Breadvan RS4

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
neilparf
Cruising

Re: Drug dealer breadvan RS4

Post by neilparf » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:47 pm

EPIC. Ross, these pics and write have made me want to go.

Is it me, or does a 7 year old RS4 still look stunning on a track?

Great to hear the car behaved faultlessly. And yes, are those silver blocks behind the radiator grill the top mount of radiator or similar or secret flash lights! :sekret:
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

RossDagley
Top Gear

Post by RossDagley » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:10 pm

Jut a quick update here.

The laps of the 'ring I did (7) 5 were in the wet (and 4 of those were absolutely THROWING it down - you can kinda see from the photos!). So, very kind on the car, very low speed and lots of learning by me! The other two laps weren't exactly quick either so the wear on the tires was no where near as bad as predicted but they're due now really (come onto that in a sec).

I've had a few issues in other areas that I'll not drag into this post but hopefully those are being sorted!

Car currently wants for a new MAF sensor, but I've got one coming tomorrow (christ, I wish these were cheaper!) so hopefully that'll sort the running issues. It also needs new tires but we'll see if I can hold on just a moment longer because (anyone who diverges onto the other RS246 forum areas might have seen this) but I'm actively viewing C6 RS6's now, and have an appointment with a Approved Used one tomorrow in fact. IF (big if) I trade in the RS4 for the RS6 then the tires can be sorted by Audi rather than me spending the £600 on them just before selling the car!

I'm not saying the 4 is for sale, or even that I want rid, just... if the RIGHT C6 comes along then I'm open to temptation... Horrible really as I love this car so much but crave 700bhp and more load space :(

Thanks all for reading my drivel!
Believe only the man who has nothing to gain from what he says.

2017 BMW M4 Competition Pack - Mineral Grey - 530ps by bootmod3, JCWeldfab exhaust.
Previously:
Renault Megane R26 - Liquid Yellow - 275ps.
2015 Audi Exclusive RS4 B8 - Merlin Purple - JCWF Exhaust
2009 Audi RS6 C6 - Phantom Black - 730ps MRC Tuned
2008 Audi RS4 B7 - Phantom Black - 449ps MRC Tuned
2002 Peugeot 106 Gti - Mauritius blue - 430ps Home built.

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:17 pm

RossDagley wrote:Jut a quick update here.

The laps of the 'ring I did (7) 5 were in the wet (and 4 of those were absolutely THROWING it down - you can kinda see from the photos!). So, very kind on the car, very low speed and lots of learning by me! The other two laps weren't exactly quick either so the wear on the tires was no where near as bad as predicted but they're due now really (come onto that in a sec).

I've had a few issues in other areas that I'll not drag into this post but hopefully those are being sorted!

Car currently wants for a new MAF sensor, but I've got one coming tomorrow (christ, I wish these were cheaper!) so hopefully that'll sort the running issues. It also needs new tires but we'll see if I can hold on just a moment longer because (anyone who diverges onto the other RS246 forum areas might have seen this) but I'm actively viewing C6 RS6's now, and have an appointment with a Approved Used one tomorrow in fact. IF (big if) I trade in the RS4 for the RS6 then the tires can be sorted by Audi rather than me spending the £600 on them just before selling the car!

I'm not saying the 4 is for sale, or even that I want rid, just... if the RIGHT C6 comes along then I'm open to temptation... Horrible really as I love this car so much but crave 700bhp and more load space :(

Thanks all for reading my drivel!
I think that makes sense! 700bhp and more space - at least of it pulls off, you'll only be a forum away :)
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

toyneg
5th Gear

Post by toyneg » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:29 pm

I went to the Ring last mth and loved it so much I am going back again next Friday for the weekend. Can't wait.
Glacier White 2017 S3 Saloon with all the Tech.
Gone but not forgotten - B7 RS4 Saloon Black - H&R spacers, Tints, Gun Metal Alloys, MRC Stage 2, Pre Cats, Milltek Non Res, K/W Springs, MRC Full Carbon clean - 431ps
previous - B6 A4 1.8T S-Line 215PS

voidopolis
Neutral

Re: First step to Audi for me

Post by voidopolis » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:47 pm

RossDagley wrote:Well that's the start of my raspberry pi install done.

Now have a video/audio input on the rnse and a raspberry pi with usb 1tb hdd installed. Limitless possibilities now - the pi is controlled by xbmc app on my phone (connected to my iPhones wifi hotspot) and you can watch or listen to anything on the hdd now.
Because the pi is on wifi to my phone, can even stream audio over the web love (like 1xtra or watch iplayer etc) if I wanted.

