MOT = sleepless night

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
R1RS4
5th Gear

MOT = sleepless night

Post by R1RS4 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:24 pm

I thought I would just share as it may help others

Well for me it's that time of year where the MOT's due and running nearer the expiry day, your thought sstart running into overdrive, sweating at night, etc

Shall I go to the stealers where I get told "all ok sir .... "Apart from one thing"... Your heart skips a beat,,,, ££££ notes blur your vision "you need a new D R C system" only 5k with good will "sir" so we knew you would go for it so we have started...

Or do I go to the local Autoretard centre? Kwik bucks, or National Liars?

Well I am glad to say none of them, I came across an article on the internetweb&all and it came up on some money saving idea about getting an MOT done by your local council yes they have VOSA centres open to the public, and the reason why I thought I would give it a go, as apart from doing an MOT they do not gain anything from failing a perfectly road worthy vehicle, because they do not undertake repairs

So I booked in to Gulidford today, and turn up greated by the tester, and 3 of his team mates, they very impressed with the car, they knew all about RS4's

I watched the guy get into my car, started it no over revving, just purred into the test centre, plenty of space, I am happy I will go for a coffee, be about 40 mins one guy shouts out

Returns 40 mins later, 4 guys standing round the car, love these cars. Well looked after, is it limited to 155? Wait guys how did it do?..... No probs and no advisories, sound car....phew I'm there for another year YES

So it costs £54.80 no discounts, car was looked after by a group of lads that love the car, great service very happy
RS4 B7 Avant,2007
Metallic black, Black optics pack, Black gloss Wheels, Milltek black tipped -valved, MRC Installed TTS Supercharger 610ps/626nm, MRC stage 3 remap, CAF, DRC/SS+ with H&R spacers, carbon race splitter, carbon trim

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Re: MOT = sleepless night

Post by Surrey Sam » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:51 pm

Good news mate, you shouldn't have doubted your car :D

I personally like to use Audi as you then get MOT protection for any subsequent MOT failures up to £750 in value, it's also transferable to the new owner should you ever decide to sell up - cost is £50 for MOT inc protection.

Further details - https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/serv ... t/mot.html
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

R1RS4
5th Gear

Post by R1RS4 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:10 pm

That's a good deal from Audi I did not know of that, I suppose If you have had it from new its nots so bad or you take the hit on the first MOT then going forward it suits

Last year Audi said the clips on my hand brake needed changing at a cost of £350 as it was an MOT failure, took it away did them in 20 minutes

This year when having my service done they said one of the dust covers on the DRC shocks need changing @ £320 so told them to leave it, it's just got its MOT So for me I am not totally happy with the stealers, I prefer it if I am asking them to do work that I cannot undertake

I thought my car would pass but there's this in built worry that someone finds something there not happy with ... You have your emissions test too
RS4 B7 Avant,2007
Metallic black, Black optics pack, Black gloss Wheels, Milltek black tipped -valved, MRC Installed TTS Supercharger 610ps/626nm, MRC stage 3 remap, CAF, DRC/SS+ with H&R spacers, carbon race splitter, carbon trim

The_Coat
4th Gear

Post by The_Coat » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:23 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:Good news mate, you shouldn't have doubted your car :D

I personally like to use Audi as you then get MOT protection for any subsequent MOT failures up to £750 in value, it's also transferable to the new owner should you ever decide to sell up - cost is £50 for MOT inc protection.

I had my MOT done at the stealers a couple of months ago and they told me they don't so the MOT protection anymore.
RS4 Avant - Misano Red

R1RS4
5th Gear

Post by R1RS4 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:33 pm

The_Coat wrote:

I had my MOT done at the stealers a couple of months ago and they told me they don't so the MOT protection anymore.
I wonder then if that is stealer dependant then?

Also need to check my warranty to see what it says re MOT failure (WD)
RS4 B7 Avant,2007

adsgreen
Cruising

Post by adsgreen » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:24 pm

I've got four kids and tbh I felt more nervous waiting for the rs4 mot! And that feeling when you get the news 'no problems' is just bliss... And then you get into the car, start the v8 and the world is a better place :)

R1RS4
5th Gear

Post by R1RS4 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:31 pm

adsgreen wrote:I've got four kids and tbh I felt more nervous waiting for the rs4 mot! And that feeling when you get the news 'no problems' is just bliss... And then you get into the car, start the v8 and the world is a better place :)
+1 spot on, it is exactly that

We should know our cars but there's always that doubt, plus how your going to get it done if it fails ASAP so you can keep it legally on the Road, and the cost
RS4 B7 Avant,2007

The_Coat
4th Gear

Post by The_Coat » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:39 pm

R1RS4 wrote:
The_Coat wrote:

I wonder then if that is stealer dependant then?

