warranty thoughts

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
mf51y
2nd Gear

warranty thoughts

Post by mf51y » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:07 pm

The Rs4 isnt getting any younger but in our opinion its still looking good:) As far as warranties go the wear and tear clause Audi have with an approved used car is becoming more frequently used for not covering problems. If you buy from an Audi dealer and the car develops a serious fault within the first few months I think you will be fine however after that time or when renewing the following year its a different story. I recently heard of an Rs4 with rear wheel bearing problems and a leaking drc system neither were covered by Audi/Mondial. They flatly refuse any repair down to wear and tear...leaky seals, splits bearings etc are not covered.
Warranty Wise offer cover which appears to cover a lot more than Audi's....wear and tear is covered. I asked if the same car mentioned had their cover what would they do.....if the car turned up with 4 knackered suspension struts and 4 noisy wheel bearings they would say sorry the car is worn out no cover however in the above example they would cover everthing no problems. On the whole they offer the same cover as Audi and include limited wear and tare for a similar price.
Proof is always when its needed.....gamble and put the premium asside and dont cover or I am thinking Warranty Wise? any thoughts or experience :)
Mugello blue avant black optics...Nearly standard...milltek resonated valved, spaced 10 rear 8 front☺

ChrisW
3rd Gear

Re: warranty thoughts

Post by ChrisW » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:21 pm

Ive been asking myself the same question with the imminent arrival of mine. Im of the school of thought that putting aside the equivalent to a hundred quid a month is probably going to work out better for me personally. A lot depends on the condition of the car, your financial situation and your aversion to risk. Should you be in the position that warrants a huge bill (gearbox & engine replacement for e.g) having a warranty will ultimately be the best safety net.

My situation is as follows; low mileage car with good service history and plenty of pro-active maintenance evident, can afford 2-3k a year on upkeep, however whilst a big bill item wouldn't financially ruin me (apart from a new engine!) it would be drawing funds away from other more important areas of my life.. Im thinking that if I save the aforementioned amount I should be covered for general wear and tear. Come the time to sell, if I've got money in the slush fund then happy days!

Having perused many review sites regarding warranty companies, the general consensus is that they often don't pay out with wear and tear items, such as the ones you mention, so be careful.
Current: 07' B7 RS4 Avant
Previous: Mk2 Golf VR6 conversion, Mk2 Golf GTi 16v, Mk2 Golf 1.6 GL Auto, Mk3 Golf R32 conversion, BMW Z4 Coupe, BMW 430d, Audi S3, Defender 90 XS, Alfa Romeo 145

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:51 pm

Yes you will be fine

ChrisW
3rd Gear

Post by ChrisW » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:39 pm

yes he will be fine not bothering?
yes he will be fine taking out a warranty?
yes he will be fine his car won't break down?
Current: 07' B7 RS4 Avant
Previous: Mk2 Golf VR6 conversion, Mk2 Golf GTi 16v, Mk2 Golf 1.6 GL Auto, Mk3 Golf R32 conversion, BMW Z4 Coupe, BMW 430d, Audi S3, Defender 90 XS, Alfa Romeo 145

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:41 pm

1 and 3

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”