldn't be disappointed, like people have said, when you press the Sport Button the throttle response is instant :)

ref the car sometimes feeling better than others, I senses similar early in the year, I changed the MAF sensor and that seemed to have done the trick. It is about £120 from Audi and you can fit it yourself. Not saying that is def the cause but helped mine out.
Glacier White 2017 S3 Saloon with all the Tech.
Gone but not forgotten - B7 RS4 Saloon Black - H&R spacers, Tints, Gun Metal Alloys, MRC Stage 2, Pre Cats, Milltek Non Res, K/W Springs, MRC Full Carbon clean - 431ps
previous - B6 A4 1.8T S-Line 215PS

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:10 pm

MRC's stage 2 is epic and savage in the same measure. It truly completes the rs4,

You will not be disappointed. If needs a carbon clean and the map it will come back a different car.

That 4 hours back will be a different story to 4 hours there!
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:38 pm

chris_m wrote:This has probably been covered 1000 times but isn't there a way of preventing the carbon build up? Super fuel is supposed to be cleaner but doesn't solve the problem. Seems a shame to have it done for it to happen again in future.
Carbon build up is a "feature" to a lesser or greater extent of all DI petrol engines. The greater the valve overlap the more the burnt combustion products will get blown back into the inlet manifold, and the greater the carbon buildup will be.

chris_m wrote:The epc light keeps coming on and going off intermittent which could be related.
That means you do have a fault, and there will be one or more fault codes stored.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

Audi Pardner
4th Gear

Post by Audi Pardner » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:44 pm

toyneg wrote:

Hi Chris, I have the Stage 2 and you shouldn't be disappointed, like people have said, when you press the Sport Button the throttle response is instant :)

ref the car sometimes feeling better than others, I senses similar early in the year, I changed the MAF sensor and that seemed to have done the trick. It is about £120 from Audi and you can fit it yourself. Not saying that is def the cause but helped mine out.
I've looked but can't find a sticky or other guide on how to change the MAF sensor; can anyone advise how to do it please?
Misano Red B7 RS4 Avant. 20" Rotors. KW adjustable spring kit. 8 & 10mm H&R spacers. MRC Stage 2 remap. Pre-cat delete & x-pipe.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”