MRC mods - 2 years on...

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
PJC
Cruising

Re: MRC mods - 2 years on...

Post by PJC » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:36 pm

toyneg wrote:you'll still struggle to keep up with a Renault Megane RS around the ring, whether you have 400 or 430ps haha! believe me ;-)
For those is the know its like a mini GT3 RS

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:48 pm

chuckiceman wrote:Do you feel I would really notice a difference over the AMD map even if it didn't produce much more BHP?
If you're after more power then forget about the remap, that's not what it's about. You might gain 10bhp or so but in the grand scheme of things (circa 400bhp) it's barely noticable. What you will notice though is full power in the lower gears and an instant throttle response in Sport mode that makes it feel like a turbo car on boost.
I'm pretty sure Riv had an AmD map on his B7 before the MRC one so he can tell you how different they are.

chuckiceman
1st Gear

Post by chuckiceman » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Ah ok, thanks for your response. Ill give him a msg and see what he says. Others had mentioned about the MRC map and de-restriction in the first gears. As I didn't get the AMD map done I wasn't sure if they did something similar. I spent minimal time in other RS4's when searching for mine so I don't really have anything to compare mine against.
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | Carbon Clean | De-flapped | Non Res Milltek | MTM Spacers |

toyneg
5th Gear

Post by toyneg » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:22 pm

I've had both AMD and MRC stage 2 on mine and MRC is noticeably different!
Glacier White 2017 S3 Saloon with all the Tech.
Gone but not forgotten - B7 RS4 Saloon Black - H&R spacers, Tints, Gun Metal Alloys, MRC Stage 2, Pre Cats, Milltek Non Res, K/W Springs, MRC Full Carbon clean - 431ps
previous - B6 A4 1.8T S-Line 215PS

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:32 pm

AdrianD wrote:I'm not so sure this is all about carbon... Yes the power should be down but to go back to the same bhp as before the mods after 9000 miles?
Adrian you mentioned you went for gutted precats, etc as part of the stage 2. Most people seem to remark at what a changed car it is. Maybe it's worth getting AMD to check the precats when they are doing your charger. You could also check the MAF output if you have vagcom or get AMD to do that too.

I'm not making any accusations against MRC with that BTW, they are very highly regarded. I would just expect you to have noticed a big improvement immediately on the day (and an increased exhaust note).

chuckiceman
1st Gear

Post by chuckiceman » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:00 pm

toyneg wrote:I've had both AMD and MRC stage 2 on mine and MRC is noticeably different!
What sort of differences did you notice and where? Was it just from the MRC remap you noticed the differences or did they do the carbon clean at the same time?
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | Carbon Clean | De-flapped | Non Res Milltek | MTM Spacers |

coffey555
5th Gear

Post by coffey555 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:26 pm

marc1 wrote:
AdrianD wrote:I'm not so sure this is all about carbon... Yes the power should be down but to go back to the same bhp as before the mods after 9000 miles?
Adrian you mentioned you went for gutted precats, etc as part of the stage 2. Most people seem to remark at what a changed car it is. Maybe it's worth getting AMD to check the precats when they are doing your charger. You could also check the MAF output if you have vagcom or get AMD to do that too.

I'm not making any accusations against MRC with that BTW, they are very highly regarded. I would just expect you to have noticed a big improvement immediately on the day (and an increased exhaust note).
I think Adrian is getting QST to fit his charger. Hopefully fitting a supercharger will just blow the carbon clean off the inlet valves........
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

toyneg
5th Gear

Post by toyneg » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:30 pm

chuckiceman wrote:
toyneg wrote:I've had both AMD and MRC stage 2 on mine and MRC is noticeably different!
What sort of differences did you notice and where? Was it just from the MRC remap you noticed the differences or did they do the carbon clean at the same time?
I did have the carbon clean done at the same time, the difference is the MRC map in sport mode, the throttle is very sensitive and the torque limiter in the 1st 3 gears is removed, the car just pulls with a lot more urgency and ferocity, the AMD map, I didn't notice any difference to when it was standard if I'm honest
Glacier White 2017 S3 Saloon with all the Tech.
Gone but not forgotten - B7 RS4 Saloon Black - H&R spacers, Tints, Gun Metal Alloys, MRC Stage 2, Pre Cats, Milltek Non Res, K/W Springs, MRC Full Carbon clean - 431ps
previous - B6 A4 1.8T S-Line 215PS

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:53 pm

coffey555 wrote:
marc1 wrote:

I think Adrian is getting QST to fit his charger. Hopefully fitting a supercharger will just blow the carbon clean off the inlet valves........
Yep, wrote AMD in error (memory not as it was, lol). Agreed hopefully the charger will keep it at bay and give significant gains on top!

