Proud Newbie :D but need some advice

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
kd
3rd Gear

Re: Proud Newbie :D but need some advice

Post by kd » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:46 pm

MikeFish wrote:I doubt you can steal the seats through the window without having to remove the steering wheel 1st so with stolen buckets I'd expect any steering wheel to be taken regardless of type.
Its most certainly possible :-( How they do it is also beyond me. I had some scuffing on my steering wheel and only my drivers side was smashed so they got them both out the drivers door.

daani8112
Neutral

Post by daani8112 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:24 am

kd wrote:
MikeFish wrote:I doubt you can steal the seats through the window without having to remove the steering wheel 1st so with stolen buckets I'd expect any steering wheel to be taken regardless of type.
Its most certainly possible :-( How they do it is also beyond me. I had some scuffing on my steering wheel and only my drivers side was smashed so they got them both out the drivers door.

where are you based as I believe most of these thefts were down London sides as I haven't heard of many up here in the north west as much.
Atleast they left your steering wheel.. mine was missing seats, steering, gearknob and pedals aswell.. so they certainly had a lot of time.
Just waiting to order some original pedals and it's ready Image
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411806224.396565.jpg

kd
3rd Gear

Post by kd » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:19 am

Wow they really went to town with yours! Yes I am in SW London and there were lots of them at the time mine happened. Not sure if its slowed down but haven't heard of it as much recently. Good luck with your car. Its one car that I really look forward to driving. After I had the carbon clean and a few sensors replaced it is just absolutely nuts. Have certainly have a new found admiration for these cars again :-)

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”