Unit20 offering cheap KW lowering kits

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
grizz
Cruising

Re: Unit20 offering cheap KW lowering kits

Post by grizz » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi guys , fitting is 5 hours @ £55 + vat per hour .

The kit can be fitted without disconnecting the drc.

We recommend having a drc re gas at the same time to ensure the drc is working correctly .

A full drc regas is £177 + vat inc the hyd oil .

grizz
Unit 20
0151 3366888
The northwest's only dedicated 'RS' repair centre.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/unit-20/104343529619713

Youngben
4th Gear

Post by Youngben » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:03 pm

also have these fitted! was easy to fit and they ride very nice and give the car a much nicer look sitting lower down! rears are on max adjustment though and i would like a little more

scaghead
Top Gear

Post by scaghead » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:30 pm

How long have you had them on Ben? As I was told they may settle lower than first set after a few months...how low did you get the rears as it states you can go as much as 25mm? Looks good though fella...
R8 gen1 v10 plus white. Larini clubsport valved zorst.carbon side flicks,and fixed carbon spoiler.
Previous..RS4 Sprint blue loon..milltek non-res valved.revolution carbon air intake kit.cold air feed.carbon clean.MRC stage 2 remap..led interior lights.dectane led rear lights.led drls.Argon carbon oil splitter,race style front splitter,B and C door pillars and engine bottle cover..KW lowering springs.HEL brake lines all round.

Gavla
3rd Gear

Post by Gavla » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:37 pm

scaghead wrote:
Gavla wrote:Nice one :thumbs:

Scaghead - what were your front/rear settings? - would be good to see a picture or two. Thanks ;-)
Will post some pics,but at the moment I am waiting for my new tyres,as I have a couple of flat pothole wrecked ones on there at the mo..looks well low though.. :biggrin2: as soon as I get the bloody thing back,I will post some up..only had the new look for one day.. :bash: the only thing I would say is the more you lower the front it does not fit the arch properly IMO as in shape of front arch/shape of wheel,looked to me like a hot wheels car so had it raised a bit higher than I would have ideally liked,but just couldn't be doing with the way it was...thinking about it ,it probably will look better with the people who are running a slightly higher tyre (35s) would fill the arch better without going so low...
Thanks mate - look forward to the pics ;-) Interesting point on the front - will experiment as supposedly these are easier to adjust ;-)
RS4 (B7) Saloon Phantom Black, Black Optics, Tech Pack, KW Lowering Spring Kit, Stern Adjustable Arms, MRC Stage 2, Stage 1 Manifold, CAF, LOBA Stage 1 Clutch,
447ps/490nm (MRC), Scorpion Exhaust Non-Res Black Tips, Pre-cats gutted, Shadow Black Chrome Alloys, Viper Alarm, LED Interior lights, Tints

Gavla
3rd Gear

Post by Gavla » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:39 pm

Youngben wrote:also have these fitted! was easy to fit and they ride very nice and give the car a much nicer look sitting lower down! rears are on max adjustment though and i would like a little more

Love this shot Ben! Looks good to me :thumbs:
RS4 (B7) Saloon Phantom Black, Black Optics, Tech Pack, KW Lowering Spring Kit, Stern Adjustable Arms, MRC Stage 2, Stage 1 Manifold, CAF, LOBA Stage 1 Clutch,
447ps/490nm (MRC), Scorpion Exhaust Non-Res Black Tips, Pre-cats gutted, Shadow Black Chrome Alloys, Viper Alarm, LED Interior lights, Tints

Gavla
3rd Gear

Post by Gavla » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:41 pm

MikeFish wrote:Link to thread where Voyager162 fitted this kit:
http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=97543
Cheers Mike.

alex020869
3rd Gear

Post by alex020869 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:49 pm

I have the H&R springs on mine and to be honest i am happy with the fronts. However, the rears look way to high considering they are a 'lowering, kit. Think H&R dropped the ball with these.

Ben,
Your car has a great stance. Not sure why you would want to change it?

Just poor timing for me or I would have snapped these up.

Alex
RS4 B7 Mugello Blue Saloon

scaghead
Top Gear

Post by scaghead » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Gavla,in the link thread mike put up, there is a picture of the front looking side on this was how mine was ...like I said maybe if your running 35s you don't have to drop it as low to get that effect...just looks like your closing the space at the top to leave a bigger one to the sides of the arches...
R8 gen1 v10 plus white. Larini clubsport valved zorst.carbon side flicks,and fixed carbon spoiler.
Previous..RS4 Sprint blue loon..milltek non-res valved.revolution carbon air intake kit.cold air feed.carbon clean.MRC stage 2 remap..led interior lights.dectane led rear lights.led drls.Argon carbon oil splitter,race style front splitter,B and C door pillars and engine bottle cover..KW lowering springs.HEL brake lines all round.

Youngben
4th Gear

Post by Youngben » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:48 pm

scaghead wrote:How long have you had them on Ben? As I was told they may settle lower than first set after a few months...how low did you get the rears as it states you can go as much as 25mm? Looks good though fella...
Would say around 10 months now! would say they settled a bit but not much! i have dropped the rears all the way but didnt measure how much it went down by! All i want is the wheel to follow the line of the arch! i have raised the front a little more since that picture as when it settled i got a bit of rubbing! but there is loads of adjustment on the fronts just short a little on the rear

Gavla wrote:Love this shot Ben! Looks good to me :thumbs:
Cheers buddy :beerchug:

alex020869 wrote: Ben,
Your car has a great stance. Not sure why you would want to change it?

Alex
thankyou mate i am in no rush to change it and its still as it is in those pictures it just bugs me the arch sits slightly higher above the tyre on the rear and yet the front sits just right! it don't show when there is luggage in the boot! you can just see in the picture the extra gap on the rear between the tyre and the arch!

perhaps another pic will help a little better! you can see how well the front is sat in the arch to the back but it is a small difference but noticeable

Gavla
3rd Gear

Post by Gavla » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:27 pm

scaghead wrote:Gavla,in the link thread mike put up, there is a picture of the front looking side on this was how mine was ...like I said maybe if your running 35s you don't have to drop it as low to get that effect...just looks like your closing the space at the top to leave a bigger one to the sides of the arches...
Cheers Scaghead :thumbs:

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed May 01, 2013 12:20 am

This was my car with the OEM wheels on and standard (not SS+) suspension. Pretty sure it looks lower than Bens at the back.

alex020869
3rd Gear

Post by alex020869 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:27 am

That looks lower than mine at the back with the H&R's on them. Might consider just putting the original rears back on.

Alex
RS4 B7 Mugello Blue Saloon

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed May 01, 2013 10:05 am

I've cheated a bit of though, my car audio weighs a ton.

Badman
2nd Gear

Post by Badman » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:40 pm

MikeFish wrote:This was my car with the OEM wheels on and standard (not SS+) suspension. Pretty sure it looks lower than Bens at the back.

Mike is this the standard setup is it supposed to be lower at the back than at the front?

Starry
4th Gear

Post by Starry » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:18 pm

Badman wrote:
MikeFish wrote:This was my car with the OEM wheels on and standard (not SS+) suspension. Pretty sure it looks lower than Bens at the back.

Mike is this the standard setup is it supposed to be lower at the back than at the front?
They all seem to sit lower at the back.
2006 RS4
Phantom black
MRC Stage 2, Milltek non res, pre cat delete,

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”