Southend Audi

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
MarksRS
1st Gear

Southend Audi

Post by MarksRS » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:21 am

I've owned my fantastic RS4 for a few months now and the time has come for an MOT and Service. I want to continue with main dealer service stamps in the book and as Southend Audi is my nearest dealer, was wondering what experiences/opinions you guys have on them?
Cheers

neilparf
Cruising

Re: Southend Audi

Post by neilparf » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:36 am

Not had any experience with Southend personally. I ended up travelling to Camberley (1hr 20min from me) on the back of good feedback here. Good feedback for service seems key, obviously. Heard HR Owen Audi in London is good - but that's a bit of a schlep for anyone south...

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=108655&p=659422&hi ... nd#p659422
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

The_Coat
4th Gear

Post by The_Coat » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:36 am

Southend is my local stealer and have used them a few times with no issue.

They also let you supply your own oil etc for a service which saves a few quid.
RS4 Avant - Misano Red

brent007
Neutral

Post by brent007 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:49 pm

thats answered my question, im in southend aswell and was a little worried about using them. :bigblink:

MarksRS
1st Gear

Post by MarksRS » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:01 pm

Great, that's good to hear.
The b-y-o Oil option sounds good too!
Would you have a contact name at all?

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:04 pm

neilparf wrote:I ended up travelling to Camberley (1hr 20min from me) on the back of good feedback here.
I don't think too much of their work to be honest. RS4 number 2 had a DRC failure which was then replaced and re-pressurised by them, now I'm having to clean all the old escaped oil from the suspension leg/arms and back of the callipers. They also look to have lost some of the wheel arch liner fixings and used cable ties instead to keep the liner in situ. :bash:
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:39 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:
neilparf wrote:I ended up travelling to Camberley (1hr 20min from me) on the back of good feedback here.
I don't think too much of their work to be honest. RS4 number 2 had a DRC failure which was then replaced and re-pressurised by them, now I'm having to clean all the old escaped oil from the suspension leg/arms and back of the callipers. They also look to have lost some of the wheel arch liner fixings and used cable ties instead to keep the liner in situ. :bash:
That's pretty poor, Sam. Admittedly I have to say, I've only experienced Camberley when Rob Chorley was there and the Master tech that I think has now since left. I suspect the two were instrumental in keeping it in shape before Rob left. I get the feeling HR Owen Wandsworh is a good place judging by the feedback viewtopic.php?f=22&t=107690
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:00 pm

neilparf wrote:
Surrey Sam wrote:
That's pretty poor, Sam. Admittedly I have to say, I've only experienced Camberley when Rob Chorley was there and the Master tech that I think has now since left. I suspect the two were instrumental in keeping it in shape before Rob left. I get the feeling HR Owen Wandsworh is a good place judging by the feedback viewtopic.php?f=22&t=107690
Yes not brilliant Neil, I was quite surprised considering a lot of people speak highly of Camberley Audi. The work was carried out in May 2013, so I think that both were still about back then. I've remember reading that Jack Barclay/HR Owen review, excellent service in this day of age is dying out fast. To be fair I'm quite happy with the rapport I've now established with my local Harwoods Audi dealer; they have got known how fastidious I am and work accordingly with that in mind :thumb:
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:09 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:I don't think too much of their work to be honest. RS4 number 2 had a DRC failure which was then replaced and re-pressurised by them, now I'm having to clean all the old escaped oil from the suspension leg/arms and back of the callipers. They also look to have lost some of the wheel arch liner fixings and used cable ties instead to keep the liner in situ. :bash:
neilparf wrote:That's pretty poor, Sam. Admittedly I have to say, I've only experienced Camberley when Rob Chorley was there and the Master tech that I think has now since left. I suspect the two were instrumental in keeping it in shape before Rob left. I get the feeling HR Owen Wandsworh is a good place judging by the feedback viewtopic.php?f=22&t=107690
Surrey Sam wrote:Yes not brilliant Neil, I was quite surprised considering a lot of people speak highly of Camberley Audi. The work was carried out in May 2013, so I think that both were still about back then. I've remember reading that Jack Barclay/HR Owen review, excellent service in this day of age is dying out fast. To be fair I'm quite happy with the rapport I've now established with my local Harwoods Audi dealer; they have got known how fastidious I am and work accordingly with that in mind :thumb:
May 2013 - yep they would still be there. I agree - service and conscientious work is hard to come by nowadays - one can only read a recent review and hope the service is still up to scratch. If Harwood's know how you roll and the expectation, then stick with them if the rapport is there. I think trip to Wandsworth in 5k miles for me...