RossDagley
Top Gear

Post by RossDagley » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:07 pm

PaulRS4 wrote:
toyneg wrote:you'll still struggle to keep up with a Renault Megane RS around the ring, whether you have 400 or 430ps haha! believe me ;-)
For those is the know its like a mini GT3 RS
I run consistent low nines to mid eights (traffic dependant) and still occasionally get passed by both Suzuki swifts and meganes...

They carry an UNREAL amount of speed through corners.
Believe only the man who has nothing to gain from what he says.

2017 BMW M4 Competition Pack - Mineral Grey - 530ps by bootmod3, JCWeldfab exhaust.
Previously:
Renault Megane R26 - Liquid Yellow - 275ps.
2015 Audi Exclusive RS4 B8 - Merlin Purple - JCWF Exhaust
2009 Audi RS6 C6 - Phantom Black - 730ps MRC Tuned
2008 Audi RS4 B7 - Phantom Black - 449ps MRC Tuned
2002 Peugeot 106 Gti - Mauritius blue - 430ps Home built.

AdrianD
4th Gear

Post by AdrianD » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:41 pm

marc1 wrote:
coffey555 wrote:
Yep, wrote AMD in error (memory not as it was, lol). Agreed hopefully the charger will keep it at bay and give significant gains on top!
If when its all apart Kim advises it needs another carbon clean then i may as well get it done... will be interesting to see exactly how bad it is... i'm kinda hoping i might be able to feel the power difference when i collect it this time as well ;-)
2010 911 Turbo PDK.
Gone but not forgotten... Sprint Blue B7 RS4 with all the toys :)
20" AG M310's | TTS Supercharged | MRC Stage 3 | Sach's Clutch | Lightened / balanced flywheel | High Pressure Fuel Pumps | KW V3's Coilovers | De-Cat + Valved Milltek | DeCoked | Launch Control | Flat Shift | Cold Air Feed Induction.

S4Player
Top Gear

Post by S4Player » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:54 pm

You'll feel the torque almost instantly mate even my initial m90 install surprised me and that was pish compared to today's offerings
1*** hp TTE C6 rs6 saloon and the ultimate WB B5

TonyHayers
5th Gear

Post by TonyHayers » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:55 pm

Adrian: did MRC let you test drive the new map? could you not tell any difference at the time?
06 Phantom Black Saloon:
DONE: Water Meth Injection, Carbon clean at 64k, CAI, Gutted Precats, Non-res x-pipe, H&R 8mm spacers, H&R springs
^ GONE :cry:

AdrianD
4th Gear

Post by AdrianD » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:11 am

TonyHayers wrote:Adrian: did MRC let you test drive the new map? could you not tell any difference at the time?
Nope & nope... I can remember clear as day the guilt i had spending that amount and driving home and not being able to feel any difference... This is the first time I've admitted it and never to the wife lol...
2010 911 Turbo PDK.
Gone but not forgotten... Sprint Blue B7 RS4 with all the toys :)
20" AG M310's | TTS Supercharged | MRC Stage 3 | Sach's Clutch | Lightened / balanced flywheel | High Pressure Fuel Pumps | KW V3's Coilovers | De-Cat + Valved Milltek | DeCoked | Launch Control | Flat Shift | Cold Air Feed Induction.

jaysrs4
5th Gear

Post by jaysrs4 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:01 am

AdrianD wrote:
TonyHayers wrote:Adrian: did MRC let you test drive the new map? could you not tell any difference at the time?
Nope & nope... I can remember clear as day the guilt i had spending that amount and driving home and not being able to feel any difference... This is the first time I've admitted it and never to the wife lol...
I think we need to set up a 'closed group' for this kind of thing. We can all sit in a circle with a cuppa and a biscuit and take turns just 'letting it all out'. There's no need to be ashamed :audibash:

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”