really disapointed in my RS4 today

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
NJMAudiRS4
4th Gear

Re: really disapointed in my RS4 today

Post by NJMAudiRS4 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:45 pm

My friend has just bought a 51 plate BMW M3 (E46) and that is more than a match for my RS4 through traffic and vice versa, yet as Cov says after 100 the RS4 is relentless and pulls away with ease after 130 Im at least a cars length infront.

But his 23 year old Lancer EX2000 would out drag both of them !! (it has been stripped and runs an Evo 5 engine) it goes to show you never know what's under the bonnet, and as you say you had a little traffic, an open road and it could have been a different story !!

Let's see his plastic tub have a go down the twistys in the wet !!
Audi RS4 Avant. MRC Stage 2 Manifold, caf, Map, JCWF Manifold back Exhaust with Sports Cats, H&R spacers, 449ps & 483nm

lengster1
Cruising

Post by lengster1 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Your induction kit is probably losing you power added to the fact in stock form b7's aren't very quick,I wasn't at all impressed hence I spent a lot at Mrc to make it feel alive.The b8 is worse in my opinion,it's power is even further up the rev range and you really can be caught napping,only upside is the mega gearbox can dropn3 cogs quickly to stir it up.My car would of been sold years ago if I hadn't sorted the power out n made it what it should be out of the box.

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:54 pm

lengster1 wrote:Your induction kit is probably losing you power added to the fact in stock form b7's aren't very quick,I wasn't at all impressed hence I spent a lot at Mrc to make it feel alive.The b8 is worse in my opinion,it's power is even further up the rev range and you really can be caught napping,only upside is the mega gearbox can dropn3 cogs quickly to stir it up.My car would of been sold years ago if I hadn't sorted the power out n made it what it should be out of the box.
what did you get done at mrc mate

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:55 pm

All of the above! I've had a run in with a a Megane sport and feck me they are quick. Another surprise was a new Golf GTI - had a quick tussle on the way to ADi with one and they are so quick. They weigh less than sheep sh*t so hardly surprising...

The noise form the RS4 wins hands down every time, however...

Select your battles wisely!
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

E14STO
4th Gear

Post by E14STO » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:01 pm

I've come from B5's and GT2's of late. Big turbos and plenty of poke.
I have been caught numerous times in the wrong gear in the RS but when actually firing through the gears from standstill it is v v quick and horrifically loud - I luv it.
Day of purchase a C63 was up my arse and he went round me with ease.
I was in GT2 mode - torque!
Floored it in 6th at 80-90 and he embarrassed me. I guess being auto sport mode His will have cogged down to 4th maybe 3rd! He loved it... B*******d
Needless to say I have learnt to stir the box a bit more than any other car I've owned.

I had another go with a C63 few weeks ago in my B5 and there was nothing in it really. I don't think I changed gear...maybe to 5th once or twice
Current -
R8 V10 Plus
Previous -
C7 RS6 Merlin, JBS stg3
997 Gen2 PDK Turbo
Nissan GTR (JM900R)
B7 RS4 TTS, Sepang, black optics, ceramics, miltek, cold air feed etc etc / leon Cupra
, B5 RS4(avus), 996 GT2, B5 RS4 (Misano), TVR Cerbera 4.5, Evo VII RS Sprint
Nissan GTI-R, Uno Turbo ie

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:11 pm

Your induction kit is probably losing you power added to the fact in stock form b7's aren't very quick,I wasn't at all impressed hence I spent a lot at Mrc to make it feel alive.The b8 is worse in my opinion,it's power is even further up the rev range and you really can be caught napping,only upside is the mega gearbox can dropn3 cogs quickly to stir it up.My car would of been sold years ago if I hadn't sorted the power out n made it what it should be out of the box.
Not so sure about that, one of my mate has a b7 I can leave him no problem off the lights, also you don't get any of that bogging down you get with the b7 clutch

adsgreen
Cruising

Post by adsgreen » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:11 pm

E14STO wrote:Try having a sc one and a mk2 golf with TT engine hang in there with you! Lol. Disappointed - you don't know the meaning of the word! :-)

Not sure about the above comment but not seen video...
Doesn't make sense to me given that the 3rd gear tests are 5.9 in mine compared to 8+ of a standard one.
That's over 2 seconds in one gear...
Maybe my simple logic doesn't equate to what I think it should on the road...
Found it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VkKOZ95aXo

