Sprint saloon my mods

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
MikeFish
Cruising

Re: Sprint saloon my mods

Post by MikeFish » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:08 pm

How is the join on the upper window trims holding up? I did my whole upper window trim as one piece cos I was worried about it peeling at the join, but I noticed you decided to do it in 2 pieces.

Car is looking sorted now! Always thought sprint blue looks better with black optics. Actually I think all colours do.
Last edited by MikeFish on Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TonyHayers
5th Gear

Post by TonyHayers » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:30 pm

The guy who wrapped mine put a cut in that join too as he said otherwise it would start to loosen.
06 Phantom Black Saloon:
DONE: Water Meth Injection, Carbon clean at 64k, CAI, Gutted Precats, Non-res x-pipe, H&R 8mm spacers, H&R springs
^ GONE :cry:

Robnic
3rd Gear

Post by Robnic » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:27 pm

Hi yeah have to agree black ops for me on any colour but really like it on sprint if done with tit pack.
My god you have good eyes ha - that was a school boy error I did the door trims first and had my full long roll left I'd purposely bought to do the full length and only cutting where the trims split BUT I cut the excess off the roll Doh! Said at the time I'd redo it over winter but TonyH was right took me bloody ages as my own car is always last to get attention grrr :)
B7 RS4 MTM K540 Sprint loon, Lysholm/Opcon twin-screw supercharger, Ceramics, HEL Hoses, Loba SM Fly, Sachs performance clutch kit, MTM full stainless exhaust system with freeflow cats & quad valved tailpipes, Hotchkis ARB's, Bilstein B16 Coil Overs, LED Rear lights, Interior & LED 50W DRL's, Buckets in race cloth, Black optics, FBSW, Titanium pack, Solar Sunroof, Adaptive lights, MTM 10mm spacers Fr & Rr, 193 Nav unit, 2nd careful owner :-)

flying_tomatoes
2nd Gear

Post by flying_tomatoes » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:31 pm

I love those tail lights! Never seen those before!

great looking car too mate. first ive seen that MTM blower on the forums
2007 RS4 - Bagged and Blown. IG: @Flying_Tomatoes

Robnic
3rd Gear

Post by Robnic » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:25 am

Hi Steve,

Thanks bud, must say your flying tom looks stunning :thumbs:

As far as I'm aware there is only one other MTM charged RS in the UK a sprint convertible, I would like to try mine on the strip next year - be interesting to see how it compares to the TTS ones...

Rob
B7 RS4 MTM K540 Sprint loon, Lysholm/Opcon twin-screw supercharger, Ceramics, HEL Hoses, Loba SM Fly, Sachs performance clutch kit, MTM full stainless exhaust system with freeflow cats & quad valved tailpipes, Hotchkis ARB's, Bilstein B16 Coil Overs, LED Rear lights, Interior & LED 50W DRL's, Buckets in race cloth, Black optics, FBSW, Titanium pack, Solar Sunroof, Adaptive lights, MTM 10mm spacers Fr & Rr, 193 Nav unit, 2nd careful owner :-)

Robnic
3rd Gear

Post by Robnic » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:14 pm

Arriving at AITP, I've since fitted the Ceramics, HEL braided brake lines and I have the Bilstein PSS9 B16 coil over kit sat here, I will be fitting those soon plus some other minor mods so I will update the thread then. It is possibly having a feature in Audi Tuner mag soon to :)
IMG_3176.JPG

Robnic
3rd Gear

Post by Robnic » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:03 am

To tackle the sticky clutch problem that causes a few issues we have had a result changing the flexi hose in the clutch pipe from the master to the slave cylinder, this pipe comes from Audi complete with the metal pipe either side of it (No 26 in the parts catalogue) We have found the pipe fails internally resricting the oil flow to return (most likely due to the heat) which in turn causes the clutch to disengage too slowly not clamping the pressure plate fully if you are accelerating hard you will experience slip, clutches don't need to slip many times before they are fubared!

The pipe unscrews from the metal ones either side so you don't require any parts from Audi, the one's we have made are PTFE Teflon coated internally with a stainless steel overbraid, whenever we fit a new clutch we won't refit the gearbox without fitting this modified pipe.
Modified pipe.jpg
Attachments
454721300.png

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:28 am

Are these pipes for sale?
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

Robnic
3rd Gear

Post by Robnic » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:38 am

Hi David,

They can be, email me at the garage I will get back to you with a price - sales@nicholsonmotors.co.uk

Cheers

Rob

gt2
3rd Gear

Post by gt2 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:38 pm

So it's a gearbox out job to change this pipe?

Robnic
3rd Gear

Post by Robnic » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:48 pm

Hi Dave,

Yes ideally, you may be able to change it if the tailstock of the box is lowered but not sure as we have only changed them when the box is out...

Rob

gt2
3rd Gear

Post by gt2 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:31 pm

Robnic wrote:Hi Dave,

Yes ideally, you may be able to change it if the tailstock of the box is lowered but not sure as we have only changed them when the box is out...

Rob
Might be worth a go before replacing a clutch tho hey. Cheers rob

audi_do_dat_den
3rd Gear

Post by audi_do_dat_den » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:11 am

I put a set of the same rear lights in as you have there, and i keep getting drivers behind me flashing their lights thinking i have my fog lights on.... :bash:
Really annoying but im not changing them out for the originals.... they look too good to ditch!

Robnic
3rd Gear

Post by Robnic » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:20 am

gt2 - yeah maybe but if you do go into the clutch I would recommend changing the guide tube the release bearing runs on as well

audi_do_dat_den - I really like them they are good quality and I prefer them to the look of the usual Dectane ones, can't say I've noticed anyone flashing me but the SC keeps peeps off my tail :jump:

cheers guys

R

rob-s
3rd Gear

Post by rob-s » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:21 am

To tackle the sticky clutch problem that causes a few issues we have had a result changing the flexi hose in the clutch pipe from the master to the slave cylinder, this pipe comes from Audi complete with the metal pipe either side of it (No 26 in the parts catalogue) We have found the pipe fails internally resricting the oil flow to return (most likely due to the heat) which in turn causes the clutch to disengage too slowly
I remember that it was reported that item 26A from the picture also causes similar symptoms. Do you replace that one as well?
Daytona Grey B8.5 & Guards Red 981 / Ex.Audi RS4 B7 Sedan, Daytona Grey.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”