From what I've read here, I would never buy a single thing from them

neilparf
Cruising

Re: Argon Creative

Post by neilparf » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:53 pm

HYFR wrote:From what I've read here, I would never buy a single thing from them
Seconded...
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

Baz4
2nd Gear

Post by Baz4 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:37 pm

Thought id chip in, i contacted argon about 5 weeks ago and placed an order for a few parts. All emails were answered within 24 hours, they told me it would take two weeks for the parts and it did. I collected the parts and when you see what's involved in the production process and how many different types of orders they get then it's obvious why certain parts and orders take time. Too many people are quick to knock a business who happen to be (in my opinion) the best if not the only company doing this type of work for our cars. In any line of bespoke work over running the deadline is usually expected but who really cares if the end product is perfect. Not answering emails is annoying but this type of work takes weeks and months. I don't have any links with argon other than being a customer but just can't stand seeing a good business being knocked.

jaysrs4
5th Gear

Post by jaysrs4 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:47 pm

Baz if that's correct then fair play and I guess you may have been a tad lucky. However, you can be the best craftsman, artist, engineer ect. in the world, but you may as well stay in bed with third world customer service. Being a 'good business' isn't just about being good at a particular skill.

I run my own business, if you don't manage customer expectations or at least communicate with them, you're on a ride in to voluntary winding up or being wound up because you've got no income.

I totally appreciate they produce good product (I've seen it first hand). Word seems to be getting about with these guys and I've been holding off submitting an order because of this. Understandably it takes ages to make moulds or skin carbon (whichever you choose to order), I know how long it takes as I've bought custom moulded bits and skinned carbon myself but they shouldn't be making promises they can't keep because its clearly pissing customers off.

Audi Pardner
4th Gear

Post by Audi Pardner » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:02 pm

I was going to order a front splitter from them but the increasing number of adverse comments on here and other forums has put me right off. They clearly have no business sense and customer care awareness no matter how good the product might be. A pass for me.
Misano Red B7 RS4 Avant. 20" Rotors. KW adjustable spring kit. 8 & 10mm H&R spacers. MRC Stage 2 remap. Pre-cat delete & x-pipe.

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:26 pm

i still want some front rings :( no chance for AITP

Carbon Goodies
Trader (Expired)

Post by Carbon Goodies » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:50 pm

This is why I am a distributor for Argon but when everybody bypasses me and goes direct to the manufacturer then this kind of thing happens. When they are dealing with customers they are not making products and when they are making products they are not dealing with customers.

Where a distributor comes in is to deal with the customer side of things, and when chasing items it is all done in one conversation. This allows the manufacturer to get on with manufacturing the products and fulfiling orders. This system works well as you have somebody who is customer focused and pretty much always available. You will generally get me by email from around 08:00am until around 01:30 am.

Manufacturers get to a point where it's just not possible to do everything so a distributor is needed. Unfortunately though I don't work for free.
Check out the website guys: www.carbongoodies.co.uk

jaysrs4
5th Gear

Post by jaysrs4 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:04 am

That's fine but they need to stop selling direct to the customer then as the impression is that buying from you is 10-20% more expensive than going direct.

Understandably you need to make your money and that should be the customer service side but I can't see how this can be done effectively with them selling product too and by the looks of it badly - it appears to be damaging everyone's reputation.

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:02 am

jaysrs4 wrote:That's fine but they need to stop selling direct to the customer...
Indeed - one pathway or the other when selling direct...
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

manual_daniel
2nd Gear

Post by manual_daniel » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:30 am

For me, the email responses were consistently good. I understand that the product is of high quality. I don't mind waiting a little longer if the wait is worthwhile, because the stuff is cosmetic. If they didn't respond quickly to emails I would be off somewhere else quite quickly. But it comes down to how badly you want what they have....
Now: 2007 Daytona RS4 Avant
Passed On: 2003 Mugello RS6 Sedan

RossDagley
Top Gear

Argon Creative

Post by RossDagley » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:35 pm

I've had some photos now of my parts that are being made which is nice. It's a shame as I say that I had to chase so hard to get anything.

Re: carbon goodies, I would have ordered through you but some parts were 20% more expensive than going direct and I'd have to be an idiot to get the same product from the same manufacturer at an inflated price - and I'd STILL have had the same wait time, only now it'd be through an intermediary...

I said right at the start that I'm the first to be positive about a company (and will be about MRC I suspect as my cars on a weeks holiday there at the moment). But half of Dougs success is his incredible customer service as well as his business skills. In today's day and age, customer service can make or break a business.

I'm sure I'll be very happy with my stuff from argon. Honestly. But the point at the start of the thread was about setting realistic customer expectations. Don't say "next week production" when you mean "8 weeks until delivery"...
Believe only the man who has nothing to gain from what he says.

2017 BMW M4 Competition Pack - Mineral Grey - 530ps by bootmod3, JCWeldfab exhaust.
Previously:
Renault Megane R26 - Liquid Yellow - 275ps.
2015 Audi Exclusive RS4 B8 - Merlin Purple - JCWF Exhaust
2009 Audi RS6 C6 - Phantom Black - 730ps MRC Tuned
2008 Audi RS4 B7 - Phantom Black - 449ps MRC Tuned
2002 Peugeot 106 Gti - Mauritius blue - 430ps Home built.

jaysrs4
5th Gear

Post by jaysrs4 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:37 pm

^ This

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:52 pm

Yeah I agree. I'm not too bothered if they say 4 weeks etc but when 4 weeks is up they say 1 more week and so on, it starts to get annoying as you prep yourself for those parts arriving then.

Always replied very quick via email.

flying_tomatoes
2nd Gear

Post by flying_tomatoes » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:41 pm

Seems most everyone here has had problems with them so I don't expect my input to change anyone's mind but I had a smooth transaction with them just a few months ago. I had a full set of engine bay pieces made and shipped to the states. Communication wasn't perfect as it some times took them 2-3 days to get back to me but not too bad. Parts were done on time and great quality. They were held in customs for a few days but otherwise the whole experience was hassle free and cheaper (including shipping) then I could get them made for in the states.
2007 RS4 - Bagged and Blown. IG: @Flying_Tomatoes

caldy
4th Gear

Post by caldy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:50 pm

For once, being in Newcastle means not being 'geographically disadvantaged'!

I have bought a fair amount of stuff from Argon but I have had the benefit of being able to visit their premises to progress matters. Please believe that they are a genuine, small business, highly skilled at what they do, committed to providing high quality items, but perhaps a little naive when it comes to customer service. As said previously, it is an extremely difficult and time consuming process to make some of their items. Because of their 'overnight success' with the Audi range, they have never had the opportunity to make for stock so everything is made individually which inevitably leads to delays.

To make unrealistic promises is a quickfire way to piss off your customers - let's hope that this thread will lead to them improving their level of service.
RS4 B7 Phantom Black

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”