Another stolen RS4

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
PetrolDave
Cruising

Another stolen RS4

Post by PetrolDave » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:53 pm

Just seen this thread on ASN and thought it was worth sharing here...

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/rs4-forum- ... ost2101778
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

neilparf
Cruising

Re: Another stolen RS4

Post by neilparf » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:05 pm

Gutted for the guy - at least when they broke in the house they just took what they needed and went - nobody disturbed or indeed harmed.

My key is 3 ft away from me whilst asleep...

The more I carry on with my plan to get mine the way I want it, the more this plays on my mind...
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

S4WON
Top Gear

Post by S4WON » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:46 pm

neilparf wrote:Gutted for the guy - at least when they broke in the house they just took what they needed and went - nobody disturbed or indeed harmed.

The more I carry on with my plan to get mine the way I want it, the more this plays on my mind...
There is a view, and it is one I share that if someone goes to the trouble of breaking into your house they are not likely to leave when politely asked to do so.

I say leave the keys downstairs and visible, if not easily accessible through a front door. If they want it that much, they can have it.

A car is easily replaced, my family isn't!

coffey555
5th Gear

Post by coffey555 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:56 pm

I also leave my keys out so that if they do want the car they don't have to go through anyone to get it.

Poor guy, must be truly gutted.

However, he may have the last laugh as I doubt the thieves would have gotten very far before spinning off into a tree given the cold weather and the P Zero's the car had on.....
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:09 pm

S4WON wrote:
neilparf wrote:Gutted for the guy - at least when they broke in the house they just took what they needed and went - nobody disturbed or indeed harmed.

There is a view, and it is one I share that if someone goes to the trouble of breaking into your house they are not likely to leave when politely asked to do so.

I say leave the keys downstairs and visible, if not easily accessible through a front door. If they want it that much, they can have it.

A car is easily replaced, my family isn't!
I don't subscribe to that. Leaving any key near a front door isn't the coolest thing to do - that's just placing a greater desire to obtain them even more in the hands of the scum that try. You disturb them trying to get the keys and confront them - then what? They assume you've ID'd them and then?

Yes, my family is way more important than an RS4 - but anyone crossing the line of entering my home with any type of intent, be it car or the flat screen TV or anything else, then the gloves are off. It may sound bravado, but I speak from first hand experience, and let's say it didn't end that well for the two that tried. But that's a different story.

Having said all that, I'm behind a secure gated driveway nowadays and any scum doing his homework knows the Maserati 1 mile away is easier to grab and more expensive...

An Englishman's house is his castle, and all that. But hey, that's just me...
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:16 pm

+1 let them have it :beerchug:
I never leave my keys in the house when I'm out, they are always with me when I'm not in riv, no point in making things easy for the TOSSERS

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:22 pm

S4WON wrote:I say leave the keys downstairs and visible, if not easily accessible through a front door.
We were broken into nearly 2 years ago and used to leave our car keys downstairs and visible - but were strongly advised by the Crime Prevention Officer that visited us afterwards that we should not be doing that.

I questioned him about the (already then) well know method of stealing cars like the RS4 being to break into the house and steal the keys, his view was that unless they are really serious professional car thieves they won't risk anything more than a quick check downstairs for the keys and if they don't find them will move on to an easier target.

So he reckoned that by having the keys with you at all times only placed yourself at risk from the real top-end international car thieves who are stealing to order - and the RS4 (especially now it's an old model and the price is sub-£25k) is not in that class.
Last edited by PetrolDave on Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:22 pm

Silas wrote:
I never leave my keys in the house when I'm out, they are always with me when I'm not in riv, no point in making things easy for the TOSSERS
+++++1

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:33 pm

PetrolDave wrote:
S4WON wrote:I say leave the keys downstairs and visible, if not easily accessible through a front door.
We were broken into nearly 2 years ago and used to leave our car keys downstairs and visible - but were strongly advised by the Crime Prevention Officer that visited us afterwards that we should not be doing that.

I questioned him about the (already then) well know method of stealing cars like the RS4 being to break into the house and steal the keys, his view was that unless they are really serious professional car thieves they won't risk anything more than a quick check downstairs for the keys and if they don't find them will move on to an easier target.