That should keep the wife happy on longer journeys and the music choice is going to be awesome :)
enjoyed reading your thread - question: do you have a writeup somewhere on the Raspberry PI Setup with your RNSE?

RossDagley
Top Gear

Drug dealer breadvan RS4

Post by RossDagley » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:15 pm

voidopolis wrote:
enjoyed reading your thread - question: do you have a writeup somewhere on the Raspberry PI Setup with your RNSE?
i don't I'm afraid. I'll try to remember to write one when I get a chance.

In other news...

Small puddle of oil under bumper today. Great. :/ Booked in already next week again with MRC - looks like I'm due some oil cooler lines too.

Looking like an expensive month again! New pads (again - ds3000 this time), decats, remap for above and oil pipes (hopefully not cooler!).

Grrr. At least it'll be ready for the ring next weekend. Rather it failed here than there!

Trax car show Sunday so started prep today. Cleaning of course.

And a "clean" is only a "wash" until you take the wheels off to do em properly.

Still. They clean up well. :)

2017 BMW M4 Competition Pack - Mineral Grey - 530ps by bootmod3, JCWeldfab exhaust.
Previously:

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:43 am

Ross, lovely 'wash'! Proper job with wheels - nice work!

What colour are your wheels - anthracite?

Sorry to hear about the cooler lines :(

RossDagley
Top Gear

Post by RossDagley » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:27 am

Yeah anthracite. It's not a "lepsons" standard of finish but a mobile van place did it at my house. Respray rather than powder coat. But still came out nice. Had them done a few months ago now and still scrub up ok.

Off to mrc this morning.

Previously:

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:00 am

RossDagley wrote:Thanks :)

Yeah anthracite. It's not a "lepsons" standard of finish but a mobile van place did it at my house. Respray rather than powder coat. But still came out nice. Had them done a few months ago now and still scrub up ok.

Off to mrc this morning.
Nice - Anthracite suits black very well :bigblink: Lepsons do a nice finish agreed but yours do look very good still...

MRC - ahhhh your holiday home beckons! Good luck :boots:

murph22
1st Gear

Post by murph22 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:50 pm

Car is stunning Ross, best of luck with the Oil Cooler.

You mentioned in a previous post about your drivers door being out of line, did you ever get this sorted and if you did, can you let
me know as my passenger door is similar.

longman h
4th Gear

Post by longman h » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:20 am

Looking very nice indeed.

Where abouts did you get the centre caps from as I think they'd look good on the plus?
Daytona Grey C6 RS6 Avant
Ebony Black C5 RS6 Plus - Gone

RossDagley
Top Gear

Post by RossDagley » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:51 pm

longman h wrote:Looking very nice indeed.

Where abouts did you get the centre caps from as I think they'd look good on the plus?
I just got the centre caps from ebay. Here's the ones I bought:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-AUDI-ALLO ... 35d6e543ec
murph22 wrote:Car is stunning Ross, best of luck with the Oil Cooler.

You mentioned in a previous post about your drivers door being out of line, did you ever get this sorted and if you did, can you let
me know as my passenger door is similar.
I managed to adjust the door on the hinges a little - just enough to stop it bothering me too much.

Thanks for the comments. I've had a MASSIVE result today. I had just presumed it was the oil cooler lines but... turns out it wasn't (and that's a good thing!). MRC have just said it's the oil level sensor that's at fault and leaking. So... Pipes and cooler are officially fine, it's just an £80 sensor. Mega happy. For once it's not too expensive!

Went to Trax car show at Silverstone yesterday:

Not the best photos but the car really looked well :) Needs a front end respray though to fix the stone chips - I'm gonna be massively outshone at ADI :p

Previously:

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:05 pm

Wow - result Ross!!!! £80 vs the fat end of £800 is a result!

Nah, car looks tidy!!! ADI will be great.

Just watching mine have a Hunter alignment - almost perfect just a touch toe in to resolve but apprently the operator is 'picky' so that's good!

ADI here we come!

murph22
1st Gear

Post by murph22 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:53 pm

Thanks for the info Ross, I wouldn't be as confident as you about adjusting it myself, so off to the bodyshop.

The car looks superb in the Trax pics, and for once a positive outcome with the oil cooler/sensor.

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:17 pm

I'm sure you are already aware the oil sensor can only be changed when the sump is empty. So will need to be combined with 9 litres of Castrol and a new filter.
B5 B6 B7 B9

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”