standard air intake

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
neilparf
Cruising

Re: standard air intake

Post by neilparf » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:05 pm

MikeFish wrote:Oh if you have gutted pre-cats and no remap that'll be your problem not the air filter.
Gutted pre cats - ah, should've mentioned that - yes it'll be no re-map that'll be the problem.

JCWF spun the Lambda's 180 on mine and the 24 hours I drove it without a MRC stage 2 map, it never threw a CEL...

But Jay, a re-map will sort and honestly it'll feel different car altogether...
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:16 pm

how much power gain etcetc will i get from remap lads

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:20 pm

Remap, remap, remap!
The money you'd have spent on a new filter box and filter will be nearly the price of a remap.

You'll get about 10 bhp maybe (can't remember ) but it's not about the power, it's about the throttle response in sport mode and full power in the lower gears. So full power more often and it comes quicker.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 pm

Think turbo car on boost!

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:26 pm

now you got me going lads lol how much for a remap roughly

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:30 pm

I think MRC is £650 but it's the best.

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:35 pm

Jay - all that Mike mentions. I reckon you'll get more than 10BHP - I dyno'd 362PS before then 434 after with WAY more NM torque.

MRC Stage 2 'sport on' is like Mike says - Turbo on boost. I was literally shocked when I drove it after leaving MRC. It is indeed what the RS4 was meant to feel like.

Jay, you will not regret it and MRC is the best. Do not bother with fannying elsewhere...

£650 inc VAT!!!!!!!!
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:38 pm

glen at revolution in newcastle said they could do it for £600.mrc a canny hike i think lads,maybe i could stop for a brew neil if i go there mate lol

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:42 pm

geordie jay wrote:glen at revolution in newcastle said they could do it for £600.mrc a canny hike i think lads,maybe i could stop for a brew neil if i go there mate lol
Yes, I can make a culpa but I;m a further 120 miles south!

Nowt against the Revolutions boys, but Doug's map is the one...

It'd be a great hike back!

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:47 pm

where exactly is mrc,how long do they need car for neil?

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:49 pm

geordie jay wrote:where exactly is mrc,how long do they need car for neil?
Banbury and I reckon, if it;s just a remap I'm sticking my neck out and they may with warning do it in a day - I know Sync24 did that.

Not sure on your carbon situation but of you need a clean then it'll be longer...

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:01 pm

neilparf wrote:
geordie jay wrote:glen at revolution in newcastle said they could do it for £600.mrc a canny hike i think lads,maybe i could stop for a brew neil if i go there mate lol
Yes, I can make a culpa but I;m a further 120 miles south!

Nowt against the Revolutions boys, but Doug's map is the one...

It'd be a great hike back!
This^^^^^

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:08 pm

neilparf wrote:
Banbury and I reckon, if it;s just a remap I'm sticking my neck out and they may with warning do it in a day - I know Sync24 did that.

Not sure on your carbon situation but of you need a clean then it'll be longer...
If you've never heard of Banbury it's near Oxford.

I'd say a remap is only an hour or 2 but I don't know if they will do you at a certain time or not so probably involve a bit of waiting, they may eve nsay the whole day and do it when they can if they are busy.

I had my passenger side aux rad replaced for new, the drivers side removed and a cold air feed fitted, gutted my pre-cats, fitted a cat-back exhaust made up of 2 different systems that involved some fabrication and a remap all done in a day... and they didn't even start till late, but he did have to stay late to finish the map due to the unexpected fabrication involved. So can they do a remap in a day? Yes, easily. If you speak to Doug and tell him how far you are coming I'm sure he will arrange something to suit you.

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:12 pm

MikeFish wrote:
neilparf wrote:

If you've never heard of Banbury it's near Oxford.

I'd say a remap is only an hour or 2 but I don't know if they will do you at a certain time or not so probably involve a bit of waiting, they may eve nsay the whole day and do it when they can if they are busy.

I had my passenger side aux rad replaced for new, the drivers side removed and a cold air feed fitted, gutted my pre-cats, fitted a cat-back exhaust made up of 2 different systems that involved some fabrication and a remap all done in a day... and they didn't even start till late, but he did have to stay late to finish the map due to the unexpected fabrication involved. So can they do a remap in a day? Yes, easily. If you speak to Doug and tell him how far you are coming I'm sure he will arrange something to suit you.
Doug is very accommodating and like mike mentions, he'll sort you out if you travel far..

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:20 pm

its a 500 mile round trip fellas lol thats 20 tanks of fuel :biggrin3: :bash: :jump_clap:

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”