First post from a proud newbie owner

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Sterling
Neutral

First post from a proud newbie owner

Post by Sterling » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:25 am

Hi all, been flicking through your site for a while now( great place indeed ) .finally bought my own Rs & seen what all the hype is about (what a machine )
Chat to you all soon cheers :blackrs4:
Attachments
forum picture.jpg

wrekka
5th Gear

Re: First post from a proud newbie owner

Post by wrekka » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:12 am

Excellent and welcome.
Sold: 2012 RS3 APR St2 exclusive buckets!
Sold: 2014 Audi S4 Avant Black Edition (too slow as a stock car-doesn't sound good);
2016 RS6 performance with Non-res milltek (gutted to sell it) ;
2014 C7, Misano c6 mrc stage 2. AAS Custom Exhaust, cat bypass, itg filters. 731ps 1058nm. Superrbike quick!
TTS RS4 -amazing machine,
Previous:
many, many cars; all great and well-remembered!

toyneg
5th Gear

Post by toyneg » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:42 am

very nice Sterling - exactly how mine looked when i got it. do you have any mods planned or are you keeping it standard?
Glacier White 2017 S3 Saloon with all the Tech.
Gone but not forgotten - B7 RS4 Saloon Black - H&R spacers, Tints, Gun Metal Alloys, MRC Stage 2, Pre Cats, Milltek Non Res, K/W Springs, MRC Full Carbon clean - 431ps
previous - B6 A4 1.8T S-Line 215PS

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:19 pm

toyneg wrote:very nice Sterling - exactly how mine looked when i got it. do you have any mods planned or are you keeping it standard?
LOL, I was just about to say exactly the same!

Looks very tidy!

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:21 pm

FON.

Noice.
No matter where you go, there you are.

jaysrs4
5th Gear

Post by jaysrs4 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:28 pm

FON - More effort on pics please!!! :wink:

sync24
5th Gear

Post by sync24 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Welcome along fella - a special car and special colour! FON

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:23 am

Welcome to the forum! Nice looking car - few more pics!

FON!
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

WilkinsonRS4
2nd Gear

Post by WilkinsonRS4 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:36 am

Sterling wrote:Hi all, been flicking through your site for a while now( great place indeed ) .finally bought my own Rs & seen what all the hype is about (what a machine )
Nice motor mate!!!
Looks like mine was standard but with a little TLC you can really make the most of this pure machine!!
Modified deflapped inlet manifold ported and polished
Head and valve decoke (nearly £1k itself!) defo worth it though!!
Performance K&N panel filter to help it breath!!
Remapped to approximately 430hp (up from real life 390hp of standard car not 420 as we are lead to believe)
Lowered slightly (20mm) on KW performance springs (but no problem with speed bumps)
Widened on 10mm spacers for arch filling road presence.
The result is awesome!! Take a look!!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:07 am

WilkinsonRS4 wrote:
Sterling wrote:Hi all, been flicking through your site for a while now( great place indeed ) .finally bought my own Rs & seen what all the hype is about (what a machine )
Nice motor mate!!!
Looks like mine was standard but with a little TLC you can really make the most of this pure machine!!
Modified deflapped inlet manifold ported and polished
Head and valve decoke (nearly £1k itself!) defo worth it though!!
Performance K&N panel filter to help it breath!!
Remapped to approximately 430hp (up from real life 390hp of standard car not 420 as we are lead to believe)
Lowered slightly (20mm) on KW performance springs (but no problem with speed bumps)
Widened on 10mm spacers for arch filling road presence.
The result is awesome!! Take a look!!
+1 on those mods and an RS4 ROCKS!
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

Sterling
Neutral

Post by Sterling » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:11 am

Thanks Gang,
just got a Swissvax entry kit through the post so polishing her up at some point this weekend ready for road trip to her parents place next weekend ,should be some photo opportunities between Sussex & Dartmoor :jump:
Mods wise thinking Miltek full system (louder the better) at some point and a decoke with stage 1 remap. never considered spacers but they look tight (props out ) after I get the Front brakes done , Oe discs but unsure on best pad choice (not planning any track days atm so don't need anything too race just solid street grunt, Any pointers ??

& by the way what is the fastest colour atm ??

Tile Diver
4th Gear

Post by Tile Diver » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:31 am

FON!!!!

Good choice of motor and Forum, there's an unbelievable wealth of knowledge on here, so use it for all your questions!!! Enjoy!!! :beerchug:
B7 RS4 Avant 2007 Daytona Grey
Black Optics / Ti Pack
SS Suspension +
Sunroof
H&R Hubcentric Spacers
Milltek Res / Valved Cat Back
Stage 2 MRC Map
Cold Air Feed
Carbon Clean
Pre-Cats Gutted
447 PS

If in doubt.. Power out!!

WilkinsonRS4
2nd Gear

Post by WilkinsonRS4 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:53 am

Sterling wrote:Thanks Gang,
just got a Swissvax entry kit through the post so polishing her up at some point this weekend ready for road trip to her parents place next weekend ,should be some photo opportunities between Sussex & Dartmoor :jump:
Mods wise thinking Miltek full system (louder the better) at some point and a decoke with stage 1 remap. never considered spacers but they look tight (props out ) after I get the Front brakes done , Oe discs but unsure on best pad choice (not planning any track days atm so don't need anything too race just solid street grunt, Any pointers ??

I actually believe the OEM exhaust is a better exhaust than a Milltek hence why mine is the standard but modified by centre section cut out and a straight section welded in stainless of course. It's got an amazing note to it.
My spacers are 8mm all round and it's pushed the wheels out just enough and looks awesome and wider from behind to the standard set up mate. Defo worth doing.
Modified standard exhaust Modified deflapped inlet manifold ported and polished
Head and valve decoke Performance K&N panel filter. Remapped. Lowered slightly (20mm) on KW performance springs Widened on 10mm spacers.

CellDamage
3rd Gear

Post by CellDamage » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:01 am

Welcome mate, nice to see another tidy black saloon :)

WilkinsonRS4
2nd Gear

Post by WilkinsonRS4 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:51 pm

Sterling wrote:Thanks Gang,

I don't do track days but at the end of the day you need good brakes to stop a V8 in full throttle, I got Yellow Stuff pads to mine and they are great and have never had any issues with them so far!!
Modified standard exhaust Modified deflapped inlet manifold ported and polished
Head and valve decoke Performance K&N panel filter. Remapped. Lowered slightly (20mm) on KW performance springs Widened on 10mm spacers.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”