A Question About Fuchs Oil

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
manual_daniel
2nd Gear

A Question About Fuchs Oil

Post by manual_daniel » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:12 pm

Hello All, just a quick question, my car was recently serviced by Audi and they used Fuchs Titan GT1 (all that was listed on the receipt). I asked them not to do the Longlife service but they did anyway - my French is not so good.

I want to buy oil for top ups and wonder if I should continue to top up with the Longlife oil as follows:

Fuchs TITAN GT1 LONGLIFE III 5W-30 Premium Synthetic meeting VW504.00, VW507.00

Or if I can use the other version:

Fuchs TITAN GT1 PRO C-3 XTL 5W-30 Synthetic Engine Oil For the latest VW - BMW and Mercedes Vehicles.

What is the difference between the two and can/should they be mixed?

I prefer a more regular service interval with regular oil changes and will go back to this.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Daniel
Now: 2007 Daytona RS4 Avant
Passed On: 2003 Mugello RS6 Sedan

neilparf
Cruising

Re: A Question About Fuchs Oil

Post by neilparf » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:37 pm

Daniel,

I've use Fuchs TITAN GT1 PRO C-3 XTL 5W-30 Synthetic Engine Oil in my RS4 since I've had it. It's good oil. I've not used the Longlife alternative.

The C3 gets to temp quicker I've noticed but has a slightly lower running temp too. This is fully VW504 and VW507 approved

The difference I think one has added XTL and the long life doesn't. If I were you, and change oil regularly, I would certainly go for the XTL version.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-980-fuchs-t ... icles.aspx

Good luck.
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

manual_daniel
2nd Gear

Post by manual_daniel » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:14 pm

neilparf wrote:Daniel,

I've use Fuchs TITAN GT1 PRO C-3 XTL 5W-30 Synthetic Engine Oil in my RS4 since I've had it. It's good oil. I've not used the Longlife alternative.

The C3 gets to temp quicker I've noticed but has a slightly lower running temp too. This is fully VW504 and VW507 approved

The difference I think one has added XTL and the long life doesn't. If I were you, and change oil regularly, I would certainly go for the XTL version.

Good luck.
Thanks very much for the answer and the good information. Do you think that because I have the Longlife now I should top up with the same stuff, or switch to the XTL for top ups?

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:45 pm

manual_daniel wrote:

Good luck.
Thanks very much for the answer and the good information. Do you think that because I have the Longlife now I should top up with the same stuff, or switch to the XTL for top ups?
Personally, I would try and stay with the same oil and - even though it's compliant...
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

manual_daniel
2nd Gear

Post by manual_daniel » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:22 am

neilparf wrote:
manual_daniel wrote:

Good luck.
Personally, I would try and stay with the same oil and - even though it's compliant...
Thanks again, I'll buy the Longlife and switch to XTL at the next oil change. I definitely notice lower temps with the Fuchs compared to Castrol Edge.

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:42 pm

manual_daniel wrote:I definitely notice lower temps with the Fuchs compared to Castrol Edge.
Me too - I barley hit 108-110 when pushing very hard...

For me 'progressive' driving is normally around 98-102...

:thumb:

SuprSi
5th Gear

Post by SuprSi » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:09 pm

Damn, already bought castrol edge for the next oil change :/
I've seen mine nudge 120 with almost continuous high revs and full throttle. Normal 'spirited driving' sees it to 100-110 normally.
2003 C5 RS6 Avant Daytona Grey

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”