Unit20 offering cheap KW lowering kits

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
MikeFish
Cruising

Unit20 offering cheap KW lowering kits

Post by MikeFish » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:58 pm

Just thought I'd post a link to the group buy that Unit20 are offering for the KW lowering kits that give you adjustable ride height but allows you to keep your DRC. ALso available for other cars as per below.

Like so:
RS4 B7 SALOON
RRP £454.17 + VAT
Part no - 25310051

SPECIAL PRICE - £380+VAT

RS4 B7 AVANT & CAB
RRP £454.17
Part no -25310051

SPECIAL PRICE - £380 + VAT

RS6 C6
Part no - 25310112
RRP - £605 + VAT

SPECIAL PRICE -£550 + VAT

Grizz needs 5 people to take up the offer at those prices and so far there are 3 interested people.

Linky:
http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=103473

scaghead
Top Gear

Re: Unit20 offering cheap KW lowering kits

Post by scaghead » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:28 pm

Just had this done,and would highly recommend...car drives just like it did before comfort wise,but sits lower...not been able to see what it's like on a spirited twisty drive but by all accounts it feels even more planted...kw state the height range adjustment is 15/40 on the fronts and 0/25 on the rears..but amd who done mine say that is a conservative range and you can get more if you would want too...
R8 gen1 v10 plus white. Larini clubsport valved zorst.carbon side flicks,and fixed carbon spoiler.
Previous..RS4 Sprint blue loon..milltek non-res valved.revolution carbon air intake kit.cold air feed.carbon clean.MRC stage 2 remap..led interior lights.dectane led rear lights.led drls.Argon carbon oil splitter,race style front splitter,B and C door pillars and engine bottle cover..KW lowering springs.HEL brake lines all round.

otterolly
2nd Gear

Post by otterolly » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:35 pm

Come on guys we only need 2 more !! ;)

Gavla
3rd Gear

Post by Gavla » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:42 pm

scaghead wrote:Just had this done,and would highly recommend...car drives just like it did before comfort wise,but sits lower...not been able to see what it's like on a spirited twisty drive but by all accounts it feels even more planted...kw state the height range adjustment is 15/40 on the fronts and 0/25 on the rears..but amd who done mine say that is a conservative range and you can get more if you would want too...
Cheers scaghead for the feedback - I've heard good things about this kit also. I have SS+ but primarily want the front to drop as IMO it runs a little high. As this kit is adjustable then it's another plus in case I need to change set-ups.

Need just one more now guys! ;-)
RS4 (B7) Saloon Phantom Black, Black Optics, Tech Pack, KW Lowering Spring Kit, Stern Adjustable Arms, MRC Stage 2, Stage 1 Manifold, CAF, LOBA Stage 1 Clutch,
447ps/490nm (MRC), Scorpion Exhaust Non-Res Black Tips, Pre-cats gutted, Shadow Black Chrome Alloys, Viper Alarm, LED Interior lights, Tints

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:22 pm

I seem to remember a lot of interest in this kit a couple of months ago. I'm sure we'll get that final person soon!

Nickyboy
Top Gear

Post by Nickyboy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:41 am

Hopefully it will be me. Just waiting to hear from Grizz
2014: 8V S3, Scirocco (mistake)
2013: B8 RS 5, 3.0T S5 coupe, B8 S5 cab - temp, B8 S4 avant
2011: 2.0T FL Octavia VRS
2010: 1.8T Octavia VRS

Gavla
3rd Gear

Post by Gavla » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:26 am

Nice one :thumbs:

Scaghead - what were your front/rear settings? - would be good to see a picture or two. Thanks ;-)
RS4 (B7) Saloon Phantom Black, Black Optics, Tech Pack, KW Lowering Spring Kit, Stern Adjustable Arms, MRC Stage 2, Stage 1 Manifold, CAF, LOBA Stage 1 Clutch,
447ps/490nm (MRC), Scorpion Exhaust Non-Res Black Tips, Pre-cats gutted, Shadow Black Chrome Alloys, Viper Alarm, LED Interior lights, Tints

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:05 pm

Can't remember if it was scaghead but somebody did a thread with loads of pictures of them installing it.

shinz
Neutral

Post by shinz » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:44 pm

I am keen on getting a set of these too. I am just waiting on an email reply from Grizz to see if he can send me a set to Perth, Australia. I think I also have a stuffed left rear shock, so hopefully he can supply me with a rear DRC shock also.

Will you guys be buying a set of adjustable upper control arms to dial in some negative camber at the front when lowered? If so, which brand are favoured?
Cheers,
Greg

RS4-AL
2nd Gear

Post by RS4-AL » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:15 pm

so tempted by this offer.... how much are we looking at to get these fitted?

Similar to Gavla, i have SS+ but feel the front rides too high, so it would be good to drop it a little so it sits more in line with the back (although dropping the back just a little too would be nice). Only concern is 2 of the 3 roads out of my area have those stupid central speed humps, and there's very little clearance over some of the bigger mothers already...
SOLD: B7 RS4 Saloon black optics
Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 V8 - NOW GONE along with my shares in Shell
Previous: M3 CSL

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:44 pm

RS4-AL wrote:so tempted by this offer.... how much are we looking at to get these fitted?

Similar to Gavla, i have SS+ but feel the front rides too high, so it would be good to drop it a little so it sits more in line with the back (although dropping the back just a little too would be nice). Only concern is 2 of the 3 roads out of my area have those stupid central speed humps, and there's very little clearance over some of the bigger mothers already...
Can't you ride a wheel on each hump?

I've never had any clearance issues but mine is the non + version althuogh my rear sits lower than a + with all the weight in there.

Not sure on cost of fitting yet. I did ask Grizz to PM me and he did but answered all my questions other than cost of fitting.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:45 pm

He did say it was about 4 or 5 hours though, so if you know their hourly rate you can work it out. Bound to be less than £100 per hour.

scaghead
Top Gear

Post by scaghead » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:01 pm

Gavla wrote:Nice one :thumbs:

Scaghead - what were your front/rear settings? - would be good to see a picture or two. Thanks ;-)
Will post some pics,but at the moment I am waiting for my new tyres,as I have a couple of flat pothole wrecked ones on there at the mo..looks well low though.. :biggrin2: as soon as I get the bloody thing back,I will post some up..only had the new look for one day.. :bash: the only thing I would say is the more you lower the front it does not fit the arch properly IMO as in shape of front arch/shape of wheel,looked to me like a hot wheels car so had it raised a bit higher than I would have ideally liked,but just couldn't be doing with the way it was...thinking about it ,it probably will look better with the people who are running a slightly higher tyre (35s) would fill the arch better without going so low...
R8 gen1 v10 plus white. Larini clubsport valved zorst.carbon side flicks,and fixed carbon spoiler.
Previous..RS4 Sprint blue loon..milltek non-res valved.revolution carbon air intake kit.cold air feed.carbon clean.MRC stage 2 remap..led interior lights.dectane led rear lights.led drls.Argon carbon oil splitter,race style front splitter,B and C door pillars and engine bottle cover..KW lowering springs.HEL brake lines all round.

scaghead
Top Gear

Post by scaghead » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:06 pm

MikeFish wrote:He did say it was about 4 or 5 hours though, so if you know their hourly rate you can work it out. Bound to be less than £100 per hour.
Plus 2...it does take a few hours to do...bare in mind they do a four wheel alignment as part of it,so pretty time consuming..

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:43 pm

Link to thread where Voyager162 fitted this kit:
http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=97543

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”