What have you done lately?

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
neilparf
Cruising

Re: What have you done lately?

Post by neilparf » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:52 am

NJMAudiRS4 wrote:
NJMAudiRS4 wrote:You can let your 8yr old sit in my Avant so he can realise what a proper RS4 should be :bigblink: :kissmyrings:
Ah gee thanks. Whilst you are at it, my 8yr old loves the smell of freshly baked bread. Would you still have that aroma lingering around the interior from your latest early morning delivery? I'll take a sliced brown wholemeal whilst your at it. :bigblink: :assflash:
Would you like it wrapped or bagged, :bigwave:
Will you be taking the phone number off the side of the Taxi before you go to AITP, wouldn't want to get a call out !! :bigblink: :beerchug:

I've noticed on the list that are going to AITP that a chap called Paul is going with a couple of R8's maybe you could ask one of them :jump:[/quote]
Bagged please!!! Sliced thick if you can.

Yes yes yes! The cabbie number is coming off before Aitp! In the same way the Funeral Directors details is coming off yours! :beerchug:

It's not even the 10 August and the banter has started!

I'm sure my boy will find a R8 to sit in, no doubt. He'll tell me the virtues of ownership all the way home too and how an R8 would look cool on the drive :/[/quote]

Thick sliced and bagged it is

And it's a bakers van not funeral directors, better smell you see :biggrin3:

Imagine what it will be like on the 10th :beerchug:[/quote]
I thougt thjse vans double up for bread, the dead and long bits of wood!?

Ok bagged it is!

Roll on the 10th :beerchug:
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:53 am

Car got a wash and wax lastnight buffing machine took a dump halfway through so I had to give it a handjob :biggrin3: to finish her off and then it bloody rained :bash:
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:03 am

docurley wrote:Car got a wash and wax lastnight buffing machine took a dump halfway through so I had to give it a handjob :biggrin3: to finish her off and then it bloody rained :bash:
I washed mine yesterday - snow foam, two bucket, filtered water rinse off. Looked perfect. Left it outside thinking it'll be fine, only to find I'm driving it under cover at 2am! Nice storm in the south!
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:32 am

Real bad storm, and how I can judge that is by the fact the missus propley cuddle up to me what seemed like lighting hitting the house.

Oh what it is to feel needed.
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

NJMAudiRS4
4th Gear

Post by NJMAudiRS4 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:09 pm

Gave mine a quick buff this morning, drove to Curborough sprint track to watch and broke a drive shaft :boohoo:
On the back of a recovery truck and off to the garage
Attachments
image.jpg
Audi RS4 Avant. MRC Stage 2 Manifold, caf, Map, JCWF Manifold back Exhaust with Sports Cats, H&R spacers, 449ps & 483nm

lma07
3rd Gear

Post by lma07 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:59 pm

Mine got a wash. That and a hoover. That's all you can do when the toddlers having a nap!

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:26 pm

NJMAudiRS4 wrote:Gave mine a quick buff this morning, drove to Curborough sprint track to watch and broke a drive shaft :boohoo:
On the back of a recovery truck and off to the garage
:shock: :shock: :shock: not good to hear mate. Hope you get it sorted. How did it happens?

NJMAudiRS4
4th Gear

Post by NJMAudiRS4 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:39 pm

A sharp right into left with a rumble strip on the left, I believe I hit it a bit hard, it's a second gear corner as soon as you come out back on the power and red line for 3rd, no drive rev limiter hit and bounced rolled back to park and left to cool down. Thought it could be a sensor that might of. Got too hot, disconnected the battery for an hour, re connected and still the same. Jacked the car up and spun the front N/S and saw the drive shaft was at a jaunty angle. Checked all other drive shafts and they all look fine. Engaged 1st gear whilst on the jack and rear wheel started to spin so indicates clutch and gearbox still in working order (I hope), now at the garage so will see what they say when they have a look. There a couple of other jobs that need doing so will get them sorted at the same time. (I was only spectating honest)
Audi RS4 Avant. MRC Stage 2 Manifold, caf, Map, JCWF Manifold back Exhaust with Sports Cats, H&R spacers, 449ps & 483nm

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:45 pm

docurley wrote:Real bad storm, and how I can judge that is by the fact the missus propley cuddle up to me what seemed like lighting hitting the house.

