Argon Creative

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
RossDagley
Top Gear

Argon Creative

Post by RossDagley » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:09 pm

I'm the very first in the queue to praise a great job and I try not to post publicly when something goes wrong but others should be aware sometimes so it's not all one sided.

I'm a little disappointed with the service tbh. :( Paid £1300 24/06 for some parts and not yet received them. I was told at the time of payment that I'd be on the production run of "next week" which I presumed meant W/C 30th June. Most emails go unanswered and they are only replying to the 2nd or 3rd "chase" to the original "chase" if that makes sense. IE, I chase 3 times before getting an update.

I've changed a part of my order that should result in a refund of £200 (which I've chased again today for) but so far nothing - not even a courtesy email.

I appreciate companies are busy, it just riles me when the sales team respond quickly to new sales enquiries but on't back it up with post-sale work...

Am I being unrealistic? I don't want to seem unfairly harsh. But the "excitement" of £1000+ of new carbon trickery has been completely lost now, and it's just a chore to keep thinking about it.
Believe only the man who has nothing to gain from what he says.

2017 BMW M4 Competition Pack - Mineral Grey - 530ps by bootmod3, JCWeldfab exhaust.
Previously:
Renault Megane R26 - Liquid Yellow - 275ps.
2015 Audi Exclusive RS4 B8 - Merlin Purple - JCWF Exhaust
2009 Audi RS6 C6 - Phantom Black - 730ps MRC Tuned
2008 Audi RS4 B7 - Phantom Black - 449ps MRC Tuned
2002 Peugeot 106 Gti - Mauritius blue - 430ps Home built.

AdrianD
4th Gear

Re: Argon Creative

Post by AdrianD » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:13 pm

I've contacted them myself a couple of times and every have been left disappointed also, I was going to get my seat backs carbon skinned a while back but i wasn't impressed with the service i (eventually) got from them so left it... a shame as i'd love it done but have not found anywhere else that'll do it..
2010 911 Turbo PDK.
Gone but not forgotten... Sprint Blue B7 RS4 with all the toys :)
20" AG M310's | TTS Supercharged | MRC Stage 3 | Sach's Clutch | Lightened / balanced flywheel | High Pressure Fuel Pumps | KW V3's Coilovers | De-Cat + Valved Milltek | DeCoked | Launch Control | Flat Shift | Cold Air Feed Induction.

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:39 pm

I waited 5 months for a steering wheel trim. Only for them to say they can't make it. I was sent it unfinished. Ok for free but I finished it off and fitted. Still waiting on the front carbon rings that I ordered before Christmas. Not paid for yet tho

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:43 pm

Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:51 pm

Took them quite a few weeks to sort my carbon rings and badges,can't believe your still waiting for some rings rick, and ordered before Christmas!! That's slack, they make some nice stuff it's a shame they are taking so long to produce it, noticed carbon goodies has gone to tumble weed on the forum, wonder why?? :bash:

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:53 pm

I have no idea, in today's day and age, that any forward thinking company can make you wait that long for 'rings'... let alone anything else... :?
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:34 pm

I bought the oil spliter and hearkening and have to say it took way longer than they promised but had no issues getting hold of them.
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

m14rrv
2nd Gear

Post by m14rrv » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:11 pm

C6 Carbon, Paul he is called,

Google him he is epic of carbon anything :biggrin3:
b7 rs4 avant

manual_daniel
2nd Gear

Post by manual_daniel » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:31 am

I had two bucket seat "eyes" sent to them for skinning in matt carbon, sent directly from Audi. The communication has been good, emails answered within 48 hours every time, although the length of time for the work to be done is a bit long. I am not in a hurry and carbon fiber work is labour intensive. I've tried this stuff myself and it takes time to get it right.
Now: 2007 Daytona RS4 Avant
Passed On: 2003 Mugello RS6 Sedan

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:29 pm

Carbon goodies has them in stick I think I read but they cost more that direct to argon.

After my wheel went wrong I think they gave up on the order and have forgot about the rings " because they were busy for show season"

RossDagley
Top Gear

Post by RossDagley » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:40 pm

small update that I'll try and keep factual rather than loaded with emotion as I'm prone to.

Argon refused my request for a full refund of the £200 catalogue price for a part I'd changed my mind on - the part was no cost to them as was a grille wrap and they were waiting on my grill before starting this part. Their reasoning was twofold - that they'd offered me a discount and free postage because of the size of my order, and that now I was reducing the size of the order by £200 the discount wouldn't be the same, and also that they had given me the wrong prices in the first place(! - catalogue prices, they sent the catalogue...). So, no free shipping, and a £50 surcharge to cover the loss of discount. I told them where to shove that idea, and threatened to pull my entire order.

I expressed my serious dissatisfaction with the "next weeks production run" whilst still waiting for over a month with nothing to show for my money. I was told this was because they were waiting on my grill to finish everything (which I've now cancelled). This contradicts an email they sent in about week two saying they'd received the wrong parts from a supplier, and this is why my items are delayed.

After my rather irate email, a Tony Scott emailed me back accepting my offer for me pay for the postage and for them to refund the £140 remainder. I had mentioned I was now seriously worried (after my own experiences and those I'd read online of others) that I wouldn't even receive my parts whatsoever. I was assured that I would. Of course, that's what they would say...

So, in summary, I'm £1300 down, no parts, no partial refund yet, and we're a month in. Let's see how things go from here. It's fair to say I'll never be ordering from here again. Once bitten, etc.

2017 BMW M4 Competition Pack - Mineral Grey - 530ps by bootmod3, JCWeldfab exhaust.
Previously:

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:01 pm

I'm sure I didn't pay for my parts until they were done. Less likely to hurry if they already have the wonga

RossDagley
Top Gear

Post by RossDagley » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm

Rick_RS4 wrote:I'm sure I didn't pay for my parts until they were done. Less likely to hurry if they already have the wonga
I suspect thy learnt that lesson also - and now want cash up front on the basis they're making "custom parts" :/

Oh well. Lesson learnt from me here too.

Previously:

RossDagley
Top Gear

Post by RossDagley » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:17 am

Received my partial refund - now the wait continues for the £1100+ of actual parts...

Previously:

Carbon Goodies
Trader (Expired)

Post by Carbon Goodies » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:18 pm

RIV wrote:Took them quite a few weeks to sort my carbon rings and badges,can't believe your still waiting for some rings rick, and ordered before Christmas!! That's slack, they make some nice stuff it's a shame they are taking so long to produce it, noticed carbon goodies has gone to tumble weed on the forum, wonder why?? :bash:
No I'm still here but I have commitments elsewhere too which have been taking a lot of my time recently. Usually if somebosy sends me a pm or replies to one of my threads I get an email update so I'll log on, but recently these don't seem to be arriving with me. I've just logged on now and seen that there are replies so I'm just having a browse around.

Argon are a great company but due to their success they are extremely busy. They are looking at taking people on but obviously that's a lengthy process.

Unfortunately getting anything made in carbon is never a quick process and it's pretty much the same with almost all of my suppliers and manufacturers.

Don't ever be worried about them disappearing with your money and not getting your parts, Tony and Brynne and really good guys and although sometimes it takes a while getting things sorted they will always get there.
Check out the website guys: www.carbongoodies.co.uk

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”