12 mm SPACERS ALL ROUND???

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
stealthy
1st Gear

12 mm SPACERS ALL ROUND???

Post by stealthy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:30 pm

Hi guys,

I've just got my wheels back from spit and polish and I've got 12 mm spacers all round that I have been running on my SNA's.
Would I be able to run these on my original wheels without rubbing or is 8 mm the max I can go on the front? Also I'm on original suspension not sports.

:thumbs:

Robnic
3rd Gear

Re: 12 mm SPACERS ALL ROUND???

Post by Robnic » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:35 pm

Hi, I'm on 10mm all round lowered on KW adjustable springs Michelin standard size tyres with no issues - I have removed the plastic stud and U clip from the top of the front arch replaced with a blind lower profile clip.
B7 RS4 MTM K540 Sprint loon, Lysholm/Opcon twin-screw supercharger, Ceramics, HEL Hoses, Loba SM Fly, Sachs performance clutch kit, MTM full stainless exhaust system with freeflow cats & quad valved tailpipes, Hotchkis ARB's, Bilstein B16 Coil Overs, LED Rear lights, Interior & LED 50W DRL's, Buckets in race cloth, Black optics, FBSW, Titanium pack, Solar Sunroof, Adaptive lights, MTM 10mm spacers Fr & Rr, 193 Nav unit, 2nd careful owner :-)

Youngben
4th Gear

Post by Youngben » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:58 pm

You will be ok on standard suspension i should think. Im running 11mm all around and it is pushing it on the back really with standard wheels and tyres. Fronts are catching a little but that's because there is a big lip on the inner arch. Having them both rolled this week to cure the problem.

That's at this height though...

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:04 pm

Ben, as you know, the back is already rolled so it's only the front you can do. But is that going to stop it rubbing? I find the top of my tyre (the actual thread) is catching the bottom of the wheel arch (at the 12 o'clock position) when turning fast and something in th road makes the wheel go up (like a bump). It's not really a problem for me as this rarely happens, fast sweeping bends are fine and even fast tight roundabouts. Having said that, you're fronts do stick out further than mine.

TimDogg
4th Gear

Post by TimDogg » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:31 pm

Looks sweet Ben, love the plate - I've done mine to look German too with an authentic German plate surround - so far the feds have been OK with it!
'13 Audi A4 Allroad - White (loaded)
'06 Audi RS4 - Sprint Blue (Non-res Milltek, valved)
'04 Lotus Elise 111R (Aubergine NOT purple) - will sell in the spring http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez4KN_l7 ... SVUBYBWtEA
'56 ST220 (Sold)
'97 ST24 (Sold - loved lots)

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:00 pm

Cars looking pretty special ben! What heights are you running bud and do you live in/around Gloucester area?
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm
Revolution intake, custom CAF, carbon clean, deflaped manifold, JHM manifold spacers, Forge oil cooler, Forge spacers, full de-cat, Scorpion cat back, Trup's LED's, 20' S5 wheels, KW V3's.
Launch control & flat shift :mrgreen:

Youngben
4th Gear

Post by Youngben » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:19 pm

MikeFish wrote:Ben, as you know, the back is already rolled so it's only the front you can do. But is that going to stop it rubbing? I find the top of my tyre (the actual thread) is catching the bottom of the wheel arch (at the 12 o'clock position) when turning fast and something in th road makes the wheel go up (like a bump). It's not really a problem for me as this rarely happens, fast sweeping bends are fine and even fast tight roundabouts. Having said that, you're fronts do stick out further than mine.
Yeah the backs are spot on with the rolled lip :beerchug: I will have a mooch under there but i am pretty sure that it is the arch that it hits as before the spacers were fitted it was spot on and the only thing it is closer to is the arch inner lip. As you probably know from looking under there its a good 10-15mm out from the arch. Its half a job by Audi anyway and something i want doing.
TimDogg wrote:Looks sweet Ben, love the plate - I've done mine to look German too with an authentic German plate surround - so far the feds have been OK with it!
Thank you buddy. Better than my last plate which i thought looked good but now i look back it looked so bad. I have had no trouble with police either (runs off to touch wood) and its much more police friendly than my badly spaced plates were and not running a front plate. I must of got stopped 5 times in the space of 6 months.
TAB1S wrote:Cars looking pretty special ben! What heights are you running bud and do you live in/around Gloucester area?
Thanks :beerchug: running 635mm ground to arch all around from a quick measurement just.

Im in Worcester area but do pop down that way from time to time. I was in Stroud on Friday and waved and had a wave back from a fellow RS owner. Wasn't you was it? :beerchug:

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:41 pm

No bud wasn't me mate, iv got the same as you and have seen another one passing through quedgeley a few times now which is what finally confirmed the fact that i needed 1 in my life.
Back to topic Im running kw's on standard wheels with sessanta's 11mm rear & 9mm fronts with no rubbing but haven't pushed them to hard or far yet.
Surprised about your german plates guys iv also suffered with plate spacing and was going to go down your route but heard the po po were getting hot on it! Defiantly suits the car best imo tho. :thumbs:
Forgot to add 645mm all round.
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm
Revolution intake, custom CAF, carbon clean, deflaped manifold, JHM manifold spacers, Forge oil cooler, Forge spacers, full de-cat, Scorpion cat back, Trup's LED's, 20' S5 wheels, KW V3's.
Launch control & flat shift :mrgreen:

stealthy
1st Gear

Post by stealthy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:47 pm

All fitted yesterday with no issues.
Cheers.

sakimano
5th Gear

Post by sakimano » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:01 pm

I think the front sticks out too much when you go with the same spacers all around.

8mm front
12mm rear

That to me sounds perfect.

I have 10mm rear

So many variables though with tires, ride height etc determining success or failure.

p.s. speaking of success...this looks so good. Love Daytona.

hlbeckley
4th Gear

Post by hlbeckley » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:33 pm

Seeing that pic makes me realize I need spacers asap

WilkinsonRS4
2nd Gear

Post by WilkinsonRS4 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:28 am

sakimano wrote:I think the front sticks out too much when you go with the same spacers all around.

8mm front
12mm rear

That to me sounds perfect.

I have 10mm rear

So many variables though with tires, ride height etc determining success or failure.

p.s. speaking of success...this looks so good. Love Daytona.

I have 8mm front and 10mm rear and I get zero rubbing it's been the perfect combo with zero issues guys
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Modified standard exhaust Modified deflapped inlet manifold ported and polished
Head and valve decoke Performance K&N panel filter. Remapped. Lowered slightly (20mm) on KW performance springs Widened on 10mm spacers.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”