VCDS owners near Cheltenham?

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
coupe_bloke
Neutral

VCDS owners near Cheltenham?

Post by coupe_bloke » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:21 pm

I've got a warning light I'd like to investigate. Thinking about purchasing a VCDS but would be good to see it in action if anyone local has one and would be willing to meet up?

Thanks

Ben

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Re: VCDS owners near Cheltenham?

Post by Surrey Sam » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:54 pm

Looks like a few of us will be at ADI (Castle Coombe) on 11 Oct, I can bring mine to the event if you're planning on going?

What warning light is it that you have on?
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

coupe_bloke
Neutral

Post by coupe_bloke » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:54 pm

Thanks Sam

Ideally I'd prefer to look at it sooner than drive far with it on (although it doesn't seem to have affected anything!). It's the emissions light - my guess is a MAF sensor may need cleaning or replacing.

Any reason not to go for something like this second hand?
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... 1081034041

Cheers

Ben

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:17 am

Ben,

When you say emissions light do you mean the yellow engine management light? If so, it could be a variety of things and best pull the codes to be sure. MAF's are pretty good when left alone and in standard air intakes, the secondary air injection system is a more known problem area linked to that.

Can't really comment on the lead, if it's a genuine second hand Ross Tech one then it would be a steal at that price! Most likely it's a non-genuine one and there have been reported problems where they don't quite give full operability. Should be ok for pulling a codes, but for further diagnostics and coding work I'd stick with the genuine items, mine has paid for itself numerous times over.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:05 am

Surrey Sam wrote:Can't really comment on the lead, if it's a genuine second hand Ross Tech one then it would be a steal at that price! Most likely it's a non-genuine one and there have been reported problems where they don't quite give full operability. Should be ok for pulling a codes, but for further diagnostics and coding work I'd stick with the genuine items, mine has paid for itself numerous times over.
+1

Get a genuine Ross-Tech lead, if that one on gumtree is one then it's a total bargain. Other leads tend to be either unreliable or have limited functionality.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

dane
Neutral

Post by dane » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:02 pm

I know this is a bit old now but I was just reading up on B7's after the sale of my B5 RS and spotted this thread - I have full VCDS and I live in Cheltenham - let me know if you still need a hand ;) - feel free to pm me.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”