massive power loss :(

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
DaytonaRs4
2nd Gear

Re: massive power loss :(

Post by DaytonaRs4 » Tue May 27, 2014 9:02 pm

[/quote]Yeah man, after sailing through the MOT it seems the oil cooler pipes decided to give up over the weekend :(

I probably shouldn't have poked them when it was up on the ramp! Ah well after this that's most of the age/wear related bits done - all in the last year - ouch.

Suspension replaced, carbon clean, manifold deflap, all discs and pads, now oil cooler & pipes, then clutch I expect .....

But when I've done a 1500 mile trip driving it hard it all gets forgotten as it's such an epic car and fun to drive.

Hope yours gets sorted and looking forward to hearing the exhaust![/quote]

ahh <beep> mate not good news, hope you manage to get away with just replacing pipes....

yeah i have had an expensive time of it too, worth the grin everytime you push that start button...

i'm in a similar place as yourself, replaced all brakes, suspension, control arms, fluids, manif clean, deflap, tyres, wheel refurb...

anti roll bars, exhaust, remap and interior fix then im hopefully done for a bit.
2013 RS5 Phantom Black, MRC Stage 2 and TCU, Bilstein B16 IRC, 034 Arms, H&R ARB's, Milltek non res, ITG, 20” Ispiri FFR6 / PS4s, AP Radical 6 pot brakes / 390mm floaters, Pagid RSL1, JL Audio, EMtuning headlight build, Gtechniq ceramic and Llumar PPF

Gone: Daytona B7 RS4 saloon

surfpunkian
2nd Gear

Post by surfpunkian » Tue May 27, 2014 9:36 pm

Yup! Done those bits too, was due an annual wheel refurb and detail tomorrow but now will have to wait until the oil is sorted, looking at the pipes I'm thinking it'll be a full cooler replacement :(

Wanted to do the RSNE 2010+ but think I'll do the clutch first.

Then exhaust and proper map but will keep that treat for later in the year!
Daytona Grey RS4 B7 Saloon, carbon cleaned, titan alloys, LEDs, deflap manifold and stage 1 map, Bilstein PSS9 coilover set up, 8mm spacers, lowered.

DaytonaRs4
2nd Gear

Post by DaytonaRs4 » Wed May 28, 2014 10:42 am

cars ready for collection, Davy said theres a massive difference... just a pity im in aberdeen and wont get a chance to see the difference before it goes in for exhaust later today......my old boy is collecting so no doubt he will tear the a**e out of it on way back through to glasgow.....
2013 RS5 Phantom Black, MRC Stage 2 and TCU, Bilstein B16 IRC, 034 Arms, H&R ARB's, Milltek non res, ITG, 20” Ispiri FFR6 / PS4s, AP Radical 6 pot brakes / 390mm floaters, Pagid RSL1, JL Audio, EMtuning headlight build, Gtechniq ceramic and Llumar PPF

surfpunkian
2nd Gear

Post by surfpunkian » Wed May 28, 2014 6:49 pm

Hahaha! Yeah sure he will :)

Looks like I'm in for full oil cooler and pipes replacement but at least it'll be one less thing to worry about.

Hope you get to drive yours soon now it's back to power :)
Daytona Grey RS4 B7 Saloon, carbon cleaned, titan alloys, LEDs, deflap manifold and stage 1 map, Bilstein PSS9 coilover set up, 8mm spacers, lowered.

coffey555
5th Gear

Post by coffey555 » Wed May 28, 2014 7:02 pm

You going for standard setup or the Forge kit Ian?

My one was done 4 years ago so when it goes again I will upgrade to the Forge one now they have fixed the vibration/harmonics issues with the new mounting kit.
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

DaytonaRs4
2nd Gear

Post by DaytonaRs4 » Wed May 28, 2014 7:21 pm

surfpunkian wrote:Hahaha! Yeah sure he will :)

Looks like I'm in for full oil cooler and pipes replacement but at least it'll be one less thing to worry about.

