OMG! I've only gone and ordered......

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
RIV
Cruising

Re: OMG! I've only gone and ordered......

Post by RIV » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:20 pm

I am looking forward to seeing what the nice chap from Canada has to say about the new PES kit.
Guess he will say it's poop
Then say go and buy JHM etc etc

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:48 pm

If you don't get 830bhp then you've been short-changed http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthrea ... ost9942308
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:29 pm

PetrolDave wrote:If you don't get 830bhp then you've been short-changed http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthrea ... ost9942308
Isn't that video super old?
No matter where you go, there you are.

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:36 pm

cancel the order before its too late

S4Player
Top Gear

Post by S4Player » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:00 pm

Don't think you'll be disappointed at all. My old m112 kit gave a great little bump in the back. The whipple will be a step up [THUMBS UP SIGN]
1*** hp TTE C6 rs6 saloon and the ultimate WB B5

AdrianD
4th Gear

Post by AdrianD » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:52 pm

S4Player wrote:Don't think you'll be disappointed at all. My old m112 kit gave a great little bump in the back. The whipple will be a step up [THUMBS UP SIGN]
Phew, finally some good feedback, this forum was starting to worry me... Did you experience any reliability issues with yours at all?
2010 911 Turbo PDK.
Gone but not forgotten... Sprint Blue B7 RS4 with all the toys :)
20" AG M310's | TTS Supercharged | MRC Stage 3 | Sach's Clutch | Lightened / balanced flywheel | High Pressure Fuel Pumps | KW V3's Coilovers | De-Cat + Valved Milltek | DeCoked | Launch Control | Flat Shift | Cold Air Feed Induction.

S4Player
Top Gear

Post by S4Player » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:10 pm

Nah and I kicked the <beep> out it for a good while before moving on [THUMBS UP SIGN] you'll be fine with the whipple. Not sure on pes tuning ability though, my car was Mrc mapped
1*** hp TTE C6 rs6 saloon and the ultimate WB B5

adsgreen
Cruising

Post by adsgreen » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:21 pm

I don't think anybody is really criticising the kit as it's a well known unit with more than enough capacity for the RS4.
It's just the supplier have what could be described as a reputation.
Note' this is purely what I have been lead to believe as I have no direct experience.

sakimano
5th Gear

Post by sakimano » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:10 am

coffey555 wrote: I am looking forward to seeing what the nice chap from Canada has to say about the new PES kit.
So nice of you to think of me.

If buying a supercharger kit, there are a few things to think of

1 the supercharger itself. If the blower is poorly sized, it's a non starter no matter how cheap the price is or how nice the guys are. PES has a history of <beep> judgement in this regard. The Eaton m90?really? Makes about the same power as an rs4 with an exhaust. Acceleration testing has shown this. The Whipple they're using is massive so that's looking up. It's the smallest Whipple but that's like being the smallest giant. Haven't seen anything from them however other than dynos though so nobody has any idea how the new kit helps acceleration.

2 the tune - the ability to tune an NA car with a supercharger attached isn't a long list...especially in the audi world. Pes showed that when they were blowing motors on the v6 a4 cars in b5/6 era. They also showed this when people found performance gains by getting reputable tuners to re-tune the various pes kits

3 other hardware - cooling etc. Frankly pes hasn't had a great reputation here, with a history of leaky intercooolers blowing motors on b6 s4s, R8s, you name it. If pes have supercharged it, they have killed at least one or two of the cars. Of course they're bankrupt so they don't have an in house car to practice on (UN-like Mrc, TTS, JHM, APR who all bought cars to test their kits on) but nice customers generously donate their cars to pes for some reason. I guess their google was broken.

4 the company - google pes and their treatment of customers like b6guys42 . It's as sar said a shocking history. Shockingly bad and shocking that people persist in trying these guys out. I posted evidence of the fact they were recently evicted and had their phone disconnected, and lied about their new location (it was an abandoned building) yet here we are, reading new pes threads. There's a reason people here refer to them as POS.

So pes got one out of 4 right with a nice big enough blower (we think). The rest? Yikes.

If I had to decide on a kit I would find it hard to ignore Pes' history. Especially with so many good options available.

If I lived in Britain, TTS would be really hard to pass up. Over here JHM and APR have great offerings. All three of those tick off all the boxes...supercharger, tuning, hardware, strong company. JHM have recently begun shipping kits to the UK, Europe and Asia so that's another option.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”