OMG! I've only gone and ordered......

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
AdrianD
4th Gear

OMG! I've only gone and ordered......

Post by AdrianD » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:47 pm

The new PES Whipple W140AX Supercharger for my RS4... Eeeekk.. I'm like a dog with 2 tails lol, how am i going to cope waiting until Sept for it to be ready to fit?... More than just a little excited lol...
2010 911 Turbo PDK.
Gone but not forgotten... Sprint Blue B7 RS4 with all the toys :)
20" AG M310's | TTS Supercharged | MRC Stage 3 | Sach's Clutch | Lightened / balanced flywheel | High Pressure Fuel Pumps | KW V3's Coilovers | De-Cat + Valved Milltek | DeCoked | Launch Control | Flat Shift | Cold Air Feed Induction.

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Re: OMG! I've only gone and ordered......

Post by Rick_RS4 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:40 pm

Have you Google pes?

Performance and customer service poor.

AdrianD
4th Gear

Post by AdrianD » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:49 pm

Rick_RS4 wrote:Have you Google pes?

No but i've been in touch with a couple that have had them fitted and was given good feedback...
2010 911 Turbo PDK.
20" AG M310's | TTS Supercharged | MRC Stage 3 | Sach's Clutch | Lightened / balanced flywheel | High Pressure Fuel Pumps | KW V3's Coilovers | De-Cat + Valved Milltek | DeCoked | Launch Control | Flat Shift | Cold Air Feed Induction.

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:57 pm

This will be interesting to see the gains you get, I'm doing my b8 at some point, not sure what kit though

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Adrian excited for you :thumbs: but what made you go for the PES over the TTS one through MRC?

AdrianD
4th Gear

Post by AdrianD » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:06 pm

marc1 wrote:Adrian excited for you :thumbs: but what made you go for the PES over the TTS one through MRC?
I was going for the TTS but if i'm honest the last time i was at MRC i didn't feel overly welcome so looked beyond them and the new PES Whipple appears to be a leap forward from the TTS again...
2010 911 Turbo PDK.

coffey555
5th Gear

Post by coffey555 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:19 pm

RIV wrote:This will be interesting to see the gains you get, I'm doing my b8 at some point, not sure what kit though
Be interesting to hear what the DSG gearbox can run to on the B8.

I know a guy with a garage and a RS3 that has seen a few boxes failing once the engines have been tuned for more power.
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:26 pm

I know a guy with a garage and a RS3 that has seen a few boxes failing once the engines have been tuned for more power.
Be interesting to see,that's also one of the reasons I'm waiting,that and the warranty, rs3 is poop though :nodder:

coffey555
5th Gear

Post by coffey555 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:49 pm

One of the reasons the TTRS was launched as a manual was because Audi had issues getting the DSG to handle the power and torque of the 5 pot motor. They sorted it out in the end though but I still would not fancy tuning one.

Agreed, the RS3 maybe quick but it does nothing for me either. I would rather be dry bummed everyday with a cactus then be forced to own one :assflash:

Hopefully Audi did a better job of over engineering the B8 then! Manual box conversion?

Getting back on topic, hope the PES kit works out for you Adrian, nice to see someone trying something different.
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

adsgreen
Cruising

Post by adsgreen » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:53 pm

I think the TTRS DSG has had plenty of people upgrade to reasonable power.
But it's a much lighter car...

The advantage of the centrifugal chargers is that they are relatively tame low down and ramp up as the volumetric efficiency falls away (effectively filling in the gaps).

I've found the main killer of boxes is torque not power.

sar
4th Gear

Post by sar » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:56 pm

Rick_RS4 wrote:Have you Google pes?

i have to agree with rick here pes have a shocking history, i would do a bit of reading if i were you.
AdrianD wrote:No but i've been in touch with a couple that have had them fitted and was given good feedback...
on a b7 rs4? as far as i was aware there have been none of these kits fitted to a b7 rs4 yet?, a month or two back on audizine there was someone who was claiming to be the first recipient of the b7 rs4 kit, he posted a few pics of it getting fitted and some rs5 dyno charts then disappeared.
what was the feedback you got?
b7rs4 phantom black, titan pack.

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:01 pm

AdrianD wrote:
marc1 wrote:Adrian excited for you :thumbs: but what made you go for the PES over the TTS one through MRC?
I was going for the TTS but if i'm honest the last time i was at MRC i didn't feel overly welcome so looked beyond them and the new PES Whipple appears to be a leap forward from the TTS again...
That's definitely a shame to hear, hopefully a one off though. Like you say you have other options available which will be interesting to see. You must be like a giddy kid right now. Does the Mrs know yet? :D

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:24 pm

I have personal exsperiance of PES when I bought a G2 kit for my 2.8. Product was well built could not fault it but software and customer service was :dung: and I mean :dung:
They gave me the runaround did not answer calls or ignored emails I had a car that ran fine if I did not hammer it but once hot it would sound like a bag of nails. Sold the car advising it needed a map, it blew up a few weeks later.

i will never use them again and only here bad feedback regarding them.
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

coffey555
5th Gear

Post by coffey555 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:31 pm

adsgreen wrote:I think the TTRS DSG has had plenty of people upgrade to reasonable power.
Depends on what you class as 'reasonable' I guess! :D

Plenty of broken RS3's at a recent Crail VAG event I hear....

Bloody hell, just checked and had no idea there was such a weight difference between them.

Good gains to be had on the RS3 just from fitting a Forge intercooler with an appropriate map apparently.

Yes, you are right, torque in the lower gears is what kills gearboxes/driveshafts etc.

I am looking forward to seeing what the nice chap from Canada has to say about the new PES kit.
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

manual_daniel
2nd Gear

Post by manual_daniel » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:08 pm

coffey555 wrote:
adsgreen wrote:I think the TTRS DSG has had plenty of people upgrade to reasonable power.
Depends on what you class as 'reasonable' I guess! :D

Plenty of broken RS3's at a recent Crail VAG event I hear....

Bloody hell, just checked and had no idea there was such a weight difference between them.

Good gains to be had on the RS3 just from fitting a Forge intercooler with an appropriate map apparently.

Yes, you are right, torque in the lower gears is what kills gearboxes/driveshafts etc.

I am looking forward to seeing what the nice chap from Canada has to say about the new PES kit.
For all that he is (the nice chap from Canada), I am always interested in what he has to say.
Now: 2007 Daytona RS4 Avant
Passed On: 2003 Mugello RS6 Sedan

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”