Sorry to hear that bud. Davy said my cooler pipes arent looking to great with corrosion... Next job for me after exhaust will prob be forge kit.

Cars currently in getting exhaust ripped off it. Will go see it friday and take some pics of exhaust build. Getting excited to hear / drive it...

Need to orginise a meet up once you get cooler sorted

surfpunkian
2nd Gear

Post by surfpunkian » Wed May 28, 2014 7:34 pm

Totally, a few of us have met up around the area and it's always a reminder of how awesome these cars are when you see a few others and hear them all! especially reassuring to see tidy 100k+ mile motors still going just as strong :)

DaytonaRs4
2nd Gear

Post by DaytonaRs4 » Fri May 30, 2014 11:12 am

surfpunkian wrote:Hahaha! Yeah sure he will :)

Had a wee shot of my car this morning pre-exhaust. WOW. What have i been missing. Pulls like a train now. I must be on or around the 400 mark now!!!...

Updated my spec on exhaust this morning. Watch this space for a special rs4 exhaust!!... Photos of build next week :biggrin3:

surfpunkian
2nd Gear

Post by surfpunkian » Sat May 31, 2014 9:28 am

Excellent! Look forward to hearing that exhaust :)

Glad you got the power back pal!

Yowler
Neutral

Post by Yowler » Sat May 31, 2014 5:01 pm

This is my first post to the forum since I got my first RS4 a couple of months ago - I ended up at Audi approved out of desperation and had to drive it up from London to Glasgow (what a drive :biggrin2: ). Anyway I also recently had the car dynod at Ecotune out of curiosity because although the car is fast I didn't feel like it was rapier fast at overtaking compared to my old scooby. According to Ecotune the car has 350-360bhp and they reckoned the loss is due to carbon as well (see chart below). They noted that it improved on each run whereas usually the first run is the best out of the three. Sounded amaaazing though. Suggested I go back to Audi with the curve to see what they would do with it... no prizes for guessing Audi's response! Would be very interested to see the results if you decide to have your car re-tested.
AUDI RS4.jpg

DaytonaRs4
2nd Gear

Post by DaytonaRs4 » Sat May 31, 2014 5:46 pm

Get it cleaned and deflapped at autohaus buddy. Davy will sort it out for you. I think i was £750 for clean and deflap

GAZ-MAN
3rd Gear

Post by GAZ-MAN » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:27 pm

thanks for this mate, im from Greenock and didnt quite fancy the trip to mrc for the carbon clean, gonna give autohaus a bell this week for the clean and get the alignment done just got my coilovers done last week, cars coming along well buddy :jump_clap:

DaytonaRs4
2nd Gear

Post by DaytonaRs4 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:28 am

wee update, cars been off road for a bit now, just got it back this week after holiday etc....

autohaus work done:
carbon clean and deflap
new discs / yellow stuff fitted to rear
meyle HD tie rods and alignment
suspension height adjustment
g/box & diff oil change
power steering whine fix and fluid change
racing blue brake fluid change
interim service / castrol fluid
fuel filter
vacuum valve replacement x 2

i must say im impressed with the boys at autohaus, they know thier stuff and cars driving a dream now :)

now that my custom exhaust is fitted i need to get it on the dyno and see how much power i have clawed back....

MartayMcFly
5th Gear

Post by MartayMcFly » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:10 pm

A little off-topic, but since you brought it up what 'fix' did they do to the power steering whine? Would love to use full lock again
2001 8L S3 - sold
2008 8P2 S3 - sold
2007 B7 RS4 - sold
2006 B7 RS4 (supercharged) - sold
2016 C7 RS6 - sold
2015 8V RS3 Stage 3 - sold
2017 Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio

DaytonaRs4
2nd Gear

Post by DaytonaRs4 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:23 pm

I believe it was a little releif valve tgat was removed from the system. Still a slight whine but no where near as bad

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”