Near side rad leak?

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
kernowrs4
1st Gear

Near side rad leak?

Post by kernowrs4 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:41 pm

Just had my car in for MOT which it passed no advisorys woooo, but i noticed after he did the emissions and the car was sat there for a minute while he removed the probe, a small bit of steam coming from the front,

Walked over and noticed it was coming out of the near side of the bumped bumper/fog light or just above it should i say,

I am removing the bumper to do the AUX rad delete anyway on the drivers side but am curious if anyone knows before i start wether i can use the driver side to replace the near side rad incase it is damaged,

I do lose about 10cm worth of water in the expansion tank but i thought it was jst me not paying atention last time i checked. And never noticed the steam until today even after driving it and leaving it running while opening the garage.

Any help or tips for removing them is a help.

Audi Pardner
4th Gear

Re: Near side rad leak?

Post by Audi Pardner » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:15 pm

I replaced both my aux rads a few months ago and as far as I can remember they aren't handed, so you should be able to use it on the n/s
Misano Red B7 RS4 Avant. 20" Rotors. KW adjustable spring kit. 8 & 10mm H&R spacers. MRC Stage 2 remap. Pre-cat delete & x-pipe.

kernowrs4
1st Gear

Post by kernowrs4 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:01 pm

Audi Pardner wrote:I replaced both my aux rads a few months ago and as far as I can remember they aren't handed, so you should be able to use it on the n/s

Music to my ears :biggrin3: thanks for that :thumbs:

John Johnson
5th Gear

Post by John Johnson » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:13 pm

They ain't handed and same as the TTrs too from memory when I did mine
Current toys in the garage
B7 avant in Daytona with ceramics and a few other goodies and lowwwww miles :-)
Ur quattro. lago Blue
Ur quattro. Mars red

Rs1600i
Transit custom sportvan

http://youtu.be/FWBUl7oT9sA

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:45 pm

[quote="Audi Pardner"]I replaced both my aux rads a few months ago and as far as I can remember they aren't handed, so you should be able to use it on the n/s[/quote

where did you buy your rads from mate? what sort of price am I looking at...cheers jay

Audi Pardner
4th Gear

Post by Audi Pardner » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:16 pm

geordie jay wrote:
Audi Pardner wrote:I replaced both my aux rads a few months ago and as far as I can remember they aren't handed, so you should be able to use it on the n/s[/quote

where did you buy your rads from mate? what sort of price am I looking at...cheers jay

Jay - been working away so have just seen this (and see that you're getting it done at Revolution now), but anyway I got one from Aberdeen Audi for £140 (delivered) last January and the other from Stoke Audi in September for £189 delivered.
Misano Red B7 RS4 Avant. 20" Rotors. KW adjustable spring kit. 8 & 10mm H&R spacers. MRC Stage 2 remap. Pre-cat delete & x-pipe.

adsgreen
Cruising

Post by adsgreen » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:29 am

Worth pointing out that they are as fragile as hell. I swapped one over and with hours it was pissing out coolant. If one rad has failed chances are the other isn't far behind.

Audi Pardner
4th Gear

Post by Audi Pardner » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:18 pm

That's why I replaced both mine ads (on your advice IIRC). One was knackered and the other was pretty ropey.

Also worth taking off the grilles and carefully vacuuming out the area in front of the rads every few months it's amazing how much crap gets in there.

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:27 am

I've read that the aux rad are interchangeable plus when my of a rad leaked I took it out and inspected the n's rad and it looked fine and all good 4/5 months later.
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”