Part number for Bluetooth module on MKII RNSE

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
kd
3rd Gear

Part number for Bluetooth module on MKII RNSE

Post by kd » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:36 am

Hi I have tried to search this but being abroad on a crappy GPRS data signal isn't helping much :-(

I have my car in with my mechanic for the Bluetooth install but unfortunately the module was damaged so am looking for another module. I am picking the car back up on the weekend from him so if I can get him the right module in the next day or so he can get it sorted. Before I buy one I just wanted to see if there is a specific one for the MKII RNSE? Mine is the OEM with the mat black trim and rubber buttons. (If that helps). It's only when I was searching modules to replace this with that I saw quite a few variations on part numbers so thought I better check with anyone that knows before getting one.

Sorry if this has been asked and I couldn't locate in the search!

Thanks KD

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Re: Part number for Bluetooth module on MKII RNSE

Post by Surrey Sam » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:18 pm

Forum member Petrol Dave is the Oracle on all things RNS-e around here.

I'm not aware of any compatibility issues though when it comes to the Bluetooth modules and the Mk2 RNS-e - it just needs to be coded correctly. When searching for one, I went for the latest firmware I could find to try and future proof the car as much as possible, this unit just happened to come from a 2013 A3.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:49 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:I'm not aware of any compatibility issues though when it comes to the Bluetooth modules and the Mk2 RNS-e - it just needs to be coded correctly. When searching for one, I went for the latest firmware I could find to try and future proof the car as much as possible, this unit just happened to come from a 2013 A3.
+1

I always advise people to go for the latest version of thew BT module they can get, as they are more likely to be compatible with newer phones.

Of preference go for an 8P1 862 335 instead of the earlier 8P0 862 335 units.

See http://audiforum.us/threads/audi-blueto ... bers.6858/ for the most complete list of part numbers I know of.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

kd
3rd Gear

Post by kd » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi both thank you so much. This is exactly what I needed.

Really appreciated.

Kd

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”