Oh what it is to feel needed.
:biggrin3:

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:48 pm

NJMAudiRS4 wrote:A sharp right into left with a rumble strip on the left, I believe I hit it a bit hard, it's a second gear corner as soon as you come out back on the power and red line for 3rd, no drive rev limiter hit and bounced rolled back to park and left to cool down. Thought it could be a sensor that might of. Got too hot, disconnected the battery for an hour, re connected and still the same. Jacked the car up and spun the front N/S and saw the drive shaft was at a jaunty angle. Checked all other drive shafts and they all look fine. Engaged 1st gear whilst on the jack and rear wheel started to spin so indicates clutch and gearbox still in working order (I hope), now at the garage so will see what they say when they have a look. There a couple of other jobs that need doing so will get them sorted at the same time. (I was only spectating honest)
Oh crap. :((( I'll refrain from Saloon vs Avant jokes at this juncture... :(
Do you think AITP is on the cards still?

Good luck...

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:07 pm

NJMAudiRS4 wrote:A sharp right into left with a rumble strip on the left, I believe I hit it a bit hard, it's a second gear corner as soon as you come out back on the power and red line for 3rd, no drive rev limiter hit and bounced rolled back to park and left to cool down. Thought it could be a sensor that might of. Got too hot, disconnected the battery for an hour, re connected and still the same. Jacked the car up and spun the front N/S and saw the drive shaft was at a jaunty angle. Checked all other drive shafts and they all look fine. Engaged 1st gear whilst on the jack and rear wheel started to spin so indicates clutch and gearbox still in working order (I hope), now at the garage so will see what they say when they have a look. There a couple of other jobs that need doing so will get them sorted at the same time. (I was only spectating honest)
Crikey that sucks mate. So you think hitting the rumble strip did it? Hopefully the garage will diagnose it's just that, or better still something less severe. I'm sure I've read of other B7 drive shafts going, hope it's not a standard issue. Good luck mate.

NJMAudiRS4
4th Gear

Post by NJMAudiRS4 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:09 pm

Think of it as a Bread van with a soggy loaf. AITP should still be on, will know more next week :bowdown:

NJMAudiRS4
4th Gear

Post by NJMAudiRS4 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:12 pm

Thanks Marc, there was a couple of mechanics at the track so based on their knowledge I hope it is that simple, might just be the CV joint and the short shaft replacement (hopefully)

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:51 pm

Fitted brake pads tonight and had more greath getting the bloody wheel nut plastic caps off then replacing the pads, also fitted 8mm spacers upfront while I was at it.

RossDagley
Top Gear

Post by RossDagley » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:48 am

Car's been at mrc this week for health check style work. Previous owner was a ham fisted maggot who if I ever meet will get the sharp side of my tongue... Despite a full audi service history, it seems the previous owner also did work himself/took it to a butcher who did it for him.

I'm now the owner of a car with 4 new upper suspension arms, a new complete strut, a cold air feed, aux rad delete, carbon clean (again...), new MAF, deflapped manifold, new gearbox and diff oil, two new track rods, a 4 wheel alignment, and an empty wallet... :(
Believe only the man who has nothing to gain from what he says.

2017 BMW M4 Competition Pack - Mineral Grey - 530ps by bootmod3, JCWeldfab exhaust.
Previously:
Renault Megane R26 - Liquid Yellow - 275ps.
2015 Audi Exclusive RS4 B8 - Merlin Purple - JCWF Exhaust
2009 Audi RS6 C6 - Phantom Black - 730ps MRC Tuned
2008 Audi RS4 B7 - Phantom Black - 449ps MRC Tuned
2002 Peugeot 106 Gti - Mauritius blue - 430ps Home built.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”