Start in second and you can still see the other car at the end of third. After 4th Doug said about 4 car lengths so under 60'.
Don't get me wrong, it is fast no doubt. My point is that when you look in the rear view mirror it doesn't seem as far as it should.

lengster1
Cruising

Post by lengster1 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:19 pm

The Lot ! Car made 379 on first Dyno sesh and that was with a full milly n sports cats ! pants ! made 430 is with de coke inlet manifold mods and re map,then went cai and no cats and further inlet manifold mods and mapped again on the rollers,cats cock under 460ps,you now have to think a little before full beans,standard you could let your gran give it full beans everywhere.I remember many times saying c'mon c'mon let's go,I came from an aggressively mapped well sorted b5 and had to get the shove back!

lengster1
Cruising

Post by lengster1 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:22 pm

Fair comment against a stock b7, I only compared against my own motor which is unfair as it has plenty of grunt compared to stock ones.

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:22 pm

The belt noise and charger sound is insane... love it...
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

adsgreen
Cruising

Post by adsgreen » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:23 pm

Yeah - it does sound good. :)

type r brad
2nd Gear

Post by type r brad » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:39 am

After wiping tears of laughter then anguish away at 1st post I totally agree...

I bought mine which had lived at MRC all it's life untill previous owner did not carry on taking it there!

So I've had to dig deep last few months getting it back up to speed/spec!

Old RR graph made 436/450 with decoke/stage 2 but I just felt it down on power especially coming from a 520/540 B5 saloon so stuck camera in heads only to see it required another decoke 40k since last one.

So after second dc and map tweek it's made 446/480 :jump:

I would strongly suggest changing MAF as mine was giving readings of really low air flow so Dougie just swapped but it can be a red herring!!

Totally agree with having to wake the old v8 up when your challenged as most of us b7 owners will not be used to the 8500rpm gearshift!

Build your confidence going in to corners as this is where I find mine awesome, go H&R anti roll bar kit front-rear and 10mm/8mm spacers rear/front and agood geom set up.

Time yourself regularly in clear road in sports mode, hold at 3k then bury it timing up to 8k all in 3rd... read article on here that good cars make it in 8-8.5 secs. Mines doing 8.3secs!

Must be flat level road tbf.

Don't be disheartened pal, remember we all have a piece of rare super status Audi which ticks ALL boxes and is very robust reliable piece of kit!!

Oo one more thing, get Milltek DP's :thumbs:
RS4 B5
Avus silver
Loba 600 turbos
Loba 750 clutch
Wagners
B7 brakes
Bilstein pss9's
641bhp/850torques

toyneg
5th Gear

Post by toyneg » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:50 am

This does work the other way too, one of my mates had a DMS Tuned Porker Turbo and in Wales earlier in the year on the back roads, he struggled to keep with me haha
Glacier White 2017 S3 Saloon with all the Tech.
Gone but not forgotten - B7 RS4 Saloon Black - H&R spacers, Tints, Gun Metal Alloys, MRC Stage 2, Pre Cats, Milltek Non Res, K/W Springs, MRC Full Carbon clean - 431ps
previous - B6 A4 1.8T S-Line 215PS

E14STO
4th Gear

Post by E14STO » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Yep, it's all relative.
Take the video posted - I actually thought that was pretty good from a rolling start. Making headway all the way through the gears. Reverse positions and apply same logic and you'd expect a similar result with a sc B7 up against an 750+ hp gtr or similar.

It takes a lot of power to make an impressive dent when your moving at a decent pace!
Current -
R8 V10 Plus
Previous -
C7 RS6 Merlin, JBS stg3
997 Gen2 PDK Turbo
Nissan GTR (JM900R)
B7 RS4 TTS, Sepang, black optics, ceramics, miltek, cold air feed etc etc / leon Cupra
, B5 RS4(avus), 996 GT2, B5 RS4 (Misano), TVR Cerbera 4.5, Evo VII RS Sprint
Nissan GTI-R, Uno Turbo ie

frank
1st Gear

Post by frank » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:58 pm

RS4... road presence, looks, sound, driveability, comfort, gadgets

All outweigh getting pipped to 100 by a Focus IMO

I have a list of cars that keep with me and even catch me out when I am not on the ball. Stage 2 focus ST, stage 2 golf ED30, BMW E92 M3 and mapped 335i.

Not one of them would follow me down a country lane though.
MRC-TTS Supercharged B7 RS4.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”