Also need to check my warranty to see what it says re MOT failure (WD)
I'm not sure mate, I had it the year before and when I was paying for this years I just mentioned it. The guy said it was done via Audi Uk and they stopped it,but don't quote me in that.

MOT was done end of July.

Maybe phone your local stealer up and see what they say. I have an Audi warranty on mine but the MOT protection was also nice to have.
RS4 Avant - Misano Red

MB2
Top Gear

Post by MB2 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:50 pm

I had the same last year but told them I wanted the cover and they looked into it and a while later sent me a letter (from Audi warranty services) advising I was covered so I would challenge them on it - I expect it isn't being actively promoted anymore.

R1RS4
5th Gear

Post by R1RS4 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:30 pm

MB2 wrote:I had the same last year but told them I wanted the cover and they looked into it and a while later sent me a letter (from Audi warranty services) advising I was covered so I would challenge them on it - I expect it isn't being actively promoted anymore.
If you have the Audi set up for your MOT its probably the best way to obtain a ticket year in year out, definately not the cheapest

Again I suppose if your willing to undertake some of your car maintenance like myself where possible then the non Audi route is best, others that do not want the hassle, or are ok with the Stealers costs why take it anywhere else?

Interesting
RS4 B7 Avant,2007

R1RS4
5th Gear

Post by R1RS4 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:32 pm

Just thinking on about the Audi MOT route, what are the stipulations from Audi? It would to have the servicing undertaken by them, but what else?
RS4 B7 Avant,2007

lma07
3rd Gear

Post by lma07 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:07 pm

Is it up to vehicles of 7 or 8 years old? I still have protection on mine. It's an 07.

RossDagley
Top Gear

Post by RossDagley » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:08 am

Mine sailed through its MOT today with two "advisories".

Under-trays fitted obscuring some underside components"
"Engine covers fitted obscuring some components in the engine bay"

Yeah. I think I can live with some MOT station ass covering :D
Believe only the man who has nothing to gain from what he says.

2017 BMW M4 Competition Pack - Mineral Grey - 530ps by bootmod3, JCWeldfab exhaust.
Previously:
Renault Megane R26 - Liquid Yellow - 275ps.
2015 Audi Exclusive RS4 B8 - Merlin Purple - JCWF Exhaust
2009 Audi RS6 C6 - Phantom Black - 730ps MRC Tuned
2008 Audi RS4 B7 - Phantom Black - 449ps MRC Tuned
2002 Peugeot 106 Gti - Mauritius blue - 430ps Home built.

R1RS4
5th Gear

Post by R1RS4 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:41 am

RossDagley wrote:Mine sailed through its MOT today with two "advisories".

Under-trays fitted obscuring some underside components"
"Engine covers fitted obscuring some components in the engine bay"

Yeah. I think I can live with some MOT station ass covering :D
Going forward perhaps we could have covers made up for the DRC units, exhaust, in fact box everything in and just get 1 advisory

Well done mate good news on your car for another year
RS4 B7 Avant,2007

RossDagley
Top Gear

Post by RossDagley » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:23 am

Haha it's funny you should say that! Just this morning I was thinking I need an entire underbody cover and an entire engine cover. Then they can just test brake light/seatbelt functions etc :p
Believe only the man who has nothing to gain from what he says.

2017 BMW M4 Competition Pack - Mineral Grey - 530ps by bootmod3, JCWeldfab exhaust.
Previously:
Renault Megane R26 - Liquid Yellow - 275ps.
2015 Audi Exclusive RS4 B8 - Merlin Purple - JCWF Exhaust
2009 Audi RS6 C6 - Phantom Black - 730ps MRC Tuned
2008 Audi RS4 B7 - Phantom Black - 449ps MRC Tuned
2002 Peugeot 106 Gti - Mauritius blue - 430ps Home built.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”