opened up a complaint with audi today!!!

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
RIV
Cruising

Re: opened up a complaint with audi today!!!

Post by RIV » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:27 pm

:bigblink:

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:37 pm

Fantastic result Jay!!!!
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:50 pm

cheers neil :thumbs:

wrekka
5th Gear

Post by wrekka » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:41 pm

Great news - well done. Nice to hear a good ending for a change!
Sold: 2012 RS3 APR St2 exclusive buckets!
Sold: 2014 Audi S4 Avant Black Edition (too slow as a stock car-doesn't sound good);
2016 RS6 performance with Non-res milltek (gutted to sell it) ;
2014 C7, Misano c6 mrc stage 2. AAS Custom Exhaust, cat bypass, itg filters. 731ps 1058nm. Superrbike quick!
TTS RS4 -amazing machine,
Previous:
many, many cars; all great and well-remembered!

colb
Neutral

Post by colb » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:56 pm

Just going through the same issue with Audi! Found paint "bubbling" on bonnet.
Took it into Highland Audi and got the same deal, 70% from Audi & 30% from myself. This was covering the repairs. Collected the car after almost 4 weeks????
Found they had replaced the bonnet (£800 + Vat) & the 2 wings (£380 + Vat each), didn't tell me that they were replacing them.
Got in touch with Audi UK and they are speaking with Highland Audi. My argument is why should I be asked to contribute for a warranty claim, worse is not being told the parts were being replaced and not repaired as initially informed.
First class job done and the car looks like new again........ worried that the corrosion issue is the signs of things to come at a later date again.
Paint Shop also informed me that this is not the first time there have been issues with aluminium body parts...... including R8's too.

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:16 pm

my argument was why should a 60-70k car start corroding after 7yrs its mad.now they pulled this 3yr warranty excuse crap out the hat,,basically the 12yr intial warranty means <beep>!!!

Audi Pardner
4th Gear

Post by Audi Pardner » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:08 pm

Had mine down at my stealer's for its MoT last week and raised the matter of a small patch of corrosion at the bottom of the o/s front wing near the door. They took photos and are sending it off to Audi UK for assessment.

Will post the response when they get back to me!
Misano Red B7 RS4 Avant. 20" Rotors. KW adjustable spring kit. 8 & 10mm H&R spacers. MRC Stage 2 remap. Pre-cat delete & x-pipe.

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:25 pm

well finally got some good news got a date when its going in....roll on november 3rd,the bad news is i kurbed one of me alloys tonight,,got home and me mother was there and she parked on drive so it was the road for me but parked to near so when i got back in i reversed and stupitly turned the wheel ahhhhhhh what a horrible noise so a bit p&%$£%ed off,what a :knob: :bash: :bash: :bash: :boohoo: :thumbsdown:

Audi Pardner
4th Gear

Post by Audi Pardner » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:32 pm

geordie jay wrote:well finally got some good news got a date when its going in....roll on november 3rd,the bad news is i kurbed one of me alloys tonight,,got home and me mother was there and she parked on drive so it was the road for me but parked to near so when i got back in i reversed and stupitly turned the wheel ahhhhhhh what a horrible noise so a bit p&%$£%ed off,what a :knob: :bash: :bash: :bash: :boohoo: :thumbsdown:
Yep, kerbing the rims is a real pi$$er. I did two of mine only a few weeks after getting them refurbed :knob: :FIREdevil:
Misano Red B7 RS4 Avant. 20" Rotors. KW adjustable spring kit. 8 & 10mm H&R spacers. MRC Stage 2 remap. Pre-cat delete & x-pipe.

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:43 pm

Audi Pardner wrote:
geordie jay wrote:well finally got some good news got a date when its going in....roll on november 3rd,the bad news is i kurbed one of me alloys tonight,,got home and me mother was there and she parked on drive so it was the road for me but parked to near so when i got back in i reversed and stupitly turned the wheel ahhhhhhh what a horrible noise so a bit p&%$£%ed off,what a :knob: :bash: :bash: :bash: :boohoo: :thumbsdown:
Yep, kerbing the rims is a real pi$$er. I did two of mine only a few weeks after getting them refurbed :knob: :FIREdevil:
arrr mate i was so annoyed with my self!!! gutted infact....its not actually a big scratch but i know its there now lol

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:50 pm

My wife can kerb the alloys on our daily like she won £100 every time she did it!

I'd never let her near the RS4!
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:11 pm

my lass is learning to drive and said the other day.......cant wait to drive yours when i pass my test..ehh...what!! it took me 20mins to scrape myself off the floor,i laughed that much!!

steview
2nd Gear

Post by steview » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:10 pm

Did they say how long it would be in the bodyshop? Just waiting for a date to get mine in too.
Thank you Audi goodwill eh.

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:21 pm

steview wrote:Did they say how long it would be in the bodyshop? Just waiting for a date to get mine in too.
Thank you Audi goodwill eh.
if you havent had phone call yet steve it gunna be after mine fella,the earliest they can do mine is november 3rd.is it silverlink you taking it to??? did you have to pay anything like the usual 30% they ask for?..im getting a courtesy car so not really bothered how long they have it for but expecting a week as im getting extra work done.

cheers jay

steview
2nd Gear

Post by steview » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:16 pm

Yes using Silverlink. No phonecall from bodyshop yet but spoke to dealer today and reckons a 6 week wait as really busy. He reckoned just a day to fit 2 new wings and repaint which I think is a bit optimistic considering its Avus silver and not easy to match paint. Luckily they're doing it FOC they say as I'm a previous customer, my wife gets her car serviced there and the RS is going in for 100k service very soon so prepared to wait too.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”