Without going off topic, have you performed the 'Big grey switch' yet? :wink:

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:31 pm

neilparf wrote:
Surrey Sam wrote:I don't think too much of their work to be honest. RS4 number 2 had a DRC failure which was then replaced and re-pressurised by them, now I'm having to clean all the old escaped oil from the suspension leg/arms and back of the callipers. They also look to have lost some of the wheel arch liner fixings and used cable ties instead to keep the liner in situ. :bash:
neilparf wrote:That's pretty poor, Sam. Admittedly I have to say, I've only experienced Camberley when Rob Chorley was there and the Master tech that I think has now since left. I suspect the two were instrumental in keeping it in shape before Rob left. I get the feeling HR Owen Wandsworh is a good place judging by the feedback viewtopic.php?f=22&t=107690
Surrey Sam wrote:Yes not brilliant Neil, I was quite surprised considering a lot of people speak highly of Camberley Audi. The work was carried out in May 2013, so I think that both were still about back then. I've remember reading that Jack Barclay/HR Owen review, excellent service in this day of age is dying out fast. To be fair I'm quite happy with the rapport I've now established with my local Harwoods Audi dealer; they have got known how fastidious I am and work accordingly with that in mind :thumb:
May 2013 - yep they would still be there. I agree - service and conscientious work is hard to come by nowadays - one can only read a recent review and hope the service is still up to scratch. If Harwood's know how you roll and the expectation, then stick with them if the rapport is there. I think trip to Wandsworth in 5k miles for me...

Will be interested to hear what you think about them as dealers are only as good as the people who work there and that can change in an instance.

The big grey swap over is work in progress still :boohoo: The pad slide guide pins are now un-siezed and removed from the calliper bodies. Just need to pull my thumb out and order up some new ones along with a fitting kit; then refit them all. Been a pain in the wotsit but the end result is worth it.

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:53 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:
neilparf wrote:

Will be interested to hear what you think about them as dealers are only as good as the people who work there and that can change in an instance.

The big grey swap over is work in progress still :boohoo: The pad slide guide pins are now un-siezed and removed from the calliper bodies. Just need to pull my thumb out and order up some new ones along with a fitting kit; then refit them all. Been a pain in the wotsit but the end result is worth it.
Yes, stealers are only as good as the folk there. A recent review would help bolster my confidence. PaulRS4 rates Maidstone also so I may speak to both...
Surrey Sam wrote:...a pain in the wotsit but the end result is worth it.
I'd go through the pain two-fold to get Ceramics. I'm working on a German contact I have to source the kit at a reduced price than £'s - it's the upgrade on my list. Good luck.

PJC
Cruising

Post by PJC » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:06 pm

Mines going in on the 13th to Maidstone for oil service and mot, supply my own oil so hopefully not to hard on the wallet.

I have got the mot protection from last year too.

scaghead
Top Gear

Post by scaghead » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:57 am

Have used southend audi as well for a few services. And found them to be excellent tbh..they have also changed all the drc for me over the years the last one that needed doing was exchanged free of charge and it was over seven years old...and I ain't had no oil to clean up under the arch either.. :biggrin2:
R8 gen1 v10 plus white. Larini clubsport valved zorst.carbon side flicks,and fixed carbon spoiler.
Previous..RS4 Sprint blue loon..milltek non-res valved.revolution carbon air intake kit.cold air feed.carbon clean.MRC stage 2 remap..led interior lights.dectane led rear lights.led drls.Argon carbon oil splitter,race style front splitter,B and C door pillars and engine bottle cover..KW lowering springs.HEL brake lines all round.

Bladerider
4th Gear

Post by Bladerider » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:15 pm

Polite
Helpful
But ultimately useless for anything challenging !!!

Had my car repeated times and charged me well into four figures trying to sort the old sticky clutch pedal fault and eventually wanted to go postal on the thing and replace clutch/gearbox/garage it was parked in "just to be safe" when they made absolutely no difference to it, having already changed the brake and clutch cylinders, the pipes, checked the pedals and untold other stuff (this was several years ago, so i can't remember all the stuff they tried lol)

When I suggested that perhaps they would want to not charge me full price for all the new bits that had done nothing they acted like I had asked for a quick go on their mum !!!

Never been back.

J.
07 RS4 Avus Avant : Usual spec with Buckets+FBSW+iPod dock+TV etc...100k+
Thanks to GBH Motorsport MRC Tuning VirdeeAuto Dubstep AwesomeGTI Wallachie Trups
H&R - Coilovers ARBs Spacers : 034 - RearArms Droplinks BilletMounts StrutTops : Eibach FrontArms : Powerflex Bushes
MRC - Stage2 Map+codeouts Stage2 Inlet+7mm gasket Stage2 deCarbon CAF : BMC Filter : Milltek Decats NonRes
Anthracite Alloys : Advan Neovas : Ferodo Pads+Castrol SRF : HEL Brakelines : Trups LED lighting

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:43 pm

Bladerider wrote:...had asked for a quick go on their mum !!
:D

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”