So he reckoned that by having the keys with you at all times only placed yourself at risk from the real top-end international car thieves who are stealing to order - and the RS4 (especially now it's an old model and the price is sub-£25k) is not in that class.
If the low life, turd feeding scum spend anything more than 30 seconds on trying to grab an RS4 via the 'keys-on-the-kitchen-table' method, then they are indeed serious thieves pre-ocuopiued with exotica. Meaning, anyone stealing an RS4 are car thieves looking to build their ebay parts shop. If they can't get it easy then they'll be moving on swiftly.

DNA and any shred of clothing nowadays is a big help to the Police - the thieves know this and if they can't grab those keys in under 30 seconds they'll be off. Besides, a thief has to be sure of his in and out route - setting out to steal a car can suddenly turn into a more 'involved' job if they come across the owner, his dog, the owner with a baseball bat...

S4WON
Top Gear

Post by S4WON » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:35 pm

PetrolDave wrote:

Good to know.

Just for clarity I'm not saying you leave them near a front door, just visible "downstairs". Anyway, take the advice from a CPO over mine but I'll still leave mine downstairs.

R1RS4
5th Gear

Post by R1RS4 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:02 pm

neilparf wrote:
Silas wrote:
++++++1
Pick axe handle with nylon head much better than basball bat, longer and angled...nice

If you have a UPVC front door (type) make sure iis locked from inside at night, they use a contraption they put through the letter box and push the handle down, they tried to get my R32 one night I heard the letter box flap spring back, as I sleep with the windows open

Found out the next day a close neighbour lost his wallet, laptop and his Mrs handbag, and his pride and joy Subaru off his drive, two dogs in the kitchen!
RS4 B7 Avant,2007
Metallic black, Black optics pack, Black gloss Wheels, Milltek black tipped -valved, MRC Installed TTS Supercharger 610ps/626nm, MRC stage 3 remap, CAF, DRC/SS+ with H&R spacers, carbon race splitter, carbon trim

CellDamage
3rd Gear

Post by CellDamage » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:09 pm

neilparf wrote: My key is 3 ft away from me whilst asleep...
Same!

Sorry but leaving your key in a visible location is a terrible idea.

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:17 pm

R1RS4 wrote:
Pick axe handle with nylon head much better than basball bat, longer and angled...nice

If you have a UPVC front door (type) make sure iis locked from inside at night, they use a contraption they put through the letter box and push the handle down, they tried to get my R32 one night I heard the letter box flap spring back, as I sleep with the windows open

Found out the next day a close neighbour lost his wallet, laptop and his Mrs handbag, and his pride and joy Subaru off his drive, two dogs in the kitchen!
Nah, a frozen leg of Lamb - once used as a hefty deterrent, you can roast it and all traces of DNA have gone - you can call the plod two hours later (or 90 minutes of you like it pink) and say the naughty little t**t must've slipped - just found him here, honest officer... one down...

All my doors are either a massive Oak front door or steel patio double doors with anti theft lift lugs and multipoint. The Security gates to the drive way have a Magna latch for added security. Oh, whilst I'm at it displaying my security features the gate code is...

R1RS4
5th Gear

Post by R1RS4 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:28 pm

neilparf wrote:
R1RS4 wrote:

Nah, a frozen leg of Lamb - once used as a hefty deterrent, you can roast it and all traces of DNA have gone - you can call the plod two hours later (or 90 minutes of you like it pink) and say the naughty little t**t must've slipped - just found him here, honest officer... one down...

All my doors are either a massive Oak front door or steel patio double doors with anti theft lift lugs and multipoint. The Security gates to the drive way have a Magna latch for added security. Oh, whilst I'm at it displaying my security features the gate code is...
yes I know "0000" lol

They have to get the moat gate down to get at our house, operated by a voice reconition system
RS4 B7 Avant,2007
Metallic black, Black optics pack, Black gloss Wheels, Milltek black tipped -valved, MRC Installed TTS Supercharger 610ps/626nm, MRC stage 3 remap, CAF, DRC/SS+ with H&R spacers, carbon race splitter, carbon trim

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:35 pm

Wrong, good guess, It's '1234' :jump:

I was serious about my Magna Latch LOL! But a moat, now I feel inadequate! :bowdown:

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”