Residuals

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
neilparf
Cruising

Re: Residuals

Post by neilparf » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:25 am

All of the above. When I searched for mine, it was history, including service, recalls and warranty/repair work and all Audi servicing. That later bit served me well when it came to a DRC front failure and goodwill. Then milage and condition and figure in amount of owners (subjective as we've all seen impecable high mile examples well cherished) and then spec. As the other posts, FBSW, buckets and Nav. I know of a car that hung around for nearly year at a dealer because it had one of the magic 3 missing.

After, all of that, think the nice spec bits - adaptive lights, rain sensing wipes and auto lights and dimming mirror (the tech pack) as nice touches. I managed to find one with SS+ and can be desirable - a bit like ceramics but maybe not as much. Colour - there's a sea of Daytona and black and sprint blue - Imola is an acquired taste. Imola aside, colour was way down the list for me - if I found a car that was incredibly 'sorted' those factors were the important considerations and I'd suck the colour up (to an extent). Ultimatlye I wanted Phantom black (bugger to keep clean), but ended up with silver and that was the balance...

Good luck...
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

John Johnson
5th Gear

Post by John Johnson » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:08 am

Mines got SS+ and a few avoid if like the plague thinking it's hard ..... It's spot on and handles well
Current toys in the garage
B7 avant in Daytona with ceramics and a few other goodies and lowwwww miles :-)
Ur quattro. lago Blue
Ur quattro. Mars red

Rs1600i
Transit custom sportvan

http://youtu.be/FWBUl7oT9sA

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:09 pm

John Johnson wrote:Mines got SS+ and a few avoid if like the plague thinking it's hard ..... It's spot on and handles well
I totally agree. I posted early with my spec when I was looking and pretty much everyone came back unanimously saying it's great - some wishing they had found an example spec'd with it. I thought maybe it would be a hard ride, but it's perfect. With DRC set-up correctly it's just perfect...

The annoying thing is, I've not really driven a non SS+ standard RS4 in anger to compare. With the DRC pressurised correctly and no issues there a decent tyre choice it's on rails :rocker:
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

toyneg
5th Gear

Post by toyneg » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:02 pm

I never had SS+ but the difference when I installed K/W adjustable springs was massive, such an improvement to both ride and look.
Glacier White 2017 S3 Saloon with all the Tech.
Gone but not forgotten - B7 RS4 Saloon Black - H&R spacers, Tints, Gun Metal Alloys, MRC Stage 2, Pre Cats, Milltek Non Res, K/W Springs, MRC Full Carbon clean - 431ps
previous - B6 A4 1.8T S-Line 215PS

Gavla
3rd Gear

Post by Gavla » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:13 pm

toyneg wrote:I never had SS+ but the difference when I installed K/W adjustable springs was massive, such an improvement to both ride and look.
I had SS+ before installing the same kit as Toyneg and I can say that there was a noticeable difference from SS+. The main reason for me changing was to drop the front as even with SS+ the front IMO rides a little too high :wink:
RS4 (B7) Saloon Phantom Black, Black Optics, Tech Pack, KW Lowering Spring Kit, Stern Adjustable Arms, MRC Stage 2, Stage 1 Manifold, CAF, LOBA Stage 1 Clutch,
447ps/490nm (MRC), Scorpion Exhaust Non-Res Black Tips, Pre-cats gutted, Shadow Black Chrome Alloys, Viper Alarm, LED Interior lights, Tints

John Johnson
5th Gear

Post by John Johnson » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:37 pm

Mines a tad higher at the front too :thumbs: does look a bit odd at times
Current toys in the garage
B7 avant in Daytona with ceramics and a few other goodies and lowwwww miles :-)
Ur quattro. lago Blue
Ur quattro. Mars red

Rs1600i
Transit custom sportvan

http://youtu.be/FWBUl7oT9sA

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:41 pm

John Johnson wrote:Mines a tad higher at the front too :thumbs: does look a bit odd at times
+1

joinery80
3rd Gear

Post by joinery80 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Ha ha

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”