Spacers Size Question.... I searched.. honest

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Rick_RS4
Cruising

Re: Spacers Size Question.... I searched.. honest

Post by Rick_RS4 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:39 pm

dont post a thread on '' my front tyres scrub on the arches on lock'' next week :boohoo: :mrgreen:

8-10 has been proven to work and talked about a billion times over

edge
5th Gear

Post by edge » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:46 am

This thread wasn’t meant to be a repost about discussion on 8/10, more about issues with 10mm spacers up front. Title should have been more specific to 10mm fronts.

Rick, have to say that I love what you have done with your motor and its exactly what I would have done/do if I had the chance. Keep it up, loving the build thread!

RossDagley
Top Gear

Post by RossDagley » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:26 am

neilparf wrote: Edge - I've just done spacers and I've gone for 8mm all round - I have SS+ so, on the advice of Virdee (top bloke) went 8mm all round. No issues rubbing and looks spot on :thumbs:
I could have written this myself lol. Exactly as my situation. Spoke to Virdee, advised for 8mm all round due to SS+, looks great!
Believe only the man who has nothing to gain from what he says.

2017 BMW M4 Competition Pack - Mineral Grey - 530ps by bootmod3, JCWeldfab exhaust.
Previously:
Renault Megane R26 - Liquid Yellow - 275ps.
2015 Audi Exclusive RS4 B8 - Merlin Purple - JCWF Exhaust
2009 Audi RS6 C6 - Phantom Black - 730ps MRC Tuned
2008 Audi RS4 B7 - Phantom Black - 449ps MRC Tuned
2002 Peugeot 106 Gti - Mauritius blue - 430ps Home built.

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:56 am

RossDagley wrote:
neilparf wrote: Edge - I've just done spacers and I've gone for 8mm all round - I have SS+ so, on the advice of Virdee (top bloke) went 8mm all round. No issues rubbing and looks spot on :thumbs:
I could have written this myself lol. Exactly as my situation. Spoke to Virdee, advised for 8mm all round due to SS+, looks great!
:jump:
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

Rick_RS4
Cruising

Post by Rick_RS4 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:48 pm

edge wrote:This thread wasn’t meant to be a repost about discussion on 8/10, more about issues with 10mm spacers up front. Title should have been more specific to 10mm fronts.

Rick, have to say that I love what you have done with your motor and its exactly what I would have done/do if I had the chance. Keep it up, loving the build thread!

No I know. I meant that it was talked about putting 10 at the front in the "spacer threads" but it scrubbed so people went for 8. You could get one set and try them in the front then if it works ok put some on the rear. I'd also remove the top screw as well.

Some people get scrubbing on the rear only one side , I think this is due to the sub frame being slightly off centre, but you won't really know that until they are on.

Thanks for your comment, when I first bought it I was going to leave it standard, .we have a great selection of RS motors on this forum, an I for one am looking forward to aitp to get them all s together .

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:11 pm

RossDagley wrote:
Get some pics up mate. :jump:

edge
5th Gear

Post by edge » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:43 pm

Cheers all for the comments, also spoke to Virdee too!

@Rick, im going black optics and black wheels next. Already started the bloack out.....So kinda following your lead here :) Standard was the plan!

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:57 pm

marc1 wrote:
RossDagley wrote:
Get some pics up mate. :jump:
I'm just doing a headlight refurb so as soon as the bas***d bumper is back I'll get some photo's up - I have the 'before' spacers shot so will upload both for a comparison... :thumbs:
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:08 pm

Here is 10mm vs OEM

Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:20 pm

That's definitely a great comparison shot Sam. :thumbs:

I'm just trying to encourage Neil to be a picture whore. We need more in these threads. No amount is too much. :rocker:
Last edited by marc1 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toyneg
5th Gear

Post by toyneg » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:51 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:Here is 10mm vs OEM

that's my car on the right new into ownership - needless to say I ordered some spacers after seeing that pic haha
Glacier White 2017 S3 Saloon with all the Tech.
Gone but not forgotten - B7 RS4 Saloon Black - H&R spacers, Tints, Gun Metal Alloys, MRC Stage 2, Pre Cats, Milltek Non Res, K/W Springs, MRC Full Carbon clean - 431ps
previous - B6 A4 1.8T S-Line 215PS

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:54 pm

marc1 wrote:That's definitely a great comparison shot Sam. :thumbs:

I'm just trying to encourage Neil to be a picture whore. We need more in these threads. No amount is too much. :rocker:
I'll be your pic whore anytime, Marc!

Yes, I'm gonna post them! I want to do a quick photoshop splice of the two wheels close together so you can see the exact comparison. Much like Sam's shot...

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:58 pm

Rick_RS4 wrote:
edge wrote:...we have a great selection of RS motors on this forum, an I for one am looking forward to aitp to get them all s together .
+1 on that. Aitp should be an amazing gathering. Looking forward to it too...

flying_tomatoes
2nd Gear

Post by flying_tomatoes » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:01 pm

that comparison picture is painful :shock:
2007 RS4 - Bagged and Blown. IG: @Flying_Tomatoes

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:57 pm

neilparf wrote:
Rick_RS4 wrote:
edge wrote:...we have a great selection of RS motors on this forum, an I for one am looking forward to aitp to get them all s together .
+1 on that. Aitp should be an amazing gathering. Looking forward to it too...
Grrrrrrr!!